Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: All the ideas about how to fix free agency seem clearly flawed to me other than one.

You have to remove max contracts. That's the only real problem with the current system.

You can form superteams because you can strip the roster bare and get 3 of them and fill out the rest with vets. Boom instant contender.

You remove the max salary and all of a sudden players are being paid what they should be.

If LeBron wants to have his superteams he better be willing to take tens of millions less per year than what he would make otherwise.

If he does that at least it's commendable in a way. Like Brady taking way less than he's worth with the Pats.

You gotta remove the situations like the Conley's of the league being paid more than Kawhi Leonard will make next year. Isn't Conley making 40+ million for the next couple seasons?

Remove the max, let them sign for however much they can negotiate for.

Default Re: All the ideas about how to fix free agency seem clearly flawed to me other than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    You have to remove max contracts. That's the only real problem with the current system.

You can form superteams because you can strip the roster bare and get 3 of them and fill out the rest with vets. Boom instant contender.

You remove the max salary and all of a sudden players are being paid what they should be.

If LeBron wants to have his superteams he better be willing to take tens of millions less per year than what he would make otherwise.

If he does that at least it's commendable in a way. Like Brady taking way less than he's worth with the Pats.

You gotta remove the situations like the Conley's of the league being paid more than Kawhi Leonard will make next year. Isn't Conley making 40+ million for the next couple seasons?

I dunno about this. It seems like it will lead to unintended consequences. Like the league's biggest stars will rot in small market teams while being paid $100M and never winning a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Michael Jordan's career absolutely confused the media and the fan base into thinking that he primarily did it alone.

It's Barkley's and Malone's career that made the late '00 Celtics & the Heatles. Not Jordan's.

Players don't want to be either of them. Of course Lebron was and will also be compared to MJ, but KD, KG and the likes? They're in the Barkley territory and rings are the seperator.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I dunno about this. It seems like it will lead to unintended consequences. Like the league's biggest stars will rot in small market teams while being paid $100M and never winning a championship.

Yea it just results in a lot of great players having terrible careers while even the supposed "real" fans rank them as chokers and empty stat losers because they lost with teams that shouldnt have won. The years where guys are content to lose forever and make money are over. Guys play to win now. They will lose out on a few million and piss off some fans who dont actually care about them just to not end up on a "Best to never...." list ranked under guys who happened to land next to other stars.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Lol. League will become much more interesting; all those teams would SUCK on another level.
    Do you think Dallas will suck this season?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    They had essentially that...it was called the Amnesty Clause.
    I know, but it was a 1-time deal though. Not every 3 years or something

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine

Conley is closer to 30. Was a lot when he signed it. Not so much now

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    It's Barkley's and Malone's career that made the late '00 Celtics & the Heatles. Not Jordan's.

Players don't want to be either of them. Of course Lebron was and will also be compared to MJ, but KD, KG and the likes? They're in the Barkley territory and rings are the seperator.
    Bran was easily on that list before he won his first chip due to forming a superteam. I remember him getting Elgin Baylor talks before the 2012 chip. Even with superteams for all of his rangs, he could still easily be 1/9 or even 0/9 depending on a couple of bounces/ref calls. Without superteams? I have a feeling he retires ringless.