Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Colby Brian
Banned
 
Colby Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,066
Default NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Active Players in Bold

Player, Team Opponent Date
=== ============ ======== ====

100 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia New York 3/2/1962
81 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Toronto 1/22/2006
78 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 12/8/1961 (3OT)
73 David Thompson, Denver Detroit 4/9/1978
73 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco New York 11/16/1962
73 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 1/13/1962
72 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco LA Lakers 11/3/1962
71 David Robinson, San Antonio LA Clippers 4/24/1994
71 Elgin Baylor, LA Lakers New York 11/15/1960
70 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Syracuse 3/10/1963
69 Michael Jordan, Chicago Cleveland 3/28/1990 (OT)
68 Pete Maravich, New Orleans New York 2/25/1977
68 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 12/16/1967
67 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco LA Lakers 1/11/1963
67 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia New York 2/25/1962
67 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 2/17/1962
67 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia New York 3/9/1961
66 Wilt Chamberlain, LA Lakers Phoenix 2/9/1969
65 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Portland 3/16/2007
65 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 2/7/1966
65 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 2/27/1962
65 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Cincinnati 2/13/1962
64 Michael Jordan, Chicago Orlando 1/16/1993 (OT)
64 Rick Barry, Golden State Portland 3/26/1974
64 Elgin Baylor, Minneapolis Boston 11/8/1959
63 Michael Jordan* April 20, 1986 Playoffs
63 George Gervin, San Antonio New Orleans 4/9/1978
63 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Philadelphia 11/26/1964
63 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco LA Lakers 12/14/1962
63 Jerry West, LA Lakers New York 1/17/1962
63 Elgin Baylor, LA Lakers Philadelphia 12/8/1961 (3OT)
63 Joe Fulks, Philadelphia Indiana 2/10/1949
62 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Dallas 12/20/2005
62 Tracy McGrady, Orlando Washington 3/10/2004
62 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Philadelphia 3/3/1966
62 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Cincinnati 11/15/1964
62 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco New York 1/29/1963
62 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Syracuse 1/21/1962 (OT)
62 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 1/17/1962 (OT)
62 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Boston 1/14/1962
61 Elgin Baylor* April 14, 1962 Playoffs
61 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers New York 2/2/2009
61 Shaquille O'Neal, LA Lakers LA Clippers 3/6/2000

61 Karl Malone, Utah Milwaukee 1/27/1990
61 Michael Jordan, Chicago Atlanta 4/16/1987
61 Michael Jordan, Chicago Detroit 3/4/1987 (OT)
61 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco St Louis 12/18/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Syracuse 12/11/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Cincinnati 11/21/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 2/28/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 2/22/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 12/9/1961
61 George Mikan, Minneapolis Rochester 1/20/1952 (2OT)
60 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Memphis 3/22/2007
60 Gilbert Arenas, Washington Los Angeles 12/17/2006 (OT)
60 Allen Iverson, Philadelphia Orlando 2/12/2005
60 Tom Chambers, Phoenix Seattle 3/24/1990
60 Larry Bird, Boston Atlanta 3/12/1985
60 Bernard King, New York New Jersey 12/25/1984
60 Wilt Chamberlain, LA Lakers Cincinnati 1/26/1969
60 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 12/29/1961
60 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 12/1/1961

Only four players have scored 60 points on more than one occasion:
Wilt Chamberlain 32 times,
Michael Jordan 5 times,
Kobe Bryant 5 times,
Elgin Baylor 4 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ints_in_a_game

Last edited by Colby Brian : 03-31-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
Heat007
Unguardable
 
Heat007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CHAMPIONSHIP CRUISE
Posts: 1,949
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

with 384738947 shot attempts.

a lot of players can score 80 with about 50 shot attempts... And NO Assists.. but other players aren't so selfish
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Brian
Active Players in Bold

