Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Is the NBA Championship the easiest to obtain?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I was at the bars last night to watch football and the argument came up about a Super Bowl win or a NBA Championship. I told everyone the NBA championship was the hardest to obtain and others said it was the Super Bowl. While the Super Bowl is one game and the NBA title is a series.

As the evening went on they proceeded to say some nasty things to me and started to ramble about Michael Jordan is the greatest ever. Which I agreed because I didn't want to hear their incoherent ramblings about a player that doesn't play anymore.

I finally shut them up when I said......

"If a NBA title is so easily obtainable than explain why the so-called best player in the game had to join other all-stars to get his rings?"

They never bothered me after.

PWNED.
    This is stupid as f*kk, as you probably never even had this conversation and just wanted to make a thread somehow mentioning the fact that Lebron joined other all-stars, but anyway...

Winning in football is more flukey than winning in basketball. You can say that it is easier then since a marginal team can fluke its way into winning a Super Bowl.

But in basketball, it's ridiculously rare for an average team to even come close to the championship. Like the last time a 7th or 8th seed went to the Finals was the Knicks in 1999. But in football many 5th and 6th seeds reach the Super Bowl.

Lakers lost that game. Roger Mason hit a buzzer beater

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    what is their 30 players on a football team playing in a league ofr 16 teams? in the nba their is only 12 players a team competing against 30 other teams. lets not mention how hard it is to make the nba vs the nfl.
    NBA is definitely tougher.

When Lebron has to join other all-stars with a loaded team, you know it's hard to win a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    This is stupid as f*kk, as you probably never even had this conversation and just wanted to make a thread somehow mentioning the fact that Lebron joined other all-stars, but anyway...

Winning in football is more flukey than winning in basketball. You can say that it is easier then since a marginal team can fluke its way into winning a Super Bowl.

But in basketball, it's ridiculously rare for an average team to even come close to the championship. Like the last time a 7th or 8th seed went to the Finals was the Knicks in 1999. But in football many 5th and 6th seeds reach the Super Bowl.
    Uhhhh, not only did he not have this convo, he didn't go to this bar. lol.

OP isn't old enough to drink

NBA is definitely tougher.

When Lebron has to join other all-stars with a loaded team, you know it's hard to win a ring.
    This.

When Kobe Bryant has to join Dwight Howard, Steve Nash & Pau Gasol just to barley get a 7 seed, you know it's tough to win in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This.

When Kobe Bryant has to join Dwight Howard, Steve Nash & Pau Gasol just to barley get a 7 seed, you know it's tough to win in the NBA.

That was a one longass link, 9emp.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I'd say that in comparison to NFL, it is the easiest to win if you have the best team because you have 7 games each series to prove you are the best and can bounce back from an off game. NFL is easier to win if you are not the best team because 1 fluke game can get rid of the toughest competition.

In the NFL you have to be on your best game the day of the Super Bowl. The NBA Finals you have 4-7 games to be good, so you can slack a little.

2007 Patriots. 18-0. Lost the Super Bowl. Were they the better team that day? No. Were they the better team overall. Yes.

College superstar

Last year a 10-6 team won the Super Bowl. I can count with one finger the number of NBA titles in my lifetime won with a winning% that bad. Two years ago the Giants won the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record and was OUTSCORED on the season.

That doesn't happen in the NBA. You have to be the best team to win. At the very least one of the top few and catch some breaks.

Within the last 10 years an 83-79 team won the World series and a 9-7 team won the SB. Those sports do themselves a disservice when they ask for bigger playoff pools and allow lesser teams to win their championships.
    Last edited by HurricaneKid; 10-21-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    In the NFL you have to be on your best game the day of the Super Bowl. The NBA Finals you have 4-7 games to be good, so you can slack a little.

2007 Patriots. 18-0. Lost the Super Bowl. Were they the better team that day? No. Were they the better team overall. Yes.
    This

The NBA title is much easier to win if you get on the right team. However, it's harder to win in terms of the number of roster spots that are available.

But if you factor in that the NFL is a league with parity and the NBA is probably the league with the least parity of any major pro sports league on the planet.......

it's how you look at it then.

Incredibly EASY to win the NBA title, IF you simply get on the right team. But then again, almost impossible to win it, if you never play in LA or Boston or whatever.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Lakers lost that game. Roger Mason hit a buzzer beater

OP which drinks did you get at the bar, glass of chocolate milk? a pepsi? pink lemonade? Seeing as how you were exposed as a 19 year old not more than 1 week ago. You trying to re-establish yourself as an 'old' poster this soon already? People aren't going to forget that quickly