Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Rudy Gay is just now as "good/talented" as Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    If Rudy plays with so much better talent (which reduces his stats), then why does Durant's team have a better record?
    Because everyone on the grizzlies is a black hole? and the Thunder play team ball?

do you think before you speak? look at their rosters and try to figure it out...or watch some acutal games?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Because everyone on the grizzlies is a black hole? and the Thunder play team ball?

do you think before you speak? look at their rosters and try to figure it out...or watch some acutal games?
    What you see is deceptive.

OKC: 19.8 ast prg

Memphis: 19.2 ast pr game

Not much difference there.

Decent playground baller

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is simply no evidence to support this.

While Rudy is more athletic than Durant, he rarely uses that athleticism to his advantage in any situation besides dunking.

Durant is used by his team about 10% more, yet goes to the line 200% the rate Rudy Gay does. When he gets to the line, he makes 14% more of his free throws. Durant LEADS THE LEAGUE in free throws made. That right there makes up your 10 point difference in scoring. Drop Durant's usage to 5% more than Rudy Gay, place him on the Grizz and he's still putting up 27+ because he's simply much better at pump-faking the first defender and driving the lane to receive fouls.
    Last edited by AAckley1; 03-28-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    People talk about Durants efficency because of mainly his FT%. He leaves no points on the table. Only a few stars have ever done that in Nba history for as much as he goes to the line. His FG% for as much as everybody talks about how efficient he is, is only 47.7% FG, where Gay's is 47.0% FG.

You put Durant on the Grizzlies he isn't averaging 29.6 ppg don't kid yourself. Durant would only be averaging a max of 23 ppg.
    I love how people make statements like these. It's probably true he wouldn't be averaging 30 points on the Grizz, but to pull a number like 23 out of your ass doesn't make it more believable. Why 23? How would things shake out in your mind? I got a feeling you didn't really bust out your calculator or do any in depth research, you just threw that number out there. WELL, I'm gonna say KD would get 25+.

My ass beats your ass.

-Smak

Please report this and all of his post you find this absurd. They'll either ban people like him or ban us all.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I love how people make statements like these. It's probably true he wouldn't be averaging 30 points on the Grizz, but to pull a number like 23 out of your ass doesn't make it more believable. Why 23? How would things shake out in your mind? I got a feeling you didn't really bust out your calculator or do any in depth research, you just threw that number out there.
    Thank you! Gay and Durant shoot around the same percentage from the field. Durant shoots more, gets to the line an ASS TON more, and shoots a better percentage once he gets there, and this clown says he would only get 3 more points a game than Rudy Gay in the EXACT same system?

Pass the dutchie to the left hand side because I want some of what he's smokin

Quote Originally Posted by AAckley1
    Thank you! Gay and Durant shoot around the same percentage from the field. Durant shoots more, gets to the line an ASS TON more, and shoots a better percentage once he gets there, and this clown says he would only get 3 more points a game than Rudy Gay in the EXACT same system?

Pass the dutchie to the left hand side because I want some of what he's smokin
    His thought process is that Durant wouldn't get to shoot the same amount of shots on Memphis as he does on OKC. Therefore he would get to the line less and take less shots. I'm not going to bust out my calculator either, or even look up the stats because I really don't care very much, but it does make sense that KD wouldn't score as much on Memphis.

Rudy Gay is the truth, but Rudy Gay is not in the same breath as lebron james, kobe bryant...yet. Kevin Durant is. Rudy Gay still hasn't reached his potential but will. He's like Carmelo Anthony in a way. Once he tweeks some things he will be elite status.

If the Nets make a push for Gay we will be a dangerous team. I dont thing Gay and Mayo and co exist.

The Grizzlies are the New Knicks (The Starbury Knicks btw). Lot of chuckers and not enough D. I think what the Grizzlies need is to dump Mayo or Gay and stay with everyone else.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    The Grizzlies are the New Knicks (The Starbury Knicks btw). Lot of chuckers and not enough D. I think what the Grizzlies need is to dump Mayo or Gay and stay with everyone else.

I agree, gay and mayo do too many of the same things that they often take away from each others strengths.

also this thread is ridiculous. ive seen 70+ grizzlies games this year and hate durant with a passion and I still laugh at the thought gay is even close to durant.

Banned

hell no

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe8
    hell no
    Understatement.