Player, Team Opponent Date
=== ============ ======== ====

100 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia New York 3/2/1962
81 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Toronto 1/22/2006
78 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 12/8/1961 (3OT)
73 David Thompson, Denver Detroit 4/9/1978
73 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco New York 11/16/1962
73 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 1/13/1962
72 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco LA Lakers 11/3/1962
71 David Robinson, San Antonio LA Clippers 4/24/1994
71 Elgin Baylor, LA Lakers New York 11/15/1960
70 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Syracuse 3/10/1963
69 Michael Jordan, Chicago Cleveland 3/28/1990 (OT)
68 Pete Maravich, New Orleans New York 2/25/1977
68 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 12/16/1967
67 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco LA Lakers 1/11/1963
67 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia New York 2/25/1962
67 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 2/17/1962
67 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia New York 3/9/1961
66 Wilt Chamberlain, LA Lakers Phoenix 2/9/1969
65 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Portland 3/16/2007
65 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 2/7/1966
65 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 2/27/1962
65 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Cincinnati 2/13/1962
64 Michael Jordan, Chicago Orlando 1/16/1993 (OT)
64 Rick Barry, Golden State Portland 3/26/1974
64 Elgin Baylor, Minneapolis Boston 11/8/1959
63 George Gervin, San Antonio New Orleans 4/9/1978
63 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Philadelphia 11/26/1964
63 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco LA Lakers 12/14/1962
63 Jerry West, LA Lakers New York 1/17/1962
63 Elgin Baylor, LA Lakers Philadelphia 12/8/1961 (3OT)
63 Joe Fulks, Philadelphia Indiana 2/10/1949
62 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Dallas 12/20/2005
62 Tracy McGrady, Orlando Washington 3/10/2004
62 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Philadelphia 3/3/1966
62 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Cincinnati 11/15/1964
62 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco New York 1/29/1963
62 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Syracuse 1/21/1962 (OT)
62 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 1/17/1962 (OT)
62 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Boston 1/14/1962
61 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers New York 2/2/2009
61 Shaquille O'Neal, LA Lakers LA Clippers 3/6/2000

61 Karl Malone, Utah Milwaukee 1/27/1990
61 Michael Jordan, Chicago Atlanta 4/16/1987
61 Michael Jordan, Chicago Detroit 3/4/1987 (OT)
61 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco St Louis 12/18/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Syracuse 12/11/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, San Francisco Cincinnati 11/21/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 2/28/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia St Louis 2/22/1962
61 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia Chicago 12/9/1961
61 George Mikan, Minneapolis Rochester 1/20/1952 (2OT)
60 Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers Memphis 3/22/2007
60 Gilbert Arenas, Washington Los Angeles 12/17/2006 (OT)
60 Allen Iverson, Philadelphia Orlando 2/12/2005
60 Tom Chambers, Phoenix Seattle 3/24/1990
60 Larry Bird, Boston Atlanta 3/12/1985
60 Bernard King, New York New Jersey 12/25/1984
60 Wilt Chamberlain, LA Lakers Cincinnati 1/26/1969
60 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 12/29/1961
60 Wilt Chamberlain, Philadelphia LA Lakers 12/1/1961

Only four players have scored 60 points on more than one occasion:
Wilt Chamberlain 32 times,
Michael Jordan 5 times,
Kobe Bryant 5 times,
Elgin Baylor 4 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ints_in_a_game

Wilt has more 60+ point games than all of the rest of the players in NBA history...COMBINED!
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
SkyR#1fanCapCou
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 282
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
Wilt has more 60+ point games than all of the rest of the players in NBA history...COMBINED!

Wilt = GOAT
SkyR#1fanCapCou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
hkfosho
Local High School Star
 
hkfosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
Wilt has more 60+ point games than all of the rest of the players in NBA history...COMBINED!

talk about a weak era
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Heat007
Unguardable
 
Heat007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CHAMPIONSHIP CRUISE
Posts: 1,949
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Almost half of Kobe's 40 point games involved missing more shots than making them.

Kobe has also taken the most shot attempts EVER to score 50 points in a game.

Kobe is also the only player in history who failed to score 50 points when taking 45 or more shots...

and that's just the start to his pathetic shot jacking
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Colby Brian
Banned
 
Colby Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat007
with 384738947 shot attempts.

a lot of players can score 80 with about 50 shot attempts... And NO Assists.. but other players aren't so selfish

kobe never took 50 shots, quit hatin
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfosho
talk about a weak era

I know...Wilt played in an era that included Lovellette, Embry, Pettit, McAdoo, Cowens, Unseld, Hayes, Reed, Lucas, Bellamy, Thurmond, Lanier, Thurmond, Russell and Kareem...ALL in the HOF. He also faced 7-2 Artis Gilmore in an ABA-NBA all-star game, and in their limited minutes, he destroyed him.

BTW, using the current measuring system whereby players have been measured in shoes, and not the bare-footed way back in the 60's and 70's...you can probably add one to one-and-half inches to each of those players official height.

And that list does not include players like West, Oscar, Greer, Cunningham, Walker, Bing, Frazier, Maravich, Hudson, Barry, Dr. J, Hawkins, and Archibald, either.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
Heat007
Unguardable
 
Heat007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CHAMPIONSHIP CRUISE
Posts: 1,949
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Almost half of Kobe's 40 point games involved missing more shots than making them.

Kobe has also taken the most shot attempts EVER to score 50 points in a game.

Kobe is also the only player in history who failed to score 50 points when taking 45 or more shots...

and that's just the start to his pathetic shot jacking

The shot jacker

In NBA history, there are 13 50 point games with under 50% shooting, and Kobe Bryant is responsible for 6 of them.


Record in games with 30+ shot attempts
Michael Air Jordan: 72-57 (.558)
Kobe Bean Bryant: 46-61 (.368)
Michael Jordan shot his team to wins, Kobe Bryant shoots his team out of wins.

Regular season
Games with under 30% shooting
Michael Jordan: 41
Kobe Bryant: 97

Regular season
Games with under 35% shooting
Michael Jordan: 88
Kobe Bryant: 192

Kobe Bryant also has:
2nd worst known game score for a player scoring 10+ points. (5-21 shooting)
2nd worst known game score for a player scoring 30+ points. (11-29)
Worst and 4th worst known game scores for a player scoring 40+ points. (17-47, 12-30)


and i can go on and on and on.... it's just getting started.

but you get the idea.
Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
PowerGlove
By Any Means
 
PowerGlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta/Toronto
Posts: 9,611
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
I know...Wilt played in an era that included Lovellette, Embry, Pettit, McAdoo, Cowens, Unseld, Hayes, Reed, Lucas, Bellamy, Thurmond, Lanier, Thurmond, Russell and Kareem...ALL in the HOF. He also faced 7-2 Artis Gilmore in an ABA-NBA all-star game, and in their limited minutes, he destroyed him.

BTW, using the current measuring system whereby players have been measured in shoes, and not the bare-footed way back in the 60's and 70's...you can probably add one to one-and-half inches to each of those players official height.

And that list does not include players like West, Oscar, Greer, Cunningham, Walker, Bing, Frazier, Maravich, Hudson, Barry, Dr. J, Hawkins, and Archibald, either.
I used to hate your posts about Wilt...until I started reading them fully and googling names I'm not too familiar with. Keep it up man.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!
 
Quizno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 4,090
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat007
with 384738947 shot attempts.

a lot of players can score 80 with about 50 shot attempts... And NO Assists.. but other players aren't so selfish
false
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
I used to hate your posts about Wilt...until I started reading them fully and googling names I'm not too familiar with. Keep it up man.

Thanks man. You are probably among the very few here who take the time to read through all of them.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
Mark Madsen
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 346
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Kobe 17-47
Mark Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
Colby Brian
Banned
 
Colby Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

kobes 60 point games stats

60 vs grizzles - 20/37 fg
61 vs knicks - 19-31 fg
62 vs mavs - 18/31 fg
65 vs blazers - 23/39 fg
81 vs raptors - 28/46 fg

tmacs 62 point game - 20/37 fg

shaqs 61 point game - 24/35 fg

arenas' 60 point game - 17/32 fg
Colby Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: NBA All-Time 60-Point Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby Brian
kobes 60 point games stats

60 vs grizzles - 20/37 fg
61 vs knicks - 19-31 fg
62 vs mavs - 18/31 fg
65 vs blazers - 23/39 fg
81 vs raptors - 28/46 fg

tmacs 62 point game - 20/37 fg

shaqs 61 point game - 24/35 fg

arenas' 60 point game - 17/32 fg

Kobe's 62 point game has to rank among the greatest ever. He outscored the ENTIRE Mavs TEAM, which was 18-6 at the time, and would go on to the NBA Finals...in THREE quarters...and then pulled himself out.

Last edited by jlauber : 03-31-2011 at 08:52 PM.
jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy