Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Annoying kids calling me dad on the court

So after pullin a few sweet moves at the local outdoor courts on some guys my own age, now I get the occasional random young teen sayin shit like "hey dad, what time are we having dinner tonight." Or "yep, that's my dad."

Our outdoor courts tend to have people playing ages 15-40.

They do this in an attempt to get recognition from their friends. Probably don't even know who their real father is. Last thing I need is my wife hearing some shit like this or child services at my door. It doesn't help that the older guys raise questions like "oh, that skinny little Asian kid your kid? (I'm not Asian) "Is he on the school team?" and shit like that.

Anyone else have this problem with the local teens trying to be the cool kid at the park making other kids think that your their dad because you be bustin them ankles at the courts?

Before you know it their moms will be at the court baking pies saying shit like "go give this to your father."

Default Re: Annoying kids calling me dad on the court

you are a dad if you use the term "sweet moves"

Learning to shoot layups

Me and my younger brother have done this to our older brother before for kicks and giggles, but I can see how it would get really annoying.

they need a father figure in their lives

are you gonna let them down?

BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    So after pullin a few sweet moves at the local outdoor courts on some guys my own age, now I get the occasional random young teen sayin shit like "hey dad, what time are we having dinner tonight." Or "yep, that's my dad."

They do this in an attempt to get recognition from their friends. Probably don't even know who their real father is. Last thing I need is my wife hearing some shit like this or child services at my door. It doesn't help that the older guys raise questions like "oh, that skinny little Asian kid your kid? (I'm not Asian) "Is he on the school team?" and shit like that.

Anyone else have this problem with the local teens trying to be the cool kid at the park making other kids think that your their dad because you be bustin them ankles at the courts?

Before you know it their moms will be at the court baking pies saying shit like "go give this to your father."

LMAO how old are you? just embrace it

NBA Superstar

This is honestly pretty funny. If this story is truthful, yes, this would be something to embrace.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

You could go on Maury...

National High School Star

Just go with it man, if your wife falls for that shit, you got bigger problems. Child services have real issues to be chasing, they're not gonna worry bout some old dude getting called dad by random kids on the play ground.

I balled with a dude we all called father, which has now lead to calling him father time as dudes old as but still gets the job done at a great rate.

Back to Business

if they call u dad...call them b^tches SON! and then treat them like u would your son...post up aggressively..elbows to the temple of their soft craniums...untie their shoes when they not looking...set hard picks.....flagrant fouls...tell them their mom swallowed their siblings last night.

get in their head!!!!!

Decent playground baller iBandwagon's Avatar

Man, this is what gets to you? I agree, they shouldn't look up to you as a father figure if this makes you come to ISH cryin'.

Any number of 'your mama' jokes seem appropriate in this situation.

This continues to happen.