Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 11/21 Miguel Cotto vs. Saul Alvarez for the Middleweight title (155 lbs Catchweight)

Hilarious they make this guy pay $1.1M just to fight. Shows you how much the belt means when the fighter forfeits the belt before the fight even takes place.

Banned

Default Re: 11/21 Miguel Cotto vs. Saul Alvarez for the Middleweight title (155 lbs Catchweight)

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cotto outboxed Canelo and got a UD. But the smart money would be Cinnamon.

But officially, I'll go with Cotto 116-112. That jab and left hook to the body will be a thing to behold.

I hope Canelo KO Cotto. I always love it when Roach losses a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cotto outboxed Canelo and got a UD. But the smart money would be Cinnamon.

But officially, I'll go with Cotto 116-112. That jab and left hook to the body will be a thing to behold.
    Past couple fights Cotto been throwing that left hook with murderous intent. Going to be the punch to watch for sure. If Canelo can't avoid it that will be it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Past couple fights Cotto been throwing that left hook with murderous intent. Going to be the punch to watch for sure. If Canelo can't avoid it that will be it
    Yeah it was weird that early on in his career at 140, that was his signature... but then when he moved up he stopped using it for whatever reason. But training under Roach, his offense is back to what it was during his early days and that punch is back with a vengeance.

Yeah it was weird that early on in his career at 140, that was his signature... but then when he moved up he stopped using it for whatever reason. But training under Roach, his offense is back to what it was during his early days and that punch is back with a vengeance.
    Forreal.

I read someplace Cotto might actually be left handed, which is why his left hook is so damaging. IDK if that's accurate or not since jab, cross, left hook has been a staple in boxing since forever.

Weird how he just quit throwing it with any fire for a good long while before Roach got his hands on him

Wow.

De La Hoya called it

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Forreal.

I read someplace Cotto might actually be left handed, which is why his left hook is so damaging. IDK if that's accurate or not since jab, cross, left hook has been a staple in boxing since forever.

Weird how he just quit throwing it with any fire for a good long while before Roach got his hands on him
    Yeah Cotto is a natural southpaw so he has a lot of power on his left hand and that includes his jab. If Cotto rocked Canelo like his brother did then this fight could be interesting. Otherwise I think Canelo will win by close but UD.

Good college starter

His stiff jab too at that weight class disrupted his opponent's rhythm but I don't think it will with Canelo who will probably rehydrate to 170.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    His stiff jab too at that weight class disrupted his opponent's rhythm but I don't think it will with Canelo who will probably rehydrate to 170.
    This dude gonna shed 25lbs of water to make weight??

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    When I was playing bball competitively for state, I would lose 4kg (about 9lbs) during a game... Then just get it back over the course of the next day or two.

I wouldn't find it too ridiculous to think some of these guys can rehydrate 15-20lbs... Though they are far smaller than me, but still, they are far more dedicated and making millions for it. All the incentive in the world there.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    When I was playing bball competitively for state, I would lose 4kg (about 9lbs) during a game... Then just get it back over the course of the next day or two.

I wouldn't find it too ridiculous to think some of these guys can rehydrate 15-20lbs... Though they are far smaller than me, but still, they are far more dedicated and making millions for it. All the incentive in the world there.

I think that's the biggest part, though. The body is 70% water. If you weigh 200lbs, that's 140lbs of water. The 140lb guy would have ~105lbs of water, and the less water you have, the less you can lose before going into severe dehydration. That's a big difference. I could see a ~200lb boxer losing/gaining 20lbs water in a day, not a 150lb boxer.

Canelo routinely dehydrates to around 170. He's a big boy

I'm actually hearing that Canelo looks drawn and having trouble cutting weight. Could be BS. We'll see at the weigh in

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
    Got the PPV ordered, this is gonna be an epic fight. I got Canelo but I wish I was more confident. This is a point where we get to see where's at currently.
    How much was the PPV?