Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default any watch heads here?

i dont wear watches but im lookin into gettin one, but dont know much about em or whats good. i was looking for a gold watch with a gold face and came across the one below. It is a Seiko SGF206 quartz watch. List price is around $270 but it can be bought for under 200. Is this watch worth getting? Im only getting it for the look as I dont really need a watch to tell time. is it gonna look gaudy or tacky or cheap to someone whos into watches? is Seiko a "cheap" company? im asking those who are into the more grown up watches, not G-shocks etc (no disrespect to those that wear em just not what im looking for). what do you think?

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Default Re: any watch heads here?

That one will look like you're wearing your father's retirement present. I wouldn't buy it, personally.

Banned

I don't like the all gold, or even any gold, watches. I am really just starting to get into nice watches; my Dad has always loved them and wanted me to share his passion. Now I do. A really nice watch can just complete an outfit perfectly. Plus, it's nice to actually be able to look at the time without having to have your phone on you.

Hopefully this helps you, The Watch Snob at AskMen: http://ca.askmen.com/fashion/mens-wa...atch-snob.html

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    That one will look like you're wearing your father's retirement present. I wouldn't buy it, personally.
    dads retirement present? i dunno, I used to like the chrome/silver watch look more but with everyone having those and with gold being sought after recently (even though its just gold colored), i started thinkin about gettin a gold one. i think it would look pretty good with a black shirt but i havent tried it on yet

and skan i think that article is geared more towards the real high end ones

Want some nice watches, yet stylish? I pass this to you as it was passed to me....use it wisely.

http://www.nixonnow.com/mens-watches/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    dads retirement present? i dunno, I used to like the chrome/silver watch look more but with everyone having those and with gold being sought after recently (even though its just gold colored), i started thinkin about gettin a gold one. i think it would look pretty good with a black shirt but i havent tried it on yet

and skan i think that article is geared more towards the real high end ones
    You are correct. Sorry it can't help you!

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

A nice clean burberry watch matches any outfit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

For $270, your not going to be able to get a "good" watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids

That's a nice looking timepiece...

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]I used to be a watch head but I would never suggest anyone to get a Seiko not that its a bad watch or anything.

It would depend on the purpose of your watch and what styled do you rock.

I have/like Techno Marine ($1000 or less they have nice ones in the $500 range)Hugo Boss ($500 less).

Personally dont try to get anything/brand that would be to common. Seiko, Citizen, Movado, Guess etc blah blah blah.... [/COLOR]

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Although that looks like a clean watch I wouldnt suggest getting a black face. Make sure you can tell the time with it at night. I know that sounds stupid but you be surprised how some watches are more difficult to read at night.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    For $270, your not going to be able to get a "good" watch.
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Most average people cant afford a "good" watch
    Just get the best you can for your budget. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]I wouldnt do Macy's or anything like that because that increases your chances of seeing it on someone you know or on someone you will see.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 01-30-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

If you up the price just a tad bit more you can get yourself a watch that "TRUE" watch enthusiasts would have the upmost respect for, and not only would you get there respect.. you get yourself a timepiece that could potentially last your and your kids life time as you will certainly keep it as your "first real" watch of your life.

This watch I refer to you ladies and gentlemen is called HAMILTON, and the other watch I recommend is TISSOT. Fine swiss Timepieces with scratch resistant sapphire crystals, high water resistancy. Price ranges being $400-$1400.

Don't get that Seiko dude. Get yourself a swiss made timepiece. Also that gold is going to rub off in about 2-4 years depending on the acidity level of your chemical makeup.

You might be wondering how I know so much? I am a AD (authorized dealer for these brands) If you want to know more PM me, I will also give you a special ISH discount rate if your serious.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

if you want something good & american-made (or owned), try guess collection, or marc ecko & nautica if you want something cheaper. looking at that seiko, you'd prolly like ecko's bling2x watches

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Hamilton and Tissot are nice watches dont get me wrong but you are laying it on kind of thick... I guess its your job.[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    If you up the price just a tad bit more you can get yourself a watch that "TRUE" watch enthusiasts would have the upmost respect for, and not only would you get there respect.. you get yourself a timepiece that could potentially last your and your kids life time as you will certainly keep it as your "first real" watch of your life.

This watch I refer to you ladies and gentlemen is called HAMILTON, and the other watch I recommend is TISSOT. Fine swiss Timepieces with scratch resistant sapphire crystals, high water resistancy. Price ranges being $400-$1400.

Don't get that Seiko dude. Get yourself a swiss made timepiece. Also that gold is going to rub off in about 2-4 years depending on the acidity level of your chemical makeup.

You might be wondering how I know so much? I am a AD (authorized dealer for these brands) If you want to know more PM me, I will also give you a special ISH discount rate if your serious.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

what happened to leather bands?