Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Sofoklis Schortsanitis "Big Sofo" Went Ballistic On The Crowd In Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Oh look, it's the forum's resident mega troll.

Big Sofo throwing Shaq around like a little toy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwdXDO_99BA

Go crawl back to your little hole.

Cool Why don't you post the whole thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft0fBZwRvy8

Shaq majorly outplaying him, making him look bad out there Not prime Shaq even... Think all you need is to be really fat and really strong? Shaq was a great athlete, while being pretty skilled and smart, oh and also a really big guy.

Default Re: Sofoklis Schortsanitis "Big Sofo" Went Ballistic On The Crowd In Israel

I know he's just a troll and looking to get a rise out of us, but I really just want to get Euroleague on a blacktop and absolutely stomp a mudhole in his ass. Hopefully they teach you how to take an elbow down in Arkansas

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    They haven't even mentioned it on their site . Wow I can't believe that a professional league is covering up one of their superstars going into the crowd and beating on a innocent child. This would never happen in the NBA.
    According to former CBS NBA reporter Pat O'Brien, some of the NBA's higher-ups did not want fights to be shown on TV during NBA telecasts. And this was in the early '80s. And the NFL certainly used to censor fights and injured players lying on the field from their TV broadcasts during the 1950s and most of the '60s.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It says a lot about the Euroleague that they would try to sweep this horrific incident under the rug... when a clearly deranged 600lb over the hill slob tries to bulldoze his way into the Euroleague arena stands after fans you'd think security would intervene and league would respond with charges/fines/suspensions. But no, the shady Turkish Airlines aren't even acknowledging it let alone punishing Sofo for it. They must be really struggling to maintain their image if they're resorting to hiding their problems rather than fixing them.
    Crazy, right? You'd think the Euroleague would suspend Big Stamos for at least a game or two.

I don't know which is worst:
    - guys not giving a flying **** about an incident that was pretty relevant and could creat some problems for Sofo.
    - guys trying to troll Euroleague all the time, it isn't even funny anymore.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

I'm not talking about the Euroleague. A bunch of morons keep claiming this happened in a Euroleague game. I am simply getting the facts right. It did not happen in a Euroleague game.

To answer your question, no, the Euroleague cannot do anything to him. This was not a Euroleague game. The Euroleague and the Israeli League are two completely different and separate leagues. The Euroleague has no authority over the Israeli League.

The reason there is so much hostility in this thread is because this forum is full of jerks.

I'm sorry -- I was trolling you. I even thought twice about it and decided to go with it.

The fact that you didn't recognize this and get mad at me, but instead answered my idiotic question, makes me feel bad.

I sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I don't know which is worst:
    - guys not giving a flying **** about an incident that was pretty relevant and could creat some problems for Sofo.
    - guys trying to troll Euroleague all the time, it isn't even funny anymore.
    And now the butt hurt mods moved the thread................

Let's open up a thread about Sergio and I bet you 95+% of the responses say he would be the worst player in the NBA.

I think this thread fits well in the international thread

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

finally the mods moved it to the proper forum

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    finally the mods moved it to the proper forum

I have ON RECORD, and NBA front office executive saying that Vassilis Spanoulis is "definitely an NBA player" and that "Jeff Van Gundy would never play him. After that he got mad and left".

This CONFIRMS EVERY SINGLE THING I HAVE SAID HERE.

This is from a MAJOR AND WELL RESPECTED USA media source and in English.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/racin...255954251.html

"There's a slew of guys in Europe that could be on NBA teams," said Milwaukee Bucks vice president of player personnel Dave Babcock. "But a lot of times, they get to a point where they're making so much money over there, that they can't afford to come to the NBA."

Babcock goes to Europe two to four times a year to scout games and look for draft-eligible players — perhaps the next Ersan Ilyasova — and at free agents such as Lojeski. There is NBA talent there.

"Matt's [Lojeski's] team has a starting point guard, Vassilis Spanoulis
    , who was drafted by Houston," said Babcock. "He signed with Houston, but Jeff Van Gundy would never play him. After that he got mad and left. He's definitely an NBA player."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONSIDER YOURSELVES OWNED INSIDEHOOPS

OWNED
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-11-2014 at 03:23 AM.

[QUOTE=Euroleague]I have ON RECORD, and NBA front office executive saying that Vassilis Spanoulis is "definitely an NBA player" and that "Jeff Van Gundy would never play him. After that he got mad and left".

This CONFIRMS EVERY SINGLE THING I HAVE SAID HERE.

This is from a MAJOR AND WELL RESPECTED USA media source and in English.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/racin...255954251.html

"There's a slew of guys in Europe that could be on NBA teams," said Milwaukee Bucks vice president of player personnel Dave Babcock. "But a lot of times, they get to a point where they're making so much money over there, that they can't afford to come to the NBA."

Babcock goes to Europe two to four times a year to scout games and look for draft-eligible players

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Spanoullis is not an NBA caliber player, he averaged 2.7ppg on 30% (18% from three) on garbage time and told his coach that he was the "Tmac of Euroleague" and the coach swiftly responded with "Well Tmac is Tmac here" and cut the whiny son of a bitch after 31 games. Honestly he was trash in the NBA, he tried and failed. Meanwhile NBA scrubs like Sonny Weems and Anthony Parker have gone over to Euroleague and etched themselves onto Euroleague's Mount Rushmore. So it's quite clear which league is superior.
    Yeah, the Euroleague. Just like Rubio said it. Euroleague is much harder than the NBA is. He said it flat out. Of course the NBA and USA sports media has covered up those comments ever since he made them.

Yeah, the Euroleague. Just like Rubio said it. Euroleague is much harder than the NBA is. He said it flat out. Of course the NBA and USA sports media has covered up those comments ever since he made them.
    Let me guess, you can't cite this can you?

All of the endless NBA only fan trolling, and all of the endless patriotic zealotry from Americans can stop, and you can all STFU.

http://fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/la...2948/arti.html

FIBA.com: One of the important modifications of the new governance is that the NBA and the athletes will have a representative in the FIBA Central Board. What will that change concretely?

Baumann: Both things are very important. If you take the athletes, it's very easy to forget about them and to leave them on the side when we take decisions. I think they need to have a voice in this. It's actually the athletes who are putting on a show and that's why everyone else is sitting on the board, not the other way around.

As it relates to the NBA, I think it's a crucial part of basketball's future development, as much as it has been for the past 20 years. It's been a blessing to have the NBA within the international environment for the game of basketball. The work Mr. Stankovic and Mr. (David) Stern did to bring all the world together in 1992 has been a game-changer for basketball. But we see also that sitting together formally will help us in giving a new and much-needed impulse to the growth of the game worldwide. It's also going to be an important piece of perception of the rest of the world to basketball. We're often asked: "What's the NBA? Is it part of you?". With the NBA participating in the Central Board, we are telling the rest of the world that basketball is united. We aim at the same objective, which is to grow the game of basketball in the world and to make sure the FIBA Basketball World Cup is the best sport property in the world.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/FIB...aCentBoar.html

FIBA Central Board

The FIBA Central Board is currently composed of 23 members (22 have the right to vote) and meets twice yearly.

The FIBA Central Board has, among other competences, the power to establish the FIBA Internal Regulations. It also assigns the organisation of all FIBA Basketball World Cup.

The current Central Board members are:

Mr. Yvan Mainini (France) President
    Mr. Horacio Muratore (Argentina) Vice President
    Mr. Patrick Baumann (Switzerland) Secretary General
    Mr. Borislav Stankovic (Serbia) Secretary General Emeritus
    Mr. Manfred Str