Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #16
The Poet
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: "I'd be a bum." - Kobe after being asked what he would be if he weren't an NBA player

"Artest is a gorilla"

That's Racist!
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #17
KOLBCTEW
HellMaster

Default Re: "I'd be a bum." - Kobe after being asked what he would be if he weren't an NBA player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
I respect that answer better than Wade's answer to a similar question.

I mean I like Wade, but his answer was that he would be a model. I guess life has been so easy for him, blessed to be an NBA super star that he doesn't really have a concept of how hard life is.
You ever heard about his childhood?
KOLBCTEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Quote:
I respect that answer better than Wade's answer to a similar question.

I mean I like Wade, but his answer very seriously that he would be a model. I guess life has been so easy for him, blessed to be an NBA super star that he doesn't really have a concept of how hard life is.

Typical idiots of the fking ISH

did you see the 40 min documentary about him? It starts with his childhood
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #19
jstern
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
Typical idiots of the fking ISH

did you see the 40 min documentary about him? It starts with his childhood
No I did not see his documentary. Explain.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Quote:

from what i remember. Hi's father left when he was 4. He grew up in a crack neighboorhood with his sisters. His mother was selling crack. They eventually came into a money crisis so big, they had to move him away to his real dad when he was 12.

As he explains, he was very attached to his sister. His sister rbough him away at 12 and told him she would be back in a few days. She never returned.

From there on out, thing went a bit better. Started playing basketball with his 3 stepbrothers. Started playing ball in highschool and got back in touch after years with his sisters and mother. His mother got sent to jail afterwards and he could not concentrate a lot on his game after.

Then hi's grades were not good so he could not play ball for 1 year in college and had to be on the sidelines ( otherwise drafted in 2002? who knows).

I don't know how accurate this is, but D-wade did not have it easy at all. In fact, I believe 98% of the people on ISH had it better.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #21
ashbelly
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Wade grew up hard/grimey. Stop hating...
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #22
AMISTILLILL
Banned

So many grown ass men fawning after everything this guy says.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
dunksby
NBA Legend

Whats everyone's problem with him being honest?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
jstern
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
from what i remember. Hi's father left when he was 4. He grew up in a crack neighboorhood with his sisters. His mother was selling crack. They eventually came into a money crisis so big, they had to move him away to his real dad when he was 12.

As he explains, he was very attached to his sister. His sister rbough him away at 12 and told him she would be back in a few days. She never returned.

From there on out, thing went a bit better. Started playing basketball with his 3 stepbrothers. Started playing ball in highschool and got back in touch after years with his sisters and mother. His mother got sent to jail afterwards and he could not concentrate a lot on his game after.

Then hi's grades were not good so he could not play ball for 1 year in college and had to be on the sidelines ( otherwise drafted in 2002? who knows).

I don't know how accurate this is, but D-wade did not have it easy at all. In fact, I believe 98% of the people on ISH had it better.

I should have explained better, and I'm not hating, because Wade is one of my top favorite players.

But anyway, I had a horrible childhood, it sucked ass, but even if you're a poor kid from the ghetto, you just can't relate to having a job, and having to pay the bills. It's something that I learned when I 1st started working, that I can't really explain. And despite Wade's horrible life, he still had a potentially good future in basketball, so I just don't think he can relate, else he wouldn't make that comment as if it's just so easy. It's really all hard to explain my point.

In a sense it reminds me of once in a while when a rich person tries to live the life of a poor person, with a budget and everything. It's silly to me sometimes, because after the month is up, they get back to living how they were before, so they totally won't get a sense of that pressure that the average person has of having to pay the bills, and all the possible things that could go wrong, or that fear of not having money in the future. In a sense, a poor kid with poor parents can't relate to having to pay to the pressure of having to pay the bills, and think that once they have a job, life is great.

Edit: Not related to Wade, but where I'm getting at with the teenager, kids, even poor ones, is that even though they know working is not easy, they they don't really have a sense of all the factors that goes into being an adult and making a living. They want to work, and think once they have a job everything is going to be great. Not really considering certain factors.

Last edited by jstern : 03-31-2011 at 05:04 PM.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #25
KeyNote
KR∆PES

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
I thought Kobe was raised in Italy?

yea because everybody who lives in italy is super wealthy
KeyNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #26
For_Three
For 3!!

Why do people act like growing up with two parents and a nice life is an awful thing? lol wtf guys.

Wake the f uck up.
For_Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #27
pauk
NBA Legend

thats exactly how i feel about it to
play basketball or die tryin
if i dont become succesful and cant make a living out of it i wouldnt give a damn...... i would be a bum playing basketball outside 24/7.... i would be a HAPPY bum..... i dont care about cash.... i dont care about being rich... basketball is my sanctuary

cant imagine doing anything else than playing basketball... just cant... anything else would be a failure
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
rodman91
Bulls

Who cares if they grow up in poor or rich family.. All of them are rich now.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #29
LA_Showtime
Magic Johnson

Wow. He was clearly joking. Get over it. And you're hating on the reporter? Really?
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #30
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Clearly, this proves that Kobe is greater than Jordan. Jordan said he'd be a wino, but Kobe takes it to the next level and goes for full-blown homeless bum status.

Kobe > Jordan

Can it be any more obvious?

lolol. just kidding.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: