Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #7306
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
yeah i get the power of the church in the past, but its hard to fathom they would directly challenge and trump the power of the king/military might against them. i guess i expect them to be more calculated in whom they're imprisoning for their own sakes and to further their own causes.

its like even going back to the mad king times, you get the impression the king is absolute. they were all oppressed by the mad king who did horrible things and nobody stood up to him, until there was a coup. i wonder where the church was then....

The mad king would burn them all if they dared because he was unreasonable and kill anybody who oppose him or Tywin (who was hand of the king at that time) would make sure this crap wouldn't have happened.

As mentioned before, this wouldn't have happened to the kings in the past. Even Joffrey. Mostly because of three reasons. 1. The kings weren't afraid of getting their hands dirty. 2. The High Septons were already corrupt. You seem them going to brothels and stuff and try to do politics. 3. They never armed crazy ass radicals and let them do their own crap.

This is suppose to represent Tommen's incompetence and lack of experience as king, the medieval Catholic Church parallels, and aggressive religion reform. Oh, and it shows Cersei ain't no Tyrion or Tywin. This is all her fault.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #7307
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallIn
grrm just dropped the mic on the got rape critics
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #7308
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd

The riders of the 3 dragons will be Daenerys, Bran, and ???. Tyrion will become Warden of the West & Lord of Casterly Rock. Sam will begin training to become a maester on his path to eventually becoming the youngest grand Maester years down the road.

disagree. bran is destined to be the 3 eyed crow, not a dragon rider. the 3 heads will be dany, jon, and tyrion who i believe are all targaryans. sam will be crucial as he will discover how to defeat the others.

jaimie killing cersei will be perfect and fits as well.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #7309
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Even reading the books, my reaction to the high Septon imprisonment (which didn't include Loras, and was to me more illicit), was why would people keep going into that building for stuff. Loras' trial was held in congested room with a single exit watched by religious fanatics, with 3 of 10 most important people in the kingdom jammed in there.

How bout the king demands this be heard in some more neutral place?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 AM   #7310
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
disagree. bran is destined to be the 3 eyed crow, not a dragon rider. the 3 heads will be dany, jon, and tyrion who i believe are all targaryans. sam will be crucial as he will discover how to defeat the others.

jaimie killing cersei will be perfect and fits as well.

I can definitely see Tyrion becoming not only Dany's hand but also one of the dragon riders.

Why do you think Tyrion and Jon are Targaryens? Was Tyrion's mother a Targaryen? You think Jon is Rhaegar/Lyanna's son that Ned hid as his own bastard?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #7311
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Even reading the books, my reaction to the high Septon imprisonment (which didn't include Loras, and was to me more illicit), was why would people keep going into that building for stuff. Loras' trial was held in congested room with a single exit watched by religious fanatics, with 3 of 10 most important people in the kingdom jammed in there.

How bout the king demands this be heard in some more neutral place?

What king? Cersei was the king & queen. She is done. Tommen wasn't doing anything that a king ought to do.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #7312
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
I can definitely see Tyrion becoming not only Dany's hand but also one of the dragon riders.

Why do you think Tyrion and Jon are Targaryens? Was Tyrion's mother a Targaryen? You think Jon is Rhaegar/Lyanna's son that Ned hid as his own bastard?
the theories are in white:

jon is really rhaegar/lyanna's son and tyrion's mom was raped by the mad king after he sent tywin away and tyrion is the result. it's mentioned more in the books but aerys was obsessed with tywin's wife and it is suggested that tywin always suspected but didn't know for sure what went down. that's part of the reason why tywin hated tyrion and gives new meaning to tywin saying "you're no son of mine" before tyrion killed him. also, in the books one of tyrion's eyes are violet and his hair was a lighter shade of blond (targaryan colors)
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #7313
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Arianne Martell finally had a decent scene this episode
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:59 AM   #7314
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Yes, it would be seen as attacking god by the people of the city.

They have gone beyond book 5 already so I'm not sure what will go down next. There is no attack force to attack the city so it will rip apart from the inside.

Remember, Little Finger is back in town, and he is in danger of his secret getting out of him being the mastermind behind Joffrey's murder. He will do something to get Loras/Margaery out. Cersei is not getting out of prison though. Little Finger will make sure of that.

Yup. And to add to that, the Sparrow actually spent time with the people. Help the poor on some things that Cersei considered to be mundane and mad. And as the Sparrow hinted at Olenna, the few (rich and royalty) don't have a connection to the common folk. They are used to playing politics and looking at for their own that they ignore the common folks.

The only person who made an attempt was Margaery. She walked with the ppl, help them in the time of need. She didn't have to do too much either, and the ppl loved her. The Sparrow is doing something similar, but also in the name of the religion. So, if the King were to take out the Sparrow, the Pope in GoT, then things aren't going to be good in the future for him.

He could've handle this quickly earlier, but it's too late now. Sh!t got complicated.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:12 AM   #7315
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Thought I was the only one happy to see Ghost
Ghost was badass, that scene was the highlight of the episode for me apart from that boobs/prison scene which is on another level
Sam owes him big time...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 AM   #7316
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Cersei. Everyone hated that bitch. But, most are going to miss her when she's gone.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: