Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

You guys need to stick to watching more and offering less scenarios. Any of you saying Blake for Howard don't understand that trades have WAY more going on than talent. Dwight is a locker room cancer and would destroy the family environment this team has created. Not to mention he can walk in free agency and is not looking the same after back surgery. If Dwight was so great Lakers fans wouldn't already be fed up with his shit.

Madsen hunger is easy to guage. It's the guy in the gym before everybody else daily and the last to leave. Kemp and Amare were never that guy, Blake is. Not to mention Blake has a more unique and special skillset to begin with. Basketball IQ and court vision weren't strengths of either. Stop comparing just because they are elite dunkers.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You guys need to stick to watching more and offering less scenarios. Any of you saying Blake for Howard don't understand that trades have WAY more going on than talent. Dwight is a locker room cancer and would destroy the family environment this team has created. Not to mention he can walk in free agency and is not looking the same after back surgery. If Dwight was so great Lakers fans wouldn't already be fed up with his shit.

Madsen hunger is easy to guage. It's the guy in the gym before everybody else daily and the last to leave. Kemp and Amare were never that guy, Blake is. Not to mention Blake has a more unique and special skillset to begin with. Basketball IQ and court vision weren't strengths of either. Stop comparing just because they are elite dunkers.
    Amare and Griffins game are similar griffin is a better passer but amare hiys his fts, their offensive game and liability on defense is very similar.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Griffin is young and isn't even finished developing yet.

good ol amare and his lazy work ethic the other day

Amare's work ethic has been significantly better in NY. Blake as a rookie was already one of the hardest working players in the NBA.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Amare's work ethic has been significantly better in NY. Blake as a rookie was already one of the hardest working players in the NBA.
    I was always curious how the hell anyone not with the organization would know how hard someone works? Because of people inside the organization saying it? Of course they are going to say that about their own players. People read stuff on forums and assume its true or listen to "clippers" insider saying stuff even though it could be made up.

Just like Griffin's injury of course Clipper people are going to say he tore something when it simply was never true, he was benched in the playoffs because he was getting worked.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I was always curious how the hell anyone not with the organization would know how hard someone works? Because of people inside the organization saying it? Of course they are going to say that about their own players. People read stuff on forums and assume its true or listen to "clippers" insider saying stuff even though it could be made up.

Just like Griffin's injury of course Clipper people are going to say he tore something when it simply was never true, he was benched in the playoffs because he was getting worked.

This exactly. CF86 its disgusting how you devalue other players and their supposed "lack of work ethic" just to make BG look better.

CF86 you claimed that BG has been the first person in the gym and the last person to leave since his rookie year.. Do you know for a fact?

have you been to every clippers practice since BG's rookie year??

You sound like an idiot when you claim somebody like Amare, who has bounced back from numerous injuries has a "piss poor" work ethic

From Chris Kaman last week (someone who has no reason to be nice to Blake or the Clippers):

Let me tell you something, that guy works harder than anybody I’ve ever met — I’m talking about anybody I’ve ever met. He works harder than any of them,” Kaman said. “He comes back to the gym two and three times a day, he works the weights, he runs, the guy’s a freak. I don’t know how he can endure all that on his body, but he’s able to and he still comes out and he plays as hard as anybody I’ve ever seen for the 35 to 40 minutes he’s in the game.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...s-on-the-rise/

I was wondering when the Clippers will make the move. Let's face it, you know you have a PF who keeps declining since his rookie season, and you definitely want to trade him while he still has value. The way Blake Griffin degrades season after season makes it a rather urgent business, if you still wish to get some decent players from him.

I am pretty sure I already post this but the Clippers are not trading nothing. if you see the numbers and the minutes before Paul came to the team you can see it is getting worse thanks to him making the pass to everybody on the team and all of them getting their numbers.

BG numbers are good anyways, the only bad thing about him is his defense (getting better every year) and his Ft's.

He is still in his third year, he only needs time to become better.

[QUOTE=Darius]From Chris Kaman last week (someone who has no reason to be nice to Blake or the Clippers):

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    And he has played with Elton Brand, who some called the hardest working power forward at the time to bot.

And I also just love how madsen keeps ignoring my posts.
    what's the point of addressing you?

you talk yourself in circles.

