Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Deal close-Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson for Monta Ellis,Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown

If I'm Milwaukee I'd rather have Curry and if I'm Golden State I'd rather have Monta.

If you have Klay Thompson...He's either a SG who will play SF on a running team, or he's a big SG...and he can actually play defense (wow Golden State).

If you have Curry...you have a SG who can play some point (a little like Ray Allen), but first and foremost an all-time shooter...why do I want him and Klay together?

If I'm Milwaukee I want Curry because his contract is smaller and I have Brandon Jennings (at least for now). Jennings is a PG with a SG's mentality. Monta is a SG who loves to dominate the ball and plays a similar style. Curry is a SG who has played only as a PG in the NBA...but he's a willing passer, plays within the offense. And he's a terrific shooter. He's a much better partner for Jennings than Monta Ellis. And again, he's on his rookie contract and if I'm Milwaukee, then I suck...and I wanna get rid of salary.

Default Re: Deal close-Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson for Monta Ellis,Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown

Damn Bucks got away with rape and armed robbery

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby

The one thing that's tough to get is a legitimate franchise center. Even with Bogut's injury history, this is the right play for GSW.

Banned

WOW NBA TV just confirmed this was agreed to in principle

GS could have done better for Monta

on the bright side maybe Nate gets to start?

Local High School Star

its a good move for the bucks since bogut is never healthy, theyre used to playing without him anyway. bucks are going to make a stong push to stay in that 8th seed, the knicks better get it together.

"Ellis is the best finisher under the rim that can not dunk" - Webber on NBATV

Uhhh, Monta dunks Webber

This trade sucks because its nothing spectacular about it. I cant get up for either team trade.

Damn, Bucks was a possible Amare in case of fire break the glass thing. Jackson bad contract was needed for that to happen.

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: Golden State trades Monta Ellis to Bucks for Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson as part of 5-player deal
    --

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

The one thing that's tough to get is a legitimate franchise center. Even with Bogut's injury history, this is the right play for GSW.
    I agree, this isn't like Oden where he's going down to chronic knee issues he's been out with random broken bones from being knocked over/falling/landing on other players.

I would rather move Curry given his injury issues...

I like the idea of it for GSW, it'd obviously be amazing for them if Bogut is even somewhat healthy... but we all know that's really a long shot for him.

For Milwaukee.... jeez, I guess they could use another guard/scorer, but a Jennings-Ellis backcourt seems kinda redundant. I actually like Udoh so that could help them.

I'm personally scared because the 2nd to last time Milwaukee made a trade like this (not the Jackson trade, I'm talking about the Salmons deal) they went hot as hell to finish the season. I mean it's funny because each of those deals went in complete different directions for Milwaukee... I'd imagine this one be more of in between.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    If I'm Milwaukee I'd rather have Curry and if I'm Golden State I'd rather have Monta.

If you have Klay Thompson...He's either a SG who will play SF on a running team, or he's a big SG...and he can actually play defense (wow Golden State).

If you have Curry...you have a SG who can play some point (a little like Ray Allen), but first and foremost an all-time shooter...why do I want him and Klay together?

If I'm Milwaukee I want Curry because his contract is smaller and I have Brandon Jennings (at least for now). Jennings is a PG with a SG's mentality. Monta is a SG who loves to dominate the ball and plays a similar style. Curry is a SG who has played only as a PG in the NBA...but he's a willing passer, plays within the offense. And he's a terrific shooter. He's a much better partner for Jennings than Monta Ellis. And again, he's on his rookie contract and if I'm Milwaukee, then I suck...and I wanna get rid of salary.
    They trade away a guy with a broken ankle for a guy that's looking like another Grant Hill tragedy?

Monta and Jennings backcourt?

Will anyone else touch the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    golden state gets bogut, they get rid of one of two monta/curry

if curry comes back healthy, good for GSW

this would have been even better for golden state if they have gave curry instead, looks like they really believe in him

Default Re: Deal clos-Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    what a shitty trade for the Bucks. Thought Bogut has more value than that.
    What the hell makes you think that? Bogut is a very good defensive big in the NBA. He's also not that great offensively, picks up injuries every other game and he'll probably never return to his prime form.

Meanwhile Monta Ellis is a guy who can get you 20+ points per game every night no questions asked and carry the entire offense night in night out. He's not a superstar or anything, but he's easily on Bogut's level, even when Bogut is healthy.