Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thanasis Antetokounmpo "Greek Streak" Signed By 76ers D-League Team

The Philadelphia 76ers D-League team, the Delaware 87ers, signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo to a contract.

Because he is an international player, and because he is 2014 NBA draft eligible and has not yet been drafted, he cannot be signed by an NBA team.

However, there is a loophole in the NBA rules that allows an NBA team's D-League affiliate to sign such players and keep them on their D-League team until they are no longer draft eligible.

They can then be signed to an NBA contract as long as no other NBA team drafts them. So, the 76ers can then sign Antetokounmpo this summer, when he is no longer draft eligible, if he does not get drafted.

From what I hear, the 76ers, and 2 other NBA teams, have plans to draft him this summer, if he is available.

He is the older brother of Giannis Antetokounmpo. He is a 6-7 215 SF. His nickname is the Greek Streak. He is known for his freak athletic ability and his 44 inch vertical leap.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Default Re: Thanasis Antetokounmpo "Greak Streak" Signed By 76ers D-League Team

that name..

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

greece can't beat nigeria so they decided to steal their players and give them citizenship once they turn out to be decent

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The Philadelphia 76ers D-League team the Delaware 87ers signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo to a contract.

Because he is an international player and because he is draft eligible and has not yet been drafted, he cannot be signed by an NBA team and cannot be signed by an NBA team

However, there is a loophole in the NBA rules that allows an NBA team's D-League affiliate to sign such players and keep them on their D-League teams until they are no longer draft eligible.

They can then be signed to an NBA contract as long as no other NBA team drafts them. So the 76ers can then sign Antetokounmpo this summer when he is no longer draft eligible if he does not get drafted.

From what I hear, the 76ers and 2 other NBA teams also have plans to draft him this summer, if he is available.
    I hope its true but wheres the link? Please mention his height,potentian, and scouting report.

Default Re: Thanasis Antetokounmpo "Greek Streak" Signed By 76ers D-League Team

Here is Thanasis in YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yi7mgzR1s

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Here is Thanasis in YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yi7mgzR1s
    stop advertising your youtube channel

his nickname is the "nigerian sensation"

The Greek Streak already made a D League highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vl18P4-DcM

Banned

You mean the nigerian sesation?

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    You mean the nigerian sesation?

I've had my eye on the Nigerian Sensation for awhile now. I knew he'd make the big show at some point. Congrats on the promotion.

More like the Greek Shit Streak.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    More like the Greek Shit Streak.

Giannis has a better first name.

Banned

Doesn't even look close to having a 44 vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Doesn't even look close to having a 44 vertical.
    It's been said that he has been measured with a vertical at that height. He has had his head above the rim numerous times.