Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default I think the Knicks could rip through the East

Maybe the whole league.

I've gone on record by saying on paper, they are the most dynamic roster in the NBA. Now that I've basically seen everybody play except their 2nd and 4th best player (Amare and Iman), I'm ready to declare them the best roster on the court. Now that I've seen in particular what Marcus Camby (most importantly), Pablo Prigioni, Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace even Chris Copeland can give them.

They basically could start any of these guys and fit them in, and the one that's started the most (Kurt Thomas) is easily the worst and probably won't find minutes when they get Sheed and Amare back. But the beauty of it is they basically have a 3 man backup rotation of players that can play backup 4/5 in Sheed/Camby/Kurt Thomas and all 3 are simply insurance policies for each other and the main 3 man big rotation of Chandler/Amare/Carmelo. Same at pg. They have 3 starter quality pgs, 2 of them are old and are basically insurance policies for the other.

They are the best pick and roll team in basketball, that has 3 pgs that excel in the PnR, plus Melo/JR/Shumpert can run the pick and roll very well. Then they have a plethora of bigs, including Melo, who can finish out of it either by rolling or the jumper. Due to this versatility, they run the pick and roll out of no where, and catch teams by surprise. Amare is arguably the best pick and roll finishing big in the history of the game, and he looks to return next week.

They are a very talented defensive team, and can really turn it on to close games. And once they are able to play bigger and get Shump back, I expect it to get even better.

They have an MVP candidate who has carried their role players to one of the best records in the league so far. I'd expect his scoring to drop a bit once Amare steps in, but that's only going to make him better. They rely on Melo too much to keep their offense flowing, in Amare you basically get another Melo who can do the same thing when he's off the court, and for Melo to play off of from the perimeter.

Amare and JR Smith off the bench will be a scary punch off the bench, included with Novak, Prigioni maybe an all time great scoring punch off the bench. I mean clearly Amare should be one of the best players off the bench in league history, and they really need interior scoring when Melo or Chandler are out.

They play hard and have a lot of fight, and really their roster allows them to play any style. And they actually do play a lot of styles offensively. They have an answer for everything that any team in the league has to offer. 2 defensive first perimeter stoppers in Shumpert and R. Brewer, plus Melo, Felton, JR can lock in (I'm looking at the Heat/Thunder/Spurs as I bring that up). They may be the biggest team in the league and all of their bigs (minus Melo) are athletic enough that they can play both 4 and 5, meaning they can play any of them next to each other (I'm looking at Chicago, Memphis, LAC and LAL here).

If people go into the postseason, thinking the Heat (and I don't care how well they're playing) are going to walk through the East. You'd better think again. As long as Carmelo and Chandler in particular are healthy in the postseason, they're going to be a scary force. A team with no weaknesses, Amazing depth at all positions, with great leadership, with the right coach, all having 1 goal.

I just wanted to create, bookmark, and bring back up this thread later so I can say I told you so.

Banned

Default Re: I think the Knicks could rip through the East

You're wrong a lot, aren't you?

i swear i will never read this

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb
    You're wrong a lot, aren't you?
    Absolutely not. I'm Y2, nice to meet you

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    They are a very talented defensive team, and can really turn it on to close games. And once they are able to play bigger and get Shump back, I expect it to get even better.
    hes not that guy anymore, he hasnt been that guy for some time now

Only things that rips is your underwear after talking so much trash. They will never get past heat, the heat are gonna turn on a whole new gear come playoffs

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Didn't read, but I agree with the OP 100%

lol just losing to the Sacramento Kings and the Knicks fans are so on top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nets
    lol just losing to the Sacramento Kings and the Knicks fans are so on top of the world.
    I made this thread tonight, just so I can collect these types of remarks for my future bump.

Knicks have the most dynamic team and complete roster this year. When I look around the league and the Clippers, Thunder, and maybe the Lakers are the biggest threats to be able to acknowledge that...I feel great about my prediction.

Glen Grunwald for Executive of the Year is a done deal

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Marv_Albert
    Only things that rips is your underwear after talking so much trash. They will never get past heat, the heat are gonna turn on a whole new gear come playoffs
    What else have you seen with that crystal ball you got? its hilarious that "heat" fans think the heat are just going to turn it on and the basketball gods will anoint them with magical powers of unstoppable defense/offense. Their team just isn't the same from last year and giving the knicks no shot after they completely DOMINATED them twice is just foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    I made this thread tonight, just so I can collect these types of remarks for my future bump.

Knicks have the most dynamic team and complete roster this year. When I look around the league and the Clippers, Thunder, and maybe the Lakers are the biggest threats to be able to acknowledge that...I feel great about my prediction.

Glen Grunwald for Executive of the Year is a done deal
    Knicks ceiling is ECF or maybe the finals if they do beat the Heat, they stand absolutely zero chance against whoever comes out of the Western Conference. Knicks winning a title is something only happens in dreams and NBA 2k.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    What else have you seen with that crystal ball you got? its hilarious that "heat" fans think the heat are just going to turn it on and the basketball gods will anoint them with magical powers of unstoppable defense/offense. Their team just isn't the same from last year and giving the knicks no shot after they completely DOMINATED them twice is just foolish.

The Heat are better than last year, I just think a bunch of teams have passed them. They won last year on talent alone. The lockout killed the season.

They had to go small in order for their offense to improve, and it's hurting them in other places. It worked vs last years Celtics because they're old, and the thunder because they have 0 post threats. The Thunder are a dribble drive team, and rely on jumpshots from that...thats perfect for the Heat to play against.