Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: Cleveland represent

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy
    all you punks trying to talk smack about cleveland, thinking you are all that living in some megapolis (prolly way out in the exburbs) talking chit about a place you've probably never been, and would probably like if you ever did.

the worst part about NY, LA, and miami are the residents thinking ignorantly that nothing else is happening anywhere else. that they are the center of all action. that might have been true before the 90's, but the internet leveled things out, and besides your social life is made by you, not by the city you live in. i've known plenty of sorry fuggs from LA and New York.

i have been in 30+ US states over the last 5 years, and spent time (usually partying) in more cities than I could list. If you think a place like Cleveland has nothing to offer most folks you are ignorant, or completely define yourself by externals. Look up cost of living, quality of life, entertainment and cultural options, parks, nature, services, local talent -- I can proudly stick up for Cleveland. Oh yeah, and our basketball team is better than yours, how's that feel?

I love New York for what it is, the biggest slice of US metro we have. I can enjoy some bikini girls on south beach or a cruise through the hollywood hills, but the rest of it is very much overrated to me. If i wanted to get a huge upgrade from Cleveland I'd have to get out of the USA as far as I'm concerned.

(disclosure -- there's a foot of snow out and i'm freezing my azz off - inside - and i can still type this).
    Cleveland.

High School Varsity 6th Man

all you punks trying to talk smack about cleveland, thinking you are all that living in some megapolis (prolly way out in the exburbs) talking chit about a place you've probably never been, and would probably like if you ever did.

the worst part about NY, LA, and miami are the residents thinking ignorantly that nothing else is happening anywhere else. that they are the center of all action. that might have been true before the 90's, but the internet leveled things out, and besides your social life is made by you, not by the city you live in. i've known plenty of sorry fuggs from LA and New York.

i have been in 30+ US states over the last 5 years, and spent time (usually partying) in more cities than I could list. If you think a place like Cleveland has nothing to offer most folks you are ignorant, or completely define yourself by externals. Look up cost of living, quality of life, entertainment and cultural options, parks, nature, services, local talent -- I can proudly stick up for Cleveland. Oh yeah, and our basketball team is better than yours, how's that feel?

I love New York for what it is, the biggest slice of US metro we have. I can enjoy some bikini girls on south beach or a cruise through the hollywood hills, but the rest of it is very much overrated to me. If i wanted to get a huge upgrade from Cleveland I'd have to get out of the USA as far as I'm concerned.

(disclosure -- there's a foot of snow out and i'm freezing my azz off - inside - and i can still type this).
    Tell me why you mad though.

good for you.

Default Re: Source: Amare Doesn't Want To Play In Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't understand why the Heat would not want to involve Beasley in a trade for Stat. They must be seeing something that I am not. Don't get me wrong... Beasley has skill and he could become an impact player in this league down the road, but I'll be surprised (shocked) if he is ever as good as Stoudemire. If the Heat acquired Stat, not only would he almost certainly sign an extension in a city that he loves, but that would likely be enough to show DWade that they are serious about building a contender around him.

I don't know what they are thinking if the only thing holding back a deal is Beasley. Do they have expirers equal to the relief that Big Z would offer?
    why would miami want to include beasely when all the cavs are giving up is big z and jj hickson?

High School Varsity 6th Man

FoxSportsRadio says the deal is dead, Cleveland pulled the offer since PHX was taking too long.
    Take it for what it's worth

Got it on a Cavs board

Quote Originally Posted by GollyImSoGully
    Take it for what it's worth

Got it on a Cavs board
    Deals are dead until they are not dead. Until Amare goes somewhere, the deal is possible. (I never thought it would happen and still don't, but if you DID think it was happening, this should not dissuade you.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    If the deal doesn't happen, it won't be the end of the world for Cavs' fans. We will still have the team with the best record in the league and we will still likely make a different move to improve the team. If it does happen, great.
    Oh, exactly... that's why there's no need to gloat or say I told you so.

But I've noticed a trend in this topic especially of people quick to dispell the source of the OP even before the Amare tweet "just because Brian Windhorst said otherwise", as though he's some all inclusive iron clad source. That's why the only thing I want out of the outcome is for that nonsense to stop. I need you guys to admit that those clowns are biased, and unreliable.

I don't know why you are getting so emotionally involved in this particular trade. I mean... I know why I have emotional investment, being that it could have significant impact on -- not just this season -- but the future of the Cavaliers' organization. The fact that you have been so bent out of shape throughout these discussions is more of a mystery.
    Bent out of shape? I've been the most whimsical and easy going about this whole thing more than anyone in this thread. What are you talking about?

