Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

Which car is ultimately better?

Default Re: Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

the answer to this depends on what trim level you are talking about and what you are intending to do with the car, but heres my 2 cents

overall the mustang is a fantastic sports coupe. it has the best handling of the bunch, the best interior quality (imo), and probably the best reliability as well. the downside is that the performance/dollar ratio is worse than the competitors.

the camaro has a great drivetrain (at least the ones with an LS engine) and great handling... but the car has a lot of problems and after spending a few minutes in the interior it feels like the car was built by penny pinching idiots. also the visibility is almost as bad as an 80s supercar.

the challenger is best at going fast in a straight line and looking bad ass. while the mustang and camaro arent quite sure if they are muscle cars or sports cars, the challenger knows exactly what it is. personally if i had to buy one of these 3 cars i would take a challenger over a mustang/camaro, and if the challenger is off the table I would def take the mustang over the camaro.
    Last edited by Nanners; 02-19-2019 at 10:27 AM.

i think the camaro ss is the best value for the money. you can get one for 40k, it has a 6.2L V8 with 455hp and 455 lb ft of torque. the 1LE package makes it the best handling car out of the 3, just watch youtube videos of how great it handles. it basically keeps up with a $130k M4 GTS, beat a $200k aston martin and is only a couple seconds behind some of the 6 figure supercars. tremendous value for what it can do. you can get more power out of that engine with some basic modifications: headers, throttle body, manifold, camshaft and CAI.

oh yeah, and it comes in a 6 speed manual.

https://youtu.be/xjKjnbOsSEs

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Challenger will absolutely be my midlife crisis car. Currently have a Durango because we've got kids but when I'm done driving them around I want one in black maybe with some red, under 50k miles, all-wheel drive (if you live in a place like Boston that's a must that some people don't realize is a must). It will be a stupid thing to buy because I stopped speeding a decade ago but it will make the older me feel better about himself, I'm sure. Sticking to the more moderately-priced, unexotic cars Challenger is the way to go if you don't care whether or not your car is practical.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

As a current Challenger and former Mustang owner, I'd probably rank those as 1 and 2 for right now. I've seen better handling on the Dodge vehicles as of late. For overall customization, you go with the Mustang. Great motors, great interiors and probably more eye-catching than the Dodge. For power, handling, and comfort, I'd go with the Dodge over Mustang.

As I have left Chevy out, the only thing I can say for the Camaro is that while it is a nice looking ride on the outside, Chevy's have always looked cheap on the inside. Would never drive a Chevy.

Price per performance mustang gt is the best hands down. 450hp and a 10spd auto it rips. Only takes a few mods and you are over 500whp with out a turbo or supercharger and you have a 10second 1/4 mile car all for 30k. That’s insane for a new car.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    the challenger is best at going fast in a straight line and looking bad ass. while the mustang and camaro arent quite sure if they are muscle cars or sports cars, the challenger knows exactly what it is. personally if i had to buy one of these 3 cars i would take a challenger over a mustang/camaro, and if the challenger is off the table I would def take the mustang over the camaro.
    If all someone wants is straight line performance they should just get a Tesla. IMO all Dodges are ugly.

Banned

#1 - 1967 mustang

#2 1969 camaro

#3 1969 challenger

Last edited by kennethgriffen; 02-19-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Banned

all good cars but only one of them had a major motion picture dedicated to it starring nic cage

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    all good cars but only one of them had a major motion picture dedicated to it starring nic cage
    Who's also one of the worst actors ever

Never drove one of these, but imo the Challenger has the vintage look down the best. But if I could have one it'd be a Mustang.

Porsche.

I have been a Mustang fan as long as I can remember. I had one of the original 5.0 Mustangs back in the 80's which was a badass back then but actually pretty tame compared to the power any of them make these days. The new Coyote 5.0 in the Stangs is an amazing engine and the LS drive-trains in the Camaros are hard to beat. I have absolutely zero experience with any Dodge vehicles but the Challengers look good and the specs on the motor are awesome. All three are great cars and all make unbelievable power. You can't go wrong with any one of them IMHO so it all comes down to personal choice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Who's also one of the worst actors ever

hes not an actor. hes nic cage. one of the most entertaining people ever and in some of the best movies ever. gone in 60 seconds is a classic

some guys who are just themselves can be more entertaining than an actor... like keanu/arnold etc..
    Last edited by kennethgriffen; 02-19-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    #1 - 1967 mustang

#2 1969 camaro

#3 1969 challenger

I