You tell me that we can't factor in Smith's likeliness to resign in LA because some things that are "likely" to happen don't happen.

Well if we're not factoring in stuff that we believe is "likely" to happen, then we shouldn't factor in BG's potential b/c his potential is "likely" and not fact.

Obviously in a real life trade, potential is a huge factor, just like the possibility of player A resigning is a huge factor in a trade.

And if your reading comprehension was up to par you would have noticed that this entire thread is based of the premise that BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team and that the Clippers should focus on builiding around CP3, reassuring he signs and tryin to win a Championship with CP3 while they can.

So, if you're still confused..

Premise:Clippers want to focus on Cp3 & make sure he resigns. They best way to do that is to build the team around him and give him the pieces to compete for a title right away. BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team, so instead of waiting around on him to develope into that player, they should use his enormous trade value (some have even said in this very thread that he is considered "untouchable" so his trade value might as well be unlimited) and bring in the pieces that make the LAC title ready.

So, with that in mind, considering how well CP3 was able to do with the likes of Tyson Chandler & David West, i suggested as the first POSSIBLE trade scenerio be for an All star Power Forwad & and All star Center. Smith/Horford.

I'm not saying the Clippers should actually do this, i'm sure they want Blake on their team for his marketability alone forever, however, if they decided to make CP3 the face of the franchise & try to appease him and put the pieces around him to win a title before he turns 30 then trading BG for a boatload of talent or one or two great players, would be good way to go.

Blake with yet another 20/10/3 game in not too many minutes. I agree great time to trade him.

Madsen if the Clippers had to choose between Griffin and CP3 they are choosing Griffin as they should. He's their true and original "franchise" player. Not the best yet but the guy who really turned this franchise around and is easily the most marketable. Griffin easily gets the loudest applause during intros, not CP3.

Bottom line is the team would dump CP3 to make Griffin happy before they would dump Griffin to make CP3 happy or more successful in your little fantasy scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    what's the point of addressing you?

you talk yourself in circles.

You tell me that we can't factor in Smith's likeliness to resign in LA because some things that are "likely" to happen don't happen.

Well if we're not factoring in stuff that we believe is "likely" to happen, then we shouldn't factor in BG's potential b/c his potential is "likely" and not fact.

Obviously in a real life trade, potential is a huge factor, just like the possibility of player A resigning is a huge factor in a trade.

And if your reading comprehension was up to par you would have noticed that this entire thread is based of the premise that BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team and that the Clippers should focus on builiding around CP3, reassuring he signs and tryin to win a Championship with CP3 while they can.

So, if you're still confused..

Premise:Clippers want to focus on Cp3 & make sure he resigns. They best way to do that is to build the team around him and give him the pieces to compete for a title right away. BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team, so instead of waiting around on him to develope into that player, they should use his enormous trade value (some have even said in this very thread that he is considered "untouchable" so his trade value might as well be unlimited) and bring in the pieces that make the LAC title ready.

So, with that in mind, considering how well CP3 was able to do with the likes of Tyson Chandler & David West, i suggested as the first POSSIBLE trade scenerio be for an All star Power Forwad & and All star Center. Smith/Horford.

I'm not saying the Clippers should actually do this, i'm sure they want Blake on their team for his marketability alone forever, however, if they decided to make CP3 the face of the franchise & try to appease him and put the pieces around him to win a title before he turns 30 then trading BG for a boatload of talent or one or two great players, would be good way to go.

I lack reading comprehension yet you are the one that can't comprehend the fact that the scenario you are claiming to be likely has ZERO backup and I have provided factual events which many claimed to be likely which ended up being incorrect?

And on top of that, you keep saying ignore potential. Well that is fine and dandy as I have mentioned other reasons Clippers turn it down (contract, marketability, cohesiveness, etc.), yet you keep going back to potential and ignore the rest.

Let me try to make this easier for you to understand. Take away the potential, Blake still is the better player, who brings in more money due to his Mozgoving and his exposure when it comes to traveling time, and already has cohesiveness with Paul, Crawford, Vinny and everyone else.

Get it now? Or do I need to gift you a copy of hooked-on-phonics?

B-b-b-b-ut Smith is likely to resign in LA and potential doesn't matter....
    Last edited by qrich; 12-12-2012 at 01:47 AM.