Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Breaking News: Kawhi's real plan revealed

Adam Kaufman
    @AdamMKaufman

Great point from
    @BobbyMarks42

: If Kawhi Leonard's decision lingers into Sunday, the #Lakers will have to make the Anthony Davis trade first, and will then lose their max cap space slot. #Raptors #Clippers

https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/sta...58900223565829

Default Re: Breaking News: Kawhi's real plan revealed

It won't. I am sure Kawhi and his camp is aware of that fact.

A few people have suggested that they think this might be the case. But it's far fetched.

It doesn't matter.

There's nobody out there worthy of a max slot, and even the guys that are out there that are worth more than minimum contracts are few and far between... like seriously everyone worth more than a minimum contract is basically off the market. There might be like 5 guys or less that aren't minimum level guys that are still on the market, lol.

Him waiting till Sunday essentially doesn't matter at this point. They're either using the max spot on Kawhi or they're not using it.

If he's going to leave them at the altar, they're filling the roster with minimum level players on overpaid contracts.

If he's going to sign with them, they're filling the roster with minimum level players on minimum contracts.

It doesn't matter either way. The only thing that matters is getting him or not, at this juncture.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

earlier in the day my east coast source on ESPN stated Rap's ..

JAlen Rose just came on and said 99% he is a rap on a 2 year deal -

WHICH allows him to get a mega deal at 10 year mark.

Sounds about right.
    Their is a player option in their from what I heard.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    It doesn't matter.

There's nobody out there worthy of a max slot, and even the guys that are out there that are worth more than minimum contracts are few and far between... like seriously everyone worth more than a minimum contract is basically off the market. There might be like 5 guys or less that aren't minimum level guys that are still on the market, lol.

Him waiting till Sunday essentially doesn't matter at this point. They're either using the max spot on Kawhi or they're not using it.

If he's going to leave them at the altar, they're filling the roster with minimum level players on overpaid contracts.

If he's going to sign with them, they're filling the roster with minimum level players on minimum contracts.

It doesn't matter either way. The only thing that matters is getting him or not, at this juncture.

high iq post

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper

Sounds about right.
    I think he ultimately would make much more money in LA, especially with the Lakers. Lakers have a co-owner billion-dollar marketing firm of AEG to sell him, a global brand in Lakers to highlight him, and Lakers have a multi-billion dollar tv deal so very deep pockets to build team around Kawhi. Huge endorsements will be thrown at him in LA market as well. He also probably will have a well-paid job open for him as a Lakers ambassador if he wants post-retirement. Lakers historically have taken care of their players.

Yeah, Raptors' max may be ~$10-12mil more each year than Lakers' max, but they don't have a global outreach anywhere on the Lakers scale. If we are talking strictly money, Toronto has no chance. Toronto has higher taxes too afaik. Los Angeles can make that difference easily with endorsements and global brand.

Ultimately, Toronto can throw $220mil/5yrs deal at him like Warriors did with KD, and it pales in comparison to what he would get in LA market when you consider contract/endorsements/whole package.
    Last edited by bladefd; 07-04-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think he ultimately would make much more money in LA, especially with the Lakers. Lakers have a co-owner billion-dollar marketing firm of AEG to sell him, a global brand in Lakers to highlight him, and Lakers have a multi-billion dollar tv deal so very deep pockets to build team around Kawhi. Huge endorsements will be thrown at him in LA market as well. He also probably will have a well-paid job open for him as a Lakers ambassador if he wants post-retirement. Lakers historically have taken care of their players.

Yeah, Raptors' max may be ~$10-12mil more each year than Lakers' max, but they don't have a global outreach anywhere on the Lakers scale. If we are talking strictly money, Toronto has no chance. Toronto has higher taxes too afaik. Los Angeles can make that difference easily with endorsements and global brand.

Ultimately, Toronto can throw $220mil/5yrs deal at him like Warriors did with KD, and it pales in comparison to what he would get in LA market when you consider contract/endorsements/whole package.
    I dont think money is even an issue Kawhi. He walked away from a lot of cash when he left the Spurs.

If the Lakers didnt have LeBron, I think Kawhi would have been a Laker already. Their personalities just dont mix. LeBron loves attention, loves the drama. Kawhi is the total opposite of that. Imagine Kawhi in the change room with LeBron. He'll probably be rolling his eyes all season long.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    I dont think money is even an issue Kawhi. He walked away from a lot of cash when he left the Spurs.

If the Lakers didnt have LeBron, I think Kawhi would have been a Laker already. Their personalities just dont mix. LeBron loves attention, loves the drama. Kawhi is the total opposite of that. Imagine Kawhi in the change room with LeBron. He'll probably be rolling his eyes all season long.
    100000% this.

Ditto for Paul George.

He's coming to L.A. AFTER LeBron leaves...which is smart af.

So Kawhi is playing 4D chess?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper

Sounds about right.
    Sounds like a great plan. So in 2021 he will be ready to sign with the lakers for the 10 yr deal...

NBA All-star

as stated, the longer he waits, the less trades will impact his competitive record during his next contract

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    100000% this.

Ditto for Paul George.

He's coming to L.A. AFTER LeBron leaves...which is smart af.
    Lakers fans just don't want to admit Paul George would rather play with Westbrook than LeBron.