Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe sucks as a starting point guard

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    He doesn't suck. He is just too raw and has a lot to work on. Someone like an Eric Gordon/James Harden would be perfect next to him. A ball dominant two guard basically since Bledsoe's biggest contribution is his defense, rebounding (for his position) and hustle. He has also improved his three point shot (when he is open), greatly.

Now, some people did overrate him, but I still firmly believe he is in the discussion for the best backup point guard in the league with Jarrett Jack, Andre Miller, and, up to this point, Jose Calderon. Doesn't do as good as a starter but is perfect in 15-25 minutes.
    He's a 3rd year player who hasn't exactly had the best coaching to mentor/develop him. I agree he's the best backup PG along with Jack, Miller and Calderon which is nothing to scoff at. When he's playing well he's easily a top 15 PG... but he's clearly not quite ready to be a full time starter yet. I think if you put him with a coach like Pop, Adelman, Hollins etc he would explode.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Did I say PER? I said PER 36 which are adjusted numbers for minutes. Although Bledsoe's PER of 19 shits on Klay's pathetic PER of 13.5 (league average is 15). Klay is just a pretty subpar player. He's a brilliant shooter who can get hot at any time but he doesn't defend, doesn't rebound, doesn't pass and is streaky. Nothing laughable about it. What's crazy is Eric Bledsoe in literally about HALF the minutes played... already has the same win shares as Klay Thompson on the season.

Only reason I said I wanted him for Bledsoe is because the Clippers badly need a lights out shooter from 3 and Klay fills that need.
    You can use all the stats you want but Thompson is far more important to the GSW than Bledsoe ever will be to this Clippers team, Thompson provides floor spacing and allows guys like Lee, Curry and Landry to go one on one. While Bledsoe might have more skills hes not as a important player as Klay is.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I don't know how hard this is to understand, you are posting stats per 36 mins, the guy is only good playing spot minutes because his fundamental game sucks, he is a energy guy that is a POINT GUARD. He is basically Tony Allen that is small.
    He's a better rebounder, passer and defender than Klay and numbers don't need to be shared to prove it. Klay is NOT a better all around player than Eric Bledsoe this year, which was what you disagreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    You can use all the stats you want but Thompson is far more important to the GSW than Bledsoe ever will be to this Clippers team, Thompson provides floor spacing and allows guys like Lee, Curry and Landry to go one on one. While Bledsoe might have more skills hes not as a important player as Klay is.
    More important, possibly... but only because CP3 starts in front of Bledsoe and Bledsoe is a bench spark, not a 36 mpg starter like Klay. Bledsoe's all around impact on games is leaps and bounds better though and a few rough games lately doesn't change that. His defense is always elite, his rebounding is always there. Klay either shoots well or vanishes completely because he can't do anything else.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Bled has ALL the physical tools and NONE of the mental ones. Sad. At this point, he's either a slow learner or he'll never get it. I think he'll never get it but I'm hoping he's a slow learner. With CP and Chaunce there, he should be playing a lot smarter then he is. Those two are in his ear ALL throughout the game and god knows how much during practices and meetings for the past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by devin112
    Bled has ALL the physical tools and NONE of the mental ones. Sad. At this point, he's either a slow learner or he'll never get it. I think he'll never get it but I'm hoping he's a slow learner. With CP and Chaunce there, he should be playing a lot smarter then he is. Those two are in his ear ALL throughout the game and god knows how much during practices and meetings for the past 2 years.
    No doubt he would be considered an average IQ player at best, maybe low IQ. Then again Westbrook is a low IQ player and is a top 10 player and was a big part of his team getting to the finals so there is hope for Bledsoe.

He's a 3rd year player who hasn't exactly had the best coaching to mentor/develop him. I agree he's the best backup PG along with Jack, Miller and Calderon which is nothing to scoff at. When he's playing well he's easily a top 15 PG... but he's clearly not quite ready to be a full time starter yet. I think if you put him with a coach like Pop, Adelman, Hollins etc he would explode.
    No, he isn't.

Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley, Jrue Holiday, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon, Goran Dragic, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Tony Parker, Andre Miller, Maurice Williams, Brandon Jennings, Jason Kidd, Raymond Felton, CJ Watson, Stephon Curry, Jarrett Jack & Ricky Rubio, just off the top of my head, are all guys who are better, or are arguably better than Bledsoe. To say he's top 15 easily with all those guys is vastly overrating him. Arguably top 15, maybe, but not easily.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

More important, possibly... but only because CP3 starts in front of Bledsoe and Bledsoe is a bench spark, not a 36 mpg starter like Klay. Bledsoe's all around impact on games is leaps and bounds better though and a few rough games lately doesn't change that. His defense is always elite, his rebounding is always there. Klay either shoots well or vanishes completely because he can't do anything else.
    Klay Thompson without Curry there has gone beserk so the CP3 thing is kinda countered. The rest I agree with for the most part

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

DelusionalFan86

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    No, he isn't.

Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley, Jrue Holiday, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon, Goran Dragic, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Tony Parker, Andre Miller, Maurice Williams, Brandon Jennings, Jason Kidd, Raymond Felton, CJ Watson, Stephon Curry, Jarrett Jack & Ricky Rubio, just off the top of my head, are all guys who are better, or are arguably better than Bledsoe. To say he's top 15 easily with all those guys is vastly overrating him. Arguably top 15, maybe, but not easily.
    Read my post? WHEN BLEDSOE IS PLAYING WELL. When he's playing at his best he puts up stat lines I've seen from maybe 3 other PG's in the NBA.... CP3, Rondo and Lowry are the only ones who are capable of putting up his monster stat stuffing games. I didn't call him a top 15 PG.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Klay Thompson without Curry there has gone beserk so the CP3 thing is kinda countered. The rest I agree with for the most part
    Sorry you misunderstood me. I meant Klay is a full time starter, Bledsoe plays from behind somebody else so for that very reason Klay is a bigger part of GS's normal play/plan than Bledsoe for the Clippers probably. I wasn't implying Klay needs Curry or something.

hes a great defensive PG. as a backup he is perfect. he can exert all his energy into those 15-20 mins and being mr energy. as a starter, he is a project.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    DelusionalFan86
    ExposedBrandon. Tried to spew some random lies and bullshit like always until I brought context and all the quotes to prove your stupidity. Sad that a supposed pro player in Europe spends so much time and energy trolling a basketball forum.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

ExposedBrandon. Tried to spew some random lies and bullshit like always until I brought context and all the quotes to prove your stupidity. Sad that a supposed pro player in Europe spends so much time and energy trolling a basketball forum.
    I must have missed that, you brought per 36 minutes stats to a player that can only play 15 mins a game because anymore he is a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    hes a great defensive PG. as a backup he is perfect. he can exert all his energy into those 15-20 mins and being mr energy. as a starter, he is a project.
    Pretty much. Which is what I've thought all along despite being his biggest homer here. I never claimed he was already ready to carry a team as THE PG and run a team. He's still raw and as you said is more of a project.

My main complain has been that he needs more chances and minutes or should start OFF THE BALL next to CP3. It's sad that because he's a defensive+rebounding PG people just call him shit because he has bad offensive games. He's NOT a good scorer, although he can go off. He's a DEFENSE FIRST player.