Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Greece Is Coming To The 2014 FIBA World Cup

V-Span is one of the worst NBA players of all time, leader of the Greek team.

Banned

Euroleague has one of the best abilities on this board, he has the ablities to bring the the stans and fans off all players/teams together to agree on something, unfortunately its to agree that he is a delusional moron.

Decent playground baller Ratnik's Avatar

I'm new to ISH, so let me ask, does this guy seriously consider Euroleague to be better than NBA or he's just a massive troll?

Quote Originally Posted by tragicbronson
    Man you need to bring in some young talent into your squad, i am from Croatia and i watched last Eurobasket as Greece lost in that game. Spanoulis is good, but not that good anymore, still has some periods where he shows his incredible talent, skill and feel for the game but he also has periods of the game where it's not going so well and without Diamantidis and Papaloukas it's difficult to overcome such periods while he is considered their best player.

I know you hate NBA and their players but why wouldn't you give a chance to such a talented player and probably a rising star. We are giving Saric as much opportunity we can, if Hezonja wasn't injured he'd be on that squad too and yet we still managed to finish 4th. Maybe he is not a starting material as you are trying to prove, Saric didn't start for Croatia aswell even tough he is considere top 15 pick or even higher on the next draft but you shouldn't be so disrespectful towards young players who are future of your national squad.

And i disagree on Calathes :)
    Spanoulis was playing the whole tournament with a severe ankle injury. He would have been put without any training, not just playing, but no physical activity for one month, and he played through it.

That was Spanoulis playing with a severe injury. Were you not even aware of that? I think Greece did fine considering they missed 4-5 of their best players and that their star was playing with a very bad injury. Also, if Greece did have all of their best players, those double teams that everyone did on Spanoulis, would not be as effective as they were.

His assists would go up, as he would have more options with other scorers on the team. There were times when the double teams came and he passed to lots of open players and the guys he was passing to were more defenders than scorers.

Guess what? Take away 4-5 of USA's best players and then give Durant or LeBron a severe injury and they don't win medals either.

As for Calathes, he is an even worse shooter than Rubio. When he is missing his shots, he completely destroys the offensive rhythm of a team. He ruins games so many times. He has been a disaster for the national team every summer.

And if you look at his play this year with the Grizzlies, he still can't freaking shoot. The guy is the worst guard shooting-wise in the history of professional basketball.

Croatia is not as deep at forward as Greece is at guard. Plus, Croatia had injuries at forward that allowed for Saric to get more playing time. So not really the same issue.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-21-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boarder Patrol
    V-Span is one of the worst NBA players of all time, leader of the Greek team.

Yet, he was double teamed by every team at EuroBasket.....and Tony Parker was not...

Even Team USA double teamed him at the Olympics....

strange......
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-21-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Spanoulis was playing the whole tournament with a severe ankle injury. He would have put without any training, not just playing, but no physical activity for one whole month, and he played through it.

That was Spanoulis playing with a very severe injury. Were you not even aware of that? I think Greece did fine considering they missed 4-5 of their best players and that their star was playing with a very bad injury.

As for Calathes, he is an even worse shooter than Rubio. When he is missing his shots, he completely destroys the rhythm of a team. He ruins games so many times. He has been a disaster for the national team every summer.

And if you look at his play this year with the Grizzlies, he still can't freaking shoot. The guy is the worst shooting guard in the history of professional basketball.
    No i wasn't aware of that, my bad.

I thought Calathes was a point guard He seemed like a player who can run a team, has a great height for a pg, has a really nice feel and passing skill but as you said lacks shooting touch but aside from that he seemed to me like a really solid pg

But you still didn't answer why are you so much against giving Giannis as a young star minutes in the national squad.

I thought Calathes was a point guard He seemed like a player who can run a team, has a great height for a pg, has a really nice feel and passing skill but as you said lacks shooting touch but aside from that he seemed to me like a really solid pg

But you still didn't answer why are you so much against giving Giannis as a young star minutes in the national squad.

because Giannis is young, talented and just so happens to be in the NBA. If he stayed in Greece and happened to flourish, he would have a polar opposite opinion.

Also its amazing whenever Spanoulis sucks he has an undocumented severe ankle injury or other injury that should require a month off lol. Such a coincidence, get out of here u hick.

Spanoulis was playing the whole tournament with a severe ankle injury.
    I guess he played his entire NBA career with an ankle injury as well

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Do they not have links in Arkansas? You might as well be the even whiter version of Chris Broussard. Multiple sauces say.

Calathes is a point guard. I mean shooting guard, as in shooting the ball.

I am not against him being on the team. I never said that. I don't care who is on the team. The best players should be there. Which is why I really don't care much for Calathes being there.

I never said one thing about not wanting Giannis on the team. I just said he probably was not good enough to make the team. All of Greece's players are saying they want to play now, because the federation put in a new rule that starts this summer (since so many players 6-7 even of the best players every summer won't play for years on end) that if you refuse to play you are kicked off the team permanently.

So obviously, it would be very hard for him to make the team. My point was I did not care if he trained in Milwaukee over the summer as PAOK suggested, because if he did make the team, in that full team, he's going to be an 11-12 man probably and sit on the bench most of the time.

I never said anything about being against him being on the team. Regardless, just once, Greece needs to bring their best players, and not bring him, Calathes, or anyone else just because the federation likes that they play in the NBA and the media likes them.

Greece every summer fails to bring their best team and they need to stop doing that.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-21-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad

Yet, he was double teamed by every team at EuroBasket.....and Tony Parker was not...

Even Team USA double teamed him at the Olympics....

strange......
    The only thing V-Span did particularly well in EuroBasket was turn the ball over, led the entire tournament

Giannis has been told he will get an invite to train with the practice squad, and that IF he does very well in training, then he has a CHANCE, to make the team, as Spanoulis' backup, for about 8-10 minutes of playing time a game.

Keep in mind that Giannis was the 4th to 5th best player on Greece's under-20 team this summer. So he better improve by a hell of a lot, if he wants to make the senior men's team.
    Source? Link? Proof that you didn't just completely make it up as you usually do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratnik
    I'm new to ISH, so let me ask, does this guy seriously consider Euroleague to be better than NBA or he's just a massive troll?
    Welcome aboard! Euroleague is one of ISH's most successful trolls. People around here will drop all animosities in support of laughing at his insanity.

They did it.

Guess what? Take away 4-5 of USA's best players and then give Durant or LeBron a severe injury and they don't win medals either.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FI...pionship#Final

No LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, Carmelo, Wade, Chris Paul yet they dominated the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    because Giannis is young, talented and just so happens to be in the NBA. If he stayed in Greece and happened to flourish, he would have a polar opposite opinion.

Also its amazing whenever Spanoulis sucks he has an undocumented severe ankle injury or other injury that should require a month off lol. Such a coincidence, get out of here u hick.
    If he was one of the best 10 Greek players he should be on the team. If not, then no. Right now, he's miles from being a top 10 Greek player.

Calathes isn't either, but he will there 100%. The federation head has a huge boner for him.