Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Banned

Default Re: Greg Oden done for the year...again

He was my fantasy team's secret weapon. Oh well.

I really feel sorry for the guy, I'm hoping that the Celtics can somehow land him for peanuts. I really think he still has a bright career ahead of him. He's still young, and his game isn't that reliant on athleticism.

If there's one guy I want to really succeed, It's Oden. He has had terrible luck, and I just hope he's not becoming too depressed.

Banned

worst lluck this guy has

We always talk about how different the world would be if Portland had drafted Durant, but never mention how that'd leave Thunder with Oden. Where would they be with this guy right now?

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    We always talk about how different the world would be if Portland had drafted Durant, but never mention how that'd leave Thunder with Oden. Where would they be with this guy right now?
    Oden would be the best center in the league right now if the Thunder drafted him. It's the Blazer injury curse that has ruined his career.

I usually hit open layups

Lots of revisionist history going on here...

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by stpwned
    This is definitely the end of his career. Just last week reports came out saying oden was lazy and unmotivated when it came to conditioning and commitment to the game. blazers trainers said "when we give him 5 things to do, he'll do 3 of them." He came in to my work recently scoping out skanky ******* and appeared to be drunk. I don't feel very bad for the guy, but I think everyone has to feel for the bad luck the blazers have had in recent years.

So since the Trailblazers(in hindsight) have made a huge mistake in drafting him they now try to slander this guy by questiong his work ethic. Pathetic.

Maybe the guys knee was bothering him & he found it difficult to rehab recently.

He is 22 there are like 10 years of hope

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    You've always been a f*cking idiot condescending troll of this board. You talk like you know it all, and you don't know sh*t. You said Derrick Rose would be a bust. Seriously? Derrick Rose is a superstar point guard. You're one hell of a scout.
    To quote yourself on ISH "U mad?" because it surely seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    * In sixth grade, Oden underwent surgery to repair his hip . Following the surgery, one leg was then longer than the other, resulting in his unusual gait which is often misstaken for a limp.

* His senior year of high school, Oden underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his wrist , an injury that kept him out until December for his freshman year of college, after which he helped push his team to the NCAA Championship Game, only to fall short.

* During his stint with Ohio State Oden's wrist injury lingered with him throughout the season..
    That proves he was injury prone???

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Right...it's simply revisionist history by people trying to be know-it-alls.

Even more perplexing is that he lists a bunch of incidents which occurred after he was drafted which are supposed to show that the Trailblazers should have known he would be injury pronebefore they drafted him.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    THAT doesn't prove he's injury prone but the predraft medicals did show he'd be susceptible to injury.

Simply put, there were numerous "buyer beware" signs on Greg Oden and the Blazers made the purchase anyway.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan24
    Oden would be the best center in the league right now if the Thunder drafted him. It's the Blazer injury curse that has ruined his career.
    Oh my God, he's right. This is actually probably true.

</Dr. Zoidberg>

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale
    Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin came back pretty well.
    Penny didnt and it stopped him from being a top 10 ATG,Donny Boyce and LeBradford Smiths careers's never got off the ground,google both of these guys,especially Boyce he was a more athletic version of Brandon Roy with lockdown "D".

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

As a person who has battled depression for years, I'm really concerned for this young man and hope he's being surrounded w positive people!!!