Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #46
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Let's remember Allen Iverson for these moments

this is how he should be remembered. the irrational iverson hate on this board is insane, during the early sixer days he was probably the most popular player in the league, he was my favorite player for many years, everyone rooted for a.i and he brought street game to the league like no other player ever has. the guy was the greatest highlight reel the nba had till vince came along. his scoring and ball handling(greatest ever) ability was unparalleled and just beautiful to watch.

for some reason people on this board think its cool to hate on a.i, mainly the idiotic kids that never saw him play tho....
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #47
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Iverson WAS on of the best players but his fall from grace was sadly epic. Sorry to say but it will overshadow his career from now on.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #48
Ne 1
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Iverson WAS on of the best players but his fall from grace was sadly epic. Sorry to say but it will overshadow his career from now on.

Maybe it will overshadow him, but players are usually judged and remembers for their prime years.

But yeah, sadly there will probably be a lot of people who just remember the awful way his career ended and-or his "practice" rant.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #49
get these NETS
you can't stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
Well, I don't think they were a loaded team by any stretch, but I still think they were a great defensive and rebounding team, which was ideal for AI's playing style.

They were role players, but good defensive minded role players that flourished under Larry Brown. Think of similar to the mid 00's Pistons that were always contending (won a championship, 2 Finals and several trips to the Conference Finals) without a true superstar on the team but they were a great team because they were a defensive power house.

You can't neglect the fact that basketball is played on both ends of the floor.

Don't get me wrong Iverson was a scoring machine and had a lot of heart, but I just disagree with the notion that the Sixers were just a team full of bums that were only good because of AI.

They lost the ring because, as well as they played team defense, when it counted these grown men...pro basketball players couldn't hit wide open shots.

Iverson drew so much defensive attention that at various times Eric Snow and other perimeter players were unguarded.
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #50
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner

This is EXACTLY why I'm making these threads from now on. To remind us that these greats who fall from grace.. were still greats. We can't get caught up remembering them for the meltdown or late career antics when they had such epic careers.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #51
silenc
Not airballing my layups anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tb4c...eature=related
silenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #52
Rasheed1
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
They lost the ring because, as well as they played team defense, when it counted these grown men...pro basketball players couldn't hit wide open shots.

Iverson drew so much defensive attention that at various times Eric Snow and other perimeter players were unguarded.

the only player who could be trusted to hit a jumper on that 6er team was McKie...

Snow was usually terrible.. but his on ball defense and team leadership was great..

Ty hill? couldnt hit water from a boat... He was a rebounder and a trashman though

Mutombo was erratic.. he would get comfortable with his sky hook once in a while, and I remember LB forcing him the ball waay too much in the post... But he was one hell of a rebounder and he helped AI by covering the paint while Iverson played the passing lanes

George Lynch... we called him 'nails' ..... he was a hard core defender but he wasnt a scorer... he played hard but couldnt shoot.. one of my favorite guys on that team

kukoc was great when he was here, but LB hated him because he played no D.. I remember one game we were down by 2 with the clock running out... Kukoc caught it on the baseline in the far corner and instead of shooting to tie, he tried to step behind the 3 and win the game .... LB went ballistic

I dont even think Kukoc got the ball outta his hand in time...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: