Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #76
Niquesports
Good college starter

Default Re: The GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
what you are saying is basically playn right into my hands. first, bird was never the post player that jordan was, i think that you are the only person that would say that.
second, if jabarr would come over to help, longly has the jumper to make him pay. and ive never known worthy to be a help defender much less helping on jordan which would leave pippen open.

neither green, rambis, or thompson have the footspeed to match kukoc on the peremeter, and cooper would get burned by him in the post. brian williams was never injured, he retired abruptly in 99 after changing his name to bison dele. i do think he had a problem mentally, but when he was right he was a very good center, a 17 9 guy with the clippers then he was in a contract dispute with them which is why he only played 9 games with bulls in 97.he never really got much burn in orlando or denver because he was playing behind two hof centers in shaq amd mutombo.

and as far as rebounding the bulls were a better rebounding team than the lakers.

Many times people just post things without knowing the facts. Yet they want to support there argument with guessing. Lets look at it

Bulls 95 Playoffs Reb avg.
Jordan 5
Pippen 8
Kukoc 4
Harper 3
Longley 2
Rodman 13
Kerr 1
Wellington 2
Thats an avg for the main players on the team of like 4.7 agame

1987 lakers

Worthy 6
Magic 8
Jabbar 7
Scott 3
Cooper 3
Green 8
Thompson 5
Rambis 4
Thats an avg of about 5.5
Advantage lakers
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #77
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
also nique i notice you always leave out kukoc when talkng about matchups. how can you leave out a guy that does 15 4 4 of the bench is 6'11 can play all 5 positions shoot the three was clutch, an excellent ballhandler,passer,shooter,could run the offense, and when he got his chance to be the man was an about a 19 6 6 guy?

Well in the playoofs in 95-96 he was a 10 and 4 player I question if Riley would have spent much time focusing on him. again Scott or Cooper or Worthy would do fine against a Jump shootiing soft 6'11 whimp
Old 02-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #78
AznBBoyX
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports
Many times people just post things without knowing the facts. Yet they want to support there argument with guessing. Lets look at it

Bulls 95 Playoffs Reb avg.
Jordan 5
Pippen 8
Kukoc 4
Harper 3
Longley 2
Rodman 13
Kerr 1
Wellington 2
Thats an avg for the main players on the team of like 4.7 agame

1987 lakers

Worthy 6
Magic 8
Jabbar 7
Scott 3
Cooper 3
Green 8
Thompson 5
Rambis 4
Thats an avg of about 5.5
Advantage lakers

Again, faster tempos generate more shots and rebounds.
AznBBoyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #79
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
this is another thing i dont understand about laker fans, sometimes it seems as if if the bulls had lost a couple of those championships that this would give more credence to the chips they did win. another thing that you have to realize, is that the lakers played in a very weak western conference in the 80 if they were in the east with doc and bird they would not have went to the campionship all those time. and if bird or docs or jordans teams were in the west at that time hey would have won more titles than they won. and we do know what the bulls were when they won 55 games in the tougher eastern conference. and probably should have made it back to the final had it no been for a questionable call. and as far age im 34 and i was born and live in LA so i think i know what im talkn about.

i remember the lakers losing to teams they had no business losing to and teams taking them to seven games that probably shouldnt have been in the playoffs.

Are you talking about teams like the Soncis Magic Knicks and Hea t that the Bulls beat in 95 oh man what great comp.

In 87 The lakers had to beat Denver Goldne State Soncis and then Boston

Edge Lakers much harder teams.

Again the point is THe Bulls and MJ never met a team whose superstar was just as big a big game player as MJ Magic did several times and won. The question is could the Bulls have
Old 02-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #80
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23
it was pretty close..... they would routinely hit fade away shots over double and even sometimes triple teams, not to mention they had several go to moves and would just toy with the defense... but IMO Jordan's athleticism gave him an advantage in the post which Bird did not have...

Why am I wasting my time Jordan would everynow and then post up a smaller player or a player in fould trouble Bird being a forward spent a lot more time in the post and IMO was a better passer in the post.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #81
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBBoyX
I would take MJ in the post. It seems like you forget how good Jordan is in the post. He is known for his exceptional postplay unlike Bird. Also you can't straight up compare Jabbar's 19 points. The Laker's run and gun and the points are inflated due to their style of play (much like the suns). Against a disciplined team like the Bulls, their fastbreaks would definitely be limited.

Would you say the Celtics were a discipline team that could rebound ?
Because they did it agains them
Old 02-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #82
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Again, faster tempos generate more shots and rebounds.

But thats what made the lakers so great when needed they could go half court and that when Jabbar would get his 19 pts
Old 02-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #83
iamgine

Quote:
I cant help but wonder if you ever saw the Showtime lakers if anything they had more options .

Rodman didnt shoot if he had the ball in the lane and the nearest player was out buying pop corn. Neither of the centers was capable of getting more than 6 points and Ron Harper was good for maybe 10. That laker team any of the 5 could go for 20 on a given night. As I have said if you go to the match ups its clear its not close. And they never lost "THE WAR" it was called a conflict. And that explains the outcome

I wish someone would look past matchups and actually learn how the triangle offense was designed. Actually, one of the reason these centers/other players doesn't score more is their rotation (other than MJ taking all their points). each player only average 20+ minutes except for MJ, Pippen, Rodman. Harper, given the minutes could score 20+ any night like he did with another team. Same case for some other players. Deepness wise, the bulls were really underrated.

And I don't think you understand the magnitude of the Bulls defense on that year. As people have mentioned, it was crazy tight, no exaggeration. As I understand it, their defense was better than the Lakers.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #84
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
I wish someone would look past matchups and actually learn how the triangle offense was designed. Actually, one of the reason these centers/other players doesn't score more is their rotation (other than MJ taking all their points). each player only average 20+ minutes except for MJ, Pippen, Rodman. Harper, given the minutes could score 20+ any night like he did with another team. Same case for some other players. Deepness wise, the bulls were really underrated.

And I don't think you understand the magnitude of the Bulls defense on that year. As people have mentioned, it was crazy tight, no exaggeration. As I understand it, their defense was better than the Lakers.

Ron Harper scoring 20 a night not after his injury slowed him down.The triagle offense open the floor for MJ<Pippen and Kukco it worked really well against smaller slower teams like Boston,Pistons, and Knicks and Latter Jazz but the Lakers could match the bulls in speed size and ability it would not worked as well agaisnt the Lakers.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #85
iamgine

Quote:
Ron Harper scoring 20 a night not after his injury slowed him down.The triagle offense open the floor for MJ<Pippen and Kukco it worked really well against smaller slower teams like Boston,Pistons, and Knicks and Latter Jazz but the Lakers could match the bulls in speed size and ability it would not worked as well agaisnt the Lakers.
ok now you're just posting nonsense

Not worked as well, but still work i suppose?

plus the defense

plus the extra possesions

Plus MJ being slightly better than Magic

I'd still take Bulls, on that particular year only though.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #86
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Well in the playoofs in 95-96 he was a 10 and 4 player I question if Riley would have spent much time focusing on him. again Scott or Cooper or Worthy would do fine against a Jump shootiing soft 6'11 whimp

i think that your going solely of stats. i look at the whole body of work. its just like me saying that the bulls are the best team because they have the 1st and 2nd best records in basketball history. and by that definition, they are.

and i dont know what he has done to be a whimp but i do know that he was a damn good basketball player. in fact he was the best player in europe at the time and is very respected by his peers. if you remember he held his own against the 92 dream team in barcelona. and is a favorite of eoropean players of today like gasol, nowitski, and bogut.
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #87
AznBBoyX
I usually hit open layups

Quote:

plus the defense

I wouldn't say it's nonsense. After all, this is a dream match up and we could only come up with conjectures as to what would happen. Thank you Niquesports for providing some points of consideration for the Lakers. I would just like to add that the 85-86 Lakers were 1st on Offense and 7th in Defense that year and the Bulls were 1st in both categories in 95-96. It is that defense that puts the Bulls over the Lakers in MY book.
AznBBoyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #88
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:

plus the defense

But it can't be 1 sided you cant say the Bulls will slow down the lakers and there offense will still work like the lakers are just gonna play dead. The same can be said for the lakers the break might get slowed down but still effective.
plus the rebounding
plus the deeper scoring options
Plus MJ is the better all around player providing his team with more production
Old 02-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #89
97 bulls
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Are you talking about teams like the Soncis Magic Knicks and Hea t that the Bulls beat in 95 oh man what great comp.

In 87 The lakers had to beat Denver Goldne State Soncis and then Boston

Edge Lakers much harder teams.

Again the point is THe Bulls and MJ never met a team whose superstar was just as big a big game player as MJ Magic did several times and won. The question is could the Bulls have
this is the most rediculous statement youve said, the sonics that year were 39-43 the nuggets were 37-45 golden state were 42-40. then they played a hurt boston team. oh yeah, they had a tough road.

meanwhile the bulls in 97 played washington44-38, atl56-28, heat61-21, and utah 64-18.
now who had a tougher road?
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #90
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's nonsense. After all, this is a dream match up and we could only come up with conjectures as to what would happen. Thank you Niquesports for providing some points of consideration for the Lakers. I would just like to add that the 85-86 Lakers were 1st on Offense and 7th in Defense that year and the Bulls were 1st in both categories in 95-96. It is that defense that puts the Bulls over the Lakers in MY book.

But we must add into that the Bulls didnt have a Celtic ,Pistons Sixer teams in 95 Also they didnt have to face a team that had 3 top 50 players still productive. YOu look at the teams the Bulls beat to win there title 1 very good player on each team and the rest good players. The Lakers won the title beating a team with 3 top 50 players 2 times
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: