Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: Celtics is the 8th seed atm

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    I'm happy that the team keeps improving. Brad Stevens is a damn good coach to do what he has done with this squad.

If they make it to the playoffs, I definitely think they'll be one of the most difficult first round match ups. They'll make the Hawks earn it for sure.
    Haha. Good on them for making it to the playoffs. Really. But lets not act like they won't be the easiest first round out of all 16 playoff teams.

1st round fodder, give it to the Pacers.

We offloaded Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green.

We got back Jae Crowder, Jonas Jerebko, Luigi Datome and Isaiah Thomas.

We got markedly better.

The point? Tanking is no longer an option because Danny and Brad have figured out how to get the guys who we need to keep improving. We can draft in the middle of the first round and I'm confident that we'd pick a solid guy.

That we have a shot at finishing near .500 in year 2 of a total rebuild...is friggin' amazing. We're a long way off from #18, but I'm more confident now that we'll get there sooner rather than later.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    We offloaded Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green.

We got back Jae Crowder, Jonas Jerebko, Luigi Datome and Isaiah Thomas.

We got markedly better.

The point? Tanking is no longer an option because Danny and Brad have figured out how to get the guys who we need to keep improving. We can draft in the middle of the first round and I'm confident that we'd pick a solid guy.

That we have a shot at finishing near .500 in year 2 of a total rebuild...is friggin' amazing. We're a long way off from #18, but I'm more confident now that we'll get there sooner rather than later.
    Plus, you guys got 2 firsts and I think what likely will be 3 seconds for trade bait. I think you guys will be super aggressive this summer in the trade market. Ainge, I think, is gonna go after Boogie this summer, and for DMC's sake, I hope he gets out of SAC. Not sure if BOS fans want him/his baggage, but he's the next star to get moved imo.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Plus, you guys got 2 firsts and I think what likely will be 3 seconds for trade bait. I think you guys will be super aggressive this summer in the trade market. Ainge, I think, is gonna go after Boogie this summer, and for DMC's sake, I hope he gets out of SAC. Not sure if BOS fans want him/his baggage, but he's the next star to get moved imo.
    Boogie in Boston might actually make me cream my pants.

Stevens seems like he commands respect from his players, which is exactly what you need to get the most out of someone like DMC.