Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default i cant believe Dirk is on the verge of carrying this group of scrubs to 50 wins

50-32 or 49-33 depending on wether they win this current game vs the Grizzlies.

I'm looking at the guys out there vs Dallas and I see a bunch of nonentities. His most valuable teammate looks to be double digit IQ Samuel Dalembert who averages 6 PPG, 6 RPG and plays 20 minutes per game.

And this guy is 35 years old, an age where he should be playing lower minutes and handling the less of the bulk.

Dirk is truly one of the games all-time greats. Top ten all-time and in the company of Duncan, Shaq, LeBron as for player of this century.

Default Re: i cant believe Dirk is on the verge of carrying this group of scrubs to 50 wins

Agreed, but come on, his 2nd best player is Ellis.. stop doing that

You did the same with LeBron, "2nd most important player is Birdman" lol

Default Re: i cant believe Dirk is on the verge of carrying this group of scrubs to 50 wins

Dirk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Ellis and Jose are probably the second/third best on that team.
    but he was right, for huge parts of the playoffs, Birdman was the heats second most valuable player, as he at least put up a fight on post defense and rebounding and hit like 19 shots in a row

Decent playground baller Carter_17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    50-32 or 49-33 depending on wether they win this current game vs the Grizzlies.

I'm looking at the guys out there vs Dallas and I see a bunch of nonentities. His most valuable teammate looks to be double digit IQ Samuel Dalembert who averages 6 PPG, 6 RPG and plays 20 minutes per game.

And this guy is 35 years old, an age where he should be playing lower minutes and handling the less of the bulk.

Dirk is truly one of the games all-time greats. Top ten all-time and in the company of Duncan, Shaq, LeBron as for player of this century.

Monta ellis : 19 points , 3.6 rebounts, 1.7 steals and 5.8 assits per game
    Dirk: 21.5 points ,6.2 rebounts ( not even 3 more for monta and they got like 1 ft diference in height) 2.7 assits

Monta is covering for dirk in offensive end and dalamebert/wright cover him in the post. So he is carrying shit

Poof: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ellismo01.html http://www.basketball-reference.com/...nowitdi01.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Ellis is nothing special. Easily replaceable. There is a reason noone else wanted him in free agency.

Midget size for a two guard, has absolutely no range on his shot, can't get to the rim at will, average efficiency. He is easily replaceable if you give any random guy his touches.

The worth of a 7 footer who can defend the rim is always worth more than 30 year old midget guards with no three point range.

Ellis is nothing special. Easily replaceable. There is a reason noone else wanted him in free agency.

Midget size for a two guard, has absolutely no range on his shot, can't get to the rim at will, average efficiency. He is easily replaceable if you give any random guy his touches.

The worth of a 7 footer who can defend the rim is always worth more than 30 year old midget guards with no three point range.
    I get the logic behind all this... but you simply can't apply it on an all star like guard in Ellis, who can carry a team, versus DALEMBERT...

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

"Montay Ella have it all"

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

the team is definitely doing a little better than expected, but anyone expecting them to be cellar dwellers at the beginning of the season was just an idiot. they had a worse team last year and barely missed the playoffs with dirk being injured for a good portion.

it's definitely a hodgepodge of guys but they have talent. calderon, marion, wright and dalembert are all solid players. and ellis is liable to go for 30+ when he gets going. he's really underrated.

[COLOR="Magenta"]Monte carried dirk old hag ass and n a bunch of bums to 50 wins [/COLOR]

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carter_17
    Monta ellis : 19 points , 3.6 rebounts, 1.7 steals and 5.8 assits per game
    Dirk: 21.5 points ,6.2 rebounts ( not even 3 more for monta and they got like 1 ft diference in height) 2.7 assits

Monta is covering for dirk in offensive end and dalamebert/wright cover him in the post. So he is carrying shit

Poof: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ellismo01.html http://www.basketball-reference.com/...nowitdi01.html

I don't understand posts like this. Now, I want to make it clear that I don't think the Mavs suck outside of Dirk or something, but kind of post is this?

Ellis is covering for Dirk and Dalembert is covering for Dirk? What does that mean?

So Dirk should be winning 50 or so games with even less help?

I've never understood this shit when it comes to Dirk hate...you guys act like Dalembert and Ellis is good or something. That is not special. Ellis has been great this year, but Dalembert has been subpar...even as he's picked up his game.

Jesus...you'd think Dirk played on a stacked team like all the other good players in the league. Lebron, Durant, Paul, Griffin, Curry, Harden, Howard, Paul George, Marc Gasol, Aldridge, Parker, Duncan...I could go on...all those guys have better teams.

Dirk has like maybe the 12th best supporting cast in the league or something.

Come on now...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
    the team is definitely doing a little better than expected, but anyone expecting them to be cellar dwellers at the beginning of the season was just an idiot. they had a worse team last year and barely missed the playoffs with dirk being injured for a good portion.

it's definitely a hodgepodge of guys but they have talent. calderon, marion, wright and dalembert are all solid players. and ellis is liable to go for 30+ when he gets going. he's really underrated.
    Not really.

If the Mavericks franchise was destroyed and all its players deemed free agents the only player who would have a list of immediate suitors would be Dirk. Noone else has value.

The rest of these guys are all a bunch of misfits that were unwanted elsewhere.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Not really.

If the Mavericks franchise was destroyed and all its players deemed free agents the only player who would have a list of immediate suitors would be Dirk. Noone else has value.

The rest of these guys are all a bunch of misfits that were unwanted elsewhere.
    Nah,

Carter, Ellis, Wright, Calderon, and Marion would all have value...

35 year old and still better than players like kevin love. amazing

dirk is obviously the best player on the team but give ellis some love, he is an all-star caliber player after all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Nah,

Carter, Ellis, Wright, Calderon, and Marion would all have value...
    you and I must have different definitions of "value".

Sure they would get picked up, but no team is going to be breaking the bank for these caliber of players. Dirk is the only one who would for sure get above 6 million or so on the open market.

I've seen some good plays from Brandon Wright. He looks to be Samuel Dalemerts competition for the 2nd best player on this team.