Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #151
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,726
Default Re: Rose MVP- as bad as Iverson's, both of Nash's, and Kidd's near win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
Good job you just described what it means to be a sports fan. Your thoughts are formed on reason and logic? Tell me what is logical about thinking Howard deserves the MVP when we've clearly established that the current criteria for MVP disproves that notion.

You yourself just said Rose will be MVP, but you don't believe he deserves it. So tell me, what is logical in your statement? The only factual statement within there is that Rose is MVP. It sounds to me like the part about you not believing he deserves it are your own emotions swayed to your desire, a... subconscious extension/ win for yourself and your Orlando team.

I would vote for LeBron to get MVP because he has a larger impact on the W/L column than any other player in the league. His presence is felt like no other. Dwight is second.

I'd like to see Dwight win it, but not if he doesn't deserve it, and you won't find a great number of posts of mine supporting Howard for MVP, if any, unlike ALMOST ALL of the Bulls fans here with Rose.

Last edited by Orlando Magic : 03-31-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #152
Glide2keva
NBA rookie of the year
 
Glide2keva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,747
Default Re: Rose MVP- as bad as Iverson's, both of Nash's, and Kidd's near win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
I would vote for LeBron to get MVP because he has a larger impact on the W/L column than any other player in the league. His presence is felt like no other. Dwight is second.

I'd like to see Dwight win it, but not if he doesn't deserve it, and you won't find a great number of posts of mine supporting Howard for MVP, if any, unlike ALMOST ALL of the Bulls fans here with Rose.
We're not being homers though. It just happens to coincide with our team's best player this time.

Most Bulls are good posters and if there was a clear favorite for MVP, other than Rose, none of us would have a problem saying so.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #153
GiveItToBurrito
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Rose MVP- as bad as Iverson's, both of Nash's, and Kidd's near win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
More of these topics.. Haters gotta deal with D-Rose being MVP, Deng on all defensive team, Rose all-NBA, Noah should be DPOY and Thibs Coach of the year..

Don't make me laugh Dwight mvp when he's 4th seed with a stacked team, get outta here
Might be over doing it a bit but you haters are pissing me off, just deal with the fact that Rose is playing MVP ball, watch games, don't just check the box score.

I guess "stacked" just means "filled with guys people have heard of but aren't any good any more". A team like Denver or San Antonio is stacked, Orlando just has a bunch of guys who are washed up or mediocre. Like Hollinger said, name one guy on the Magic other than Howard who's better than the fourth best player on the Bulls? And none of their guys defend.

I don't understand this need to bash people who use stats - basically evidence - when they're making an argument, too. I mean, do people really think that Hollinger, Dean Oliver, Pelton, etc. don't watch basketball games? Or that they only watch the nationally televised ones? Because I can guarantee you, they watch as many games as anyone else, they just use advanced statistics - not b.s. stuff like PPG or blocks per game or something, but things that are weighted for pace, incorporate defense, team performance, etc. - to back up arguments that a lot of people who aren't statistically minded would also make. By the way, if you want to see how this stats vs non-stats debate ends, check out the way baseball teams are run these days. Hollinger isn't infallible, but he knows a hell of a lot about basketball and I'd take him over some guy like David Kahn who doesn't believe in stats any day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #154
OriginalNameGuy
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 293
Default Re: Rose MVP- as bad as Iverson's, both of Nash's, and Kidd's near win

Anyone that thinks the Magic would still be a playoff team without Dwight, please pass me some of what you are smoking. Anchor of the defense and their only consistent scorer. That team is ass without Dwight, its not 08 anymore folks the guys around him have not been that great
OriginalNameGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #155
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,790
Default Re: Rose MVP- as bad as Iverson's, both of Nash's, and Kidd's near win

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidrage
The article point was that people are voting for the story line.

Rose's improvement from last year to this is not as big as the Bulls improvement.
Rose is avg 5 more a game, but he's shooting a worse % then last year (but a large amount). He's assists and rebounds are up, so are his turnovers.

The article also points out the Bulls don't seem to suffer when he's off the floor. They still have a large differential when he's out of the game.

The most noteable improvement in Rose's game from last year to this year is
1) He takes more shots
2) He has a better finisher/shooter in Boozer


Everyone knows Dwight is the real MVP and it's the Rose story that has won him the award. Hollinger is right once again. The fact that his research and stats doesn't coincide with everyone's presupposed love fest for their favorite teams is the only reason people don't like him.

If that is what you and Hollinger and others think fine.

I disagree.

Stats are nice but they cannot tell the tale of the season like watching the games...

Everyone is not enamored by Rose's story to the point of being blind to a handful of players and their brilliance.

Be real with me man.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #156
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,790
Default Re: Rose MVP- as bad as Iverson's, both of Nash's, and Kidd's near win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
The Murph defends Rose, just so you know.
the murph ain't half bad I agree.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #157
sillyrbbt_11
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 43
Default Re: Rose MVP- as bad as Iverson's, both of Nash's, and Kidd's near win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
You forgot Allen Iverson's 42% field goal percentage. Nice.

Shaq begs to differ that AI was the MVP.

28.7 ppg on 57% shooting, 12.7 rpg, 3.7 apg, 2.8 bpg

not saying anything neg about Shaq but that year Iverson was the most valuable to any team especially considering they ended up winning 56 games with his as their only scoring option basically
sillyrbbt_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy