Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: JR Smith - starting sg

Anyway, starting JR Smith is essentially the same as starting Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford.

We've seen that movie before, the two guard needs to be efficient.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Rameek
Krust Kingz

So how is that this guy tanked the playoffs as Melo's number 2 without a mention but I read the Tyson thread and he gets vilified. Chandler was clearly hurt with a herniated disk and didnt play for month played a couple of games didnt play a month before that but took one for the team but gets crushed.

Then Franchise you specifically say how fans criticize the Knick best player for not being up to par. When Chandler sacrificed his body to even play in the game but you make it seem like its all his fault the Knicks lost. Clearly JR getting suspended and stinking was more of a major factor in the team losing.

How does Jr get off easy yet Tyson gets killed? This is utterly ridiculous.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So how is that this guy tanked the playoffs as Melo's number 2 without a mention but I read the Tyson thread and he gets vilified. Chandler was clearly hurt with a herniated disk and didnt play for month played a couple of games didnt play a month before that but took one for the team but gets crushed.

Then Franchise you specifically say how fans criticize the Knick best player for not being up to par. When Chandler sacrificed his body to even play in the game but you make it seem like its all his fault the Knicks lost. Clearly JR getting suspended and stinking was more of a major factor in the team losing.

He is obsessed with Tysons salary.

Now what I do find odd is folks clamoring for Bogut who's done nothing but collect a check for the last 4 years due to being always injured.

If Tyson made 3 mil like JR he wouldn't have any complaints.

As far as JR he should never have been the #2 option, I do think his season was ok overall, but the role was too much him.

What I dont support is a player partying during the playoffs while they are stinking up the joint on the court.

JR will be nothing but a below average player who has flashes of being good.

He needs to be traded by the deadline, no team will win with him in any important role.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
He is obsessed with Tysons salary.

Now what I do find odd is folks clamoring for Bogut who's done nothing but collect a check for the last 4 years due to being always injured.

If Tyson made 3 mil like JR he wouldn't have any complaints.

As far as JR he should never have been the #2 option, I do think his season was ok overall, but the role was too much him.

What I dont support is a player partying during the playoffs while they are stinking up the joint on the court.

JR will be nothing but a below average player who has flashes of being good.

He needs to be traded by the deadline, no team will win with him in any important role.
This Bogut thing is utterly ridiculous. This guy never plays. The only thing good about him is that he is an expirer. But to get rid of Chandler and make another hole on the team is nuts. Its not like the Knicks have luck getting players but lets dump a player to replace him with another prone player. So who will start Bogut and Bargs lmao someone needs to watch a little more basketball. He has talent and more talent than Chandler but he just cant stay on the court.

Whether Jr should or shouldnt be isnt the problem to me. No team in the world wants this guy to be there 2nd best player. If someone really wanted this guy and saw him as a legit player they could have offered 7 mill or 8 mill. It makes no sense that your number 2 did squat but doesnt get not one form of backlash. I dont care about the Salary the Knicks lost because of JR not Tyson. Yet their isnt any backlash? Illogical.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
This Bogut thing is utterly ridiculous. This guy never plays. The only thing good about him is that he is an expirer. But to get rid of Chandler and make another hole on the team is nuts. Its not like the Knicks have luck getting players but lets dump a player to replace him with another prone player. So who will start Bogut and Bargs lmao someone needs to watch a little more basketball. He has talent and more talent than Chandler but he just cant stay on the court.

Whether Jr should or shouldnt be isnt the problem to me. No team in the world wants this guy to be there 2nd best player. If someone really wanted this guy and saw him as a legit player they could have offered 7 mill or 8 mill. It makes no sense that your number 2 did squat but doesnt get not one form of backlash. I dont care about the Salary the Knicks lost because of JR not Tyson. Yet their isnt any backlash? Illogical.
To me it's a collection of factors....

Game 1 set the tone for the series and all the players admitted to being outworked, which wound up happening even more as the series went on.

Tyson did play awful, JR couldnt make a basket, Melo was inefficient.

When your three most important pieces by role cant get it done, you're gonna lose.

I've heard quite a bit of heat on JR, not on here as much, but personally, JR isnt a good player, and if he does nothing, it's pretty much expected, thus little backlash.

As far as Bogut, i dont even think he was even cleared to play in back to backs....thus making things a little bit worse.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
To me it's a collection of factors....

Game 1 set the tone for the series and all the players admitted to being outworked, which wound up happening even more as the series went on.

Tyson did play awful, JR couldnt make a basket, Melo was inefficient.

When your three most important pieces by role cant get it done, you're gonna lose.

I've heard quite a bit of heat on JR, not on here as much, but personally, JR isnt a good player, and if he does nothing, it's pretty much expected, thus little backlash.

As far as Bogut, i dont even think he was even cleared to play in back to backs....thus making things a little bit worse.
No Bogut is still injured. Ankle is a mess right now last I heard.

Granted Jr shouldnt be a teams 2nd player but that was his role on the Knicks by talent, ability, hook or crook. Why should Tyson get reamed more than the guy that literally tanked. At least Chandler was injured and playing which people seem to fail to grasp.

JR sucked and yes Melo wasnt efficient. JR didnt show up after getting suspended. The Knicks werent going to win without their 2nd best player.

The scary part is he can reprise the role again this year.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:

1. Chandler has sucked in back to back playoffs
2. I never gave JR a pass. He was awful and he completely hurt our team.
3. He took ownership for being terribe. Chandler made it everyone else's fault.
4. I'm not buying Chandler's "flu" BS. Every time he plays poorly, he has the flu all of a sudden. Same BS excuse last postseason.
5. Yes, I do think there's a difference between a 14 million dollar STARTING center and a BACKUP 2 million dollar SG.

I guess you can only complain about salary if your referring to Melo. And for the record, I'm not part of the "folks" clamoring for Bogut. I'm far from a Bogut fan. I would however make that proposed trade. It really has nothing to do with Bogut and everything to do with getting Barnes and ditching Chandler.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: