Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Kobe's Divorce is going to cost him a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS

I tried to post this in the divorce thread but two idiots were just yelling at one another and its just one more thing going wrong with the Lakers this year. Most of you consider me a Kobe hater. I'm not really, and in this case I am appalled at the beating he is about to take.

My best guess:
    180M up front PLUS ~13M/yr for the next 5 years, diminishing from there.

For those that aren't aware of Cali's punitive history against men in these situations it might be worth looking into. Its not JUST that she is going to get half. She is also going to get spousal support moving forward having been "accustomed to the life" she led since she was in HS. She is also very likely going to get custody of the kids and get absurd amounts of money for child support. She is going to get 180M up front as Kobe's net worth appears to be ~360M. AFTER THAT, she is going to get ~33% of kobe's income. I used this calculator to estimate that between the two kids and spousal support she will get ~13M/yr for a while (assuming ~62% placement, 40M in income for Kobe, 10-13M in outside income seemed a fair estimate)

http://www.cadivorce.com/news/spousa...rt-calculator/

Here is the actual Cali law:

4320. In ordering spousal support under this part, the court shall consider all of the following circumstances:
    (a) The extent to which the earning capacity of each party is sufficient to maintain the standard of living established during the
    marriage, taking into account all of the following:
    (1) The marketable skills of the supported party; the job market for those skills; the time and expenses required for the supported
    party to acquire the appropriate education or training to develop those skills; and the possible need for retraining or education to
    acquire other, more marketable skills or employment.
    (2) The extent to which the supported party's present or future earning capacity is impaired by periods of unemployment that were
    incurred during the marriage to permit the supported party to devote time to domestic duties.
    (b) The extent to which the supported party contributed to the attainment of an education, training, a career position, or a license
    by the supporting party.
    (c) The ability of the supporting party to pay spousal support, taking into account the supporting party's earning capacity, earned
    and unearned income, assets, and standard of living.
    (d) The needs of each party based on the standard of living established during the marriage.
    (e) The obligations and assets, including the separate property, of each party.
    (f) The duration of the marriage.
    (g) The ability of the supported party to engage in gainful employment without unduly interfering with the interests of dependent
    children in the custody of the party.
    (h) The age and health of the parties.
    (i) Documented evidence of any history of domestic violence, as defined in Section 6211, between the parties, including, but not
    limited to, consideration of emotional distress resulting from domestic violence perpetrated against the supported party by the
    supporting party, and consideration of any history of violence against the supporting party by the supported party.
    (j) The immediate and specific tax consequences to each party.
    (k) The balance of the hardships to each party.
    (l) The goal that the supported party shall be self-supporting within a reasonable period of time. Except in the case of a marriage
    of long duration as described in Section 4336, a "reasonable period of time" for purposes of this section generally shall be one-half the
    length of the marriage. However, nothing in this section is intended to limit the court's discretion to order support for a greater or lesser length of time, based on any of the other factors listed in this section, Section 4336, and the circumstances of the parties

Default Re: Kobe's Divorce is going to cost him a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS

Men should never marry......bitches are sick.....

Good thing he's got that fat 30 million dollar contract.... and he's Lord Godbe.

lol @ these laws though. I mean honestly, what makes these c*nts entitled to this kind of money? Bitch probably did NOTHING, yet is going to make out with 180 mil. SMH.

the downfall of many great men are women. history repeats itself again

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger
    But she ain't messin' with no broke n.iggas

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    What makes these c*nts entitled to this kind of money? Bitch probably did NOTHING, yet is going to make out with 180 mil. SMH.

Book 'em Dan'l

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    the downfall of many great men are women. history repeats itself again
    this.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Good thing he's got that fat 30 million dollar contract.... and he's Lord Godbe.

lol @ these laws though. I mean honestly, what makes these c*nts entitled to this kind of money? Bitch probably did NOTHING, yet is going to make out with 180 mil. SMH.
    She sucked his dick

Book 'em Dan'l

so who made it out on top furthur?

vanessa or elin nordegren?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he'd still be richer than most of us losing 99 percent of his wealth

College superstar

I would bet she has never worked a job in her life. Kobe was seeing her when she was in HS. 250M sounds about right.

I don't get how you can get 3M/yr for child support. I mean I'm sure she has 2 nannies and pays them 30k each.

how can you need additional support and child support laws after being given $180 mill?

These laws.

and why its it always the mens that cough up this ridiculous deck of cards. why don't i hear any females doing it?

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Yep. Whores shouldn't be entitled to such amounts.