Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: is wiggins as athletic as pre-2012 lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Kobe is also more fluid and has better body control than Westbrook and Nate Robinson. Actually, Kobe has better body control than most players in NBA history. Is Kobe a top 10 athlete in NBA history? Is he also more athletic than Zach Lavine? Lavine looks absolutely mechanical compared to Frobe. How much stock are you willing to put into body control when the disparity in speed and leaping ability is as pronounced?
    Kobe had a higher vert than Westbrook, and Nate Robinson is almost a foot shorter than Kobe. Of course Kobe is the more impressive athlete.

Westbrook is faster, more explosive and has better endurance. Westbrook and Wiggins are track and field athletes. Kobe is more functional in the sport of basketball. Better dexterity. Wade was a better athlete than both too, in terms of basketball functionality. Kobe and Wade bigger and stronger and more fluid. They impressive me more tbh.

I don't care what the draft combines say, there is no way Kobe ever had a higher vertical leap than Westbrook.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Y'all are seriously underrating Kobe's athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I don't care what the draft combines say, there is no way Kobe ever had a higher vertical leap than Westbrook.
    Westbrook's fools a lot of people because of how aggressive his dunks are. Tricks people into thinking he's a once in a lifetime leaper when in reality he's just blazing fast and aggressive as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Westbrook's fools a lot of people because of how aggressive his dunks are. Tricks people into thinking he's a once in a lifetime leaper when in reality he's just blazing quick and aggressive as ****.
    He hits his head on the backboard during dunks. Has Kobe ever done that?

Great college starter

Nowhere near the athlete as lebron.....Wiggins isn't even that more athletic than Jeff Green.

Wiggins never will have this kind of speed while being 50 pounds less

LeBron James SICK Breakaway Dunk - 4/18/09 Playoffs Game 1 vs Pistons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBT7xEdnAw

Sport Science: Lebron James Chase Down Block (2010)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62sVb8_OcNc

Lebron James Super Amped Fast Break Lay-Up On Kyle Korver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlO7Z-ozug

don't even need to get into power

lebron also has superior leaping

Unproven rookie already have homers comparing him to a top 10 GOAT.

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Here's the thing... saying "Yes in everything but strength" makes him seem like he's basically incredible just minus one little gift (of strength) but it's not that simple. Wiggins is no doubt an athletic guy, but oddly enough he still merely equals or falls short of many other great athletic forwards.

For example, I don't think he's as athletic as Doctor J... who could also be pigeon holed as "Yes in everything but strength" to Lebron, only he added to that even greater agility, gigantic hands, and PERHAPS greater leaping ability (even if not greater leaping ability his mid-air agility and control of the ball with his giant hands made him at least appear greater at it).

I'm also not convinced he's a greater athlete than say, Dominique Wilkins or James Worthy. Dominique due to a bit more strength and Worthy due to again giant hands that could whip the ball around with ease.

Wiggins is athletic. But he lacks a certain X factor, some special physical tool that makes you go "wow" like the guys I mentioned. I'm not sure he's more athletic than a great great deal of players that have played the game that were also called "athletic". He doesn't have any out standing attributes that set him apart like Lebron (great size/strength for his position) or Dr. J (the hands/body control), etc.
    Wiggins is a shooting guard, he isn't a forward. He doesn't have any strengths? He is fast as shit and if lavine wasn't in the league he would have arguably the highest vert. His agility is also elite. Yes he does have physical attributes that are generational.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Unproven rookie already have homers comparing him to a top 10 GOAT.
    The point of this thread had eluded you.even a first grader could pick it up.

Not even close boy. LeBron in 2012 was a crazy monster.

Um to be polite ... **** no

NBA rookie of the year

Wiggins body is the problem. It won't allow him to harness his true athleticism which blows Lebron and Jordan out of water.

-
    Last edited by JohnMax; 02-25-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I don't think anyone in history has the mixture of strength, speed, size, power, and agility that LeBron has.

He should have been able to pass MJ as the GOAT but didn't quite measure up in the mind. Wiggins isn't as athletic or big or strong as LeBron but I like his mental make-up better.

If you want to talk about genetics, the mind is genetics. LeBron may impress some people but he's never maximized his potential IMO. Being calculated and passive impresses people because they look at his career and say it's worked out fine. In reality, if he was more ruthless and demanding, he would easily be the GOAT. Just my two cents.
    LBJ's my favorite player ever, and this might be your most objective post on him ever. I can't disagree actually.

NBA Superstar

Bran was a concern to some coming out of high school because they saw him as 'too ready' meaning that he was at a physical and athletic peak at that time and adding more muscle/size would only be a detriment.

For his first 8 years Bran (with some added bulk) proved everyone wrong, he was a freight train. Now in his 30s he himself is trying to lose weight and had some success with it this summer (Kobe did the same thing a few years back).

Big bodies aren't built for the long term.

If you look at Wiggins, he is very similar to Jordan at that time. Here is a pic of all four around the same age:

Wiggins has a lot of room to add bulk, but bulk isn't a thing people want anymore, look for trainers to have him focus on body weight workouts, core training etc. not traditional adding of muscle mass.

He is only 20 and not at the same stage in his development Bran was at 20, he is equally athletic (perhaps moreso in raw stats) but Bran is stronger. 20 years is nowhere near anyone's strength peak so Wiggins has time.

Wiggins is an insane athlete who is still leaning how to harness his athleticism, in the last two months his dunk totals have spiked, he has gotten to the rim a lot more, and has proven to be an extremely effective post up player. All this while still looking a bit stiff. Once he gets caught up to his athleticism and smooths it out he will then be able to pin point his force and be a stronger player.