Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: WOJ: Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul

This should prove to be an amusing disaster.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    What the **** are you talking about?

The haul they got for Paul George was probably twice as much as you'd get under normal circumstances.

SGA is going to be really good...Gallo is worth a first round pick to contending teams...and then they got all those other picks?

That was literally the exact opposite of what you are saying.

It was a once in a lifetime trade opportunity...
    Yeah, they pretty much made the Clippers pay for George AND Kawhi. I personally thought just Shai GA and expiring Gallinari would've been a fair trade for George. But Clips were desperate. Easiest GM decision ever for Presti...it gave him an excuse to get out of the mess he created.

Anyone else realize how insane it is that Houston now has 2 of the last 3 MVP's and they're getting clowned for it I can't imagine another scenario like that in sports history

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I can't get over this trade for the Thunder.

They got two lightly protected first round picks way out in the future and two pick swaps...

And took on a better contract on a player that might be easier to trade than Russ was.

If OKC is willing to take on some money back, which they should be now assuming Gallo is moving on, they can flip Paul for positive value.

Just remarkable what Presti has done...

Very good NBA starter

OKCs 30 for 30 is going to be epic

Hopefully we can scoop cp3 up off the buyout market come febuary for cheap

The haul they got for Paul George was probably twice as much as you'd get under normal circumstances.

SGA is going to be really good...Gallo is worth a first round pick to contending teams...and then they got all those other picks?

It was an amazing trade for the Thunder, people dont understand that it's better to lose and have a huge stash of picks rather than be stuck in mediocrity.

I can't get over this trade for the Thunder.

They got two lightly protected first round picks way out in the future and two pick swaps...

And took on a better contract on a player that might be easier to trade than Russ was.

If OKC is willing to take on some money back, which they should be now assuming Gallo is moving on, they can flip Paul for positive value.

Just remarkable what Presti has done...
    i agree but idk about paul being easier to trade. It seems like all they'll get for paul is bad contract+asset like wiggins+well protected first rounder or wall+well protected first rounder. It's perfect for rebuilding and more than I thought they would get however. Most of the team subreddit rumored for westbrooks did not want to give up more than 2 assets along with their bad contracts, usually a pick+young guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    It was an amazing trade for the Thunder, people dont understand that it's better to lose and have a huge stash of picks rather than be stuck in mediocrity.
    Presti took a hard capped treadmill team and is now oozing with potential and a million pick s

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

I get you have peak Harden and want to make the most of it, but this is flat out idiotic

Morey knows damn well they are barely top 5 in the west. He is making moves for the sake of it now. Those pick are post Harden and WILL matter.

Presti made out like a bandit.

NBA lottery pick

I rather have traded for actual basketball players. Shai Gili is promising but those draft picks don

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    i agree but idk about paul being easier to trade. It seems like all they'll get for paul is bad contract+asset like wiggins+well protected first rounder or wall+well protected first rounder. It's perfect for rebuilding and more than I thought they would get however. Most of the team subreddit rumored for westbrooks did not want to give up more than 2 assets along with their bad contracts, usually a pick+young guy.
    I don't mean "easier" in the sense that they'll get more for him...they won't.

But not having that 4th year if they are willing to take back some bad money, which they absolutely should be...should get them at least one lightly protected pick.

And when you combine that with what they'll get for Gallo...and the fact that they already have SGA...this is just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

I was thinking the same thing...but then you look at a team like Miami and it doesnt seem so unrealistic.

Goran Dragic 19m expiring deal, James Johnson 15m this year 16m next, Dion 10m+, olynyk 10m+, Winslow 13m per...

They can and definitely will be motivated to get a deal done. And that's just one team.

I don't mean "easier" in the sense that they'll get more for him...they won't.

But not having that 4th year if they are willing to take back some bad money, which they absolutely should be...should get them at least one lightly protected pick.

And when you combine that with what they'll get for Gallo...and the fact that they already have SGA...this is just nuts.
    presti is one of the better drafters too. OKC fans should be excited unless they're dying in 5 years