While people seem to be getting angry and annoyed at the idea of this trade saying "I can't believe Kerr is this dumb!!!" etc... I knew from the moment this rumor popped up it had no chance of going down. I don't have any insider source or anything, I just used the facts, and used common sense, and people seem to get mad.
    Last edited by beasted86; 02-16-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86

But I've noticed a trend in this topic especially of people quick to dispell the source of the OP even before the Amare tweet "just because Brian Windhorst said otherwise", as though he's some all inclusive iron clad source. That's why the only thing I want out of the outcome is for that nonsense to stop. I need you guys to admit that those clowns are biased, and unreliable.
    it's not even bias, it's just home town perspective. someone whose career would be made 10 times better by the cavs getting a player and who cav fans love is going to be more optimistic about a trade occuring than someone who doesn't benefit. if people are going to trust their home town guys more, then you are always going to get a more optimistic view (unless you live in NY and the beat guys spent years with Isiah and Dolan and hate the Knicks with a passion, so it's the opposite).

For example, a disinterested viewpoint...

Aron (Jacksonville, FL)

Please enlighten me as to why the Suns would want to trade Amare for J.J. Hickson and cap relief. Hickson's production is nothing special, and Lebron makes him look better than he really is (which is true of everybody on the Cavs). Are the Suns this desperate? Surely not...

Chad Ford (1:07 PM)

I've been wondering the same thing. Especially since we know Miami is in the mix. The best the Cavs can offer right now is Hickson plus their first round pick (which should be about No. 29 or No. 30). The Heat can offer the same cap relief as the Cavs plus they have Michael Beasley and they have two mid first round picks. How is that not a better deal for Phoenix? Even if they don't want Beasley, two first round picks from Miami is a better deal than Hickson. That's why I'm skeptical Cleveland makes this happen unless Steve Kerr is more interested in just helping out a friend or he's still bitter about the whole Shaq deal two February's ago.
    Last edited by niko; 02-16-2010 at 02:10 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    it's not even bias, it's just home town perspective. someone whose career would be made 10 times better by the cavs getting a player and who cav fans love is going to be more optimistic about a trade occuring than someone who doesn't benefit. if people are going to trust their home town guys more, then you are always going to get a more optimistic view (unless you live in NY and the beat guys spent years with Isiah and Dolan and hate the Knicks with a passion, so it's the opposite).

For example, a disinterested viewpoint...

Aron (Jacksonville, FL)

Please enlighten me as to why the Suns would want to trade Amare for J.J. Hickson and cap relief. Hickson's production is nothing special, and Lebron makes him look better than he really is (which is true of everybody on the Cavs). Are the Suns this desperate? Surely not...

Chad Ford (1:07 PM)

I've been wondering the same thing. Especially since we know Miami is in the mix. The best the Cavs can offer right now is Hickson plus their first round pick (which should be about No. 29 or No. 30). The Heat can offer the same cap relief as the Cavs plus they have Michael Beasley and they have two mid first round picks. How is that not a better deal for Phoenix? Even if they don't want Beasley, two first round picks from Miami is a better deal than Hickson. That's why I'm skeptical Cleveland makes this happen unless Steve Kerr is more interested in just helping out a friend or he's still bitter about the whole Shaq deal two February's ago.

Chad Ford is a Jackarse..if Mia has the better deal for Phe they should pull trigger than..Should be interesting to see if Amare plays tonight for Suns..

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Bent out of shape? I've been the most whimsical and easy going about this whole thing more than anyone in this thread. What are you talking about?

While people seem to be getting angry and annoyed at the idea of this trade saying "I can't believe Kerr is this dumb!!!" etc... I knew from the moment this rumor popped up it had no chance of going down. I don't have any insider source or anything, I just used the facts, and used common sense, and people seem to get mad.

So U think Amare ends up in MIa and not Cleveland ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball

So U think Amare ends up in MIa and not Cleveland ?
    And unsurprisingly, that's what every guy asks or says when I say it.

No, for maybe the 30th time I've posted this:
    Nobody is getting Stoudemire for a scrub player + late first rounder. They are going to get legit talent one way or another, or just let him expire and try to re-sign him.

Since Miami is not offering Wade or Beasley, they likely will not get him. You don't trade an expirer for worse expirers and late first rounders. This is pretty much common sense but many people seem to let themselves be driven by the hype and become media puppets for bad rumors.

I knew from the moment this rumor popped up it had no chance of going down. I don't have any insider source or anything, I just used the facts, and used common sense, and people seem to get mad.
    Yeah I don't think it's a realistic trade either. But I also didn't think we could get Mo Williams for Joe Smith and Damon Jones. Or Shaq for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Can SOMETHING, anything, happen already so Indy can move on to other options?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Can SOMETHING, anything, happen already so Indy can move on to other options?

I just want something to happen for the sheer fact that im not very patient when it comes to all of this. Im DYING to know who is going to make the next move already.