Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default are we gonna act like anthony bennett hasnt made a shot in 3 games

its not like hes a raw defensive center/shot blocker either

he's a scorer

just a tip btw.. i'm canadian and never have been a homer for players from my country. i always said nash robbed 2 mvps.

so believe me when i say that nobody from canada even really knew this guy existed before he got drafted. and most people who know anything about basketball only knew about andrew wiggins.

this bennett guy is a nobody up here.

i know its early but i think he's a bust in the making. too overweight. too short. no real role on his team.

Back to Business

Default Re: are we gonna act like anthony bennett hasnt made a shot in 3 games

Damn kid its 3 games. Chill...chill. No im not a bennett fan...and yes i think he didnt deserve that number 1 pick,but noel tore his acl and the cavs kinda had no choice but to pick him or waste a pick on another wingman when they already deep there.Second....nash didnt rob anybody for those 2 mvps. If anything kobe robbed cp3 for his. Steve nash joind the suns and took them from worst to first instantly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    Damn kid its 3 games. Chill...chill. No im not a bennett fan...and yes i think he didnt deserve that number 1 pick,but noel tore his acl and the cavs kinda had no choice but to pick him or waste a pick on another wingman when they already deep there.Second....nash didnt rob anybody for those 2 mvps. If anything kobe robbed cp3 for his. Steve nash joind the suns and took them from worst to first instantly.

pretty sure hindsight has proven who the better player was between

shaq/nash in 2005

( hense the 2006 title )

and

kobe/nash in 2006

( hense the 2009 and 2010 titles )

with nash trying to latch onto kobe at the very end of his career to somehow get a free ring gifted to him

then the whole kobe making nash cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWGXKA0I_Q

and almost beating a stacked phoenix team with nothing but kwame and smush beside him

how anyone can win mvp with 15ppg is beyond me

as for the whole "amare was injured" crap... well kobe didnt have an amare to get injured.. nore did he have shawn marion averaging 22/12 with elite defense as amares replacement as the 1st option on phoenix

give me a god damn break. nash would play his little 33-35 minute games

while kobe had to play 41-42 minutes and drop 35ppg just to beat average teams

kobe was infinitely more valuable to the lakers

the suns without nash would have still been a playoff team

the lakers without kobe in 2006 would have won 10 games

Decent playground baller dilley's Avatar

Yes, we are gonna act like Anthony Bennett hasn't made a shot in 3 games.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

why do you care kenneth, you traded him away to me you piece of shit

The bigger question is, are we going to act like Cleveland threw away their #1 pick to tank for Wiggins?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i'm canadian
    Oh great... now the forum can use your stupid ass as a representation of Canada.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Yeah it sucks.

To be fair this is a guy who had the offense running through him at UNLV and was taking more than 12 shots a game, now he's taking 3 or 4 shots a game and most of them are 3's.

He needs to get back into a rhythm and he hasn't really gotten the touches to do it. Being out of shape doesn't help.

His rebounding and D look good (defense was a major concern pre-draft) but watching him struggle with the jumper is super frustrating.

I'm not concerned but Fat Antwan needs to start getting it in gear and shake off the nervousness.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dilley
    Yes, we are gonna act like Anthony Bennett hasn't made a shot in 3 games.
    Why are you acting like that?

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I'm more worried about whatever is going on with Kyrie at this point.

Bennett is a rookie, out of shape, and coming off a shoulder injury. I don't expect him to look good out there yet.

Irving seems totally out of rhythm though, and my only guess is it's due to playing under Brown in a new system. Brown is probably telling him to pass more, score less, etc, and it's made Irving more tentative offensively. A few times he's looked like a chicken running around with it's head cut off out there.

I'm not too worried yet 3 games into the season, but hopefully we can get our act together soon!

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Are we gonna act like OP doesn't lack basic grammar and comprehension skills?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    its not like hes a raw defensive center/shot blocker either

he's a scorer

just a tip btw.. i'm canadian and never have been a homer for players from my country. i always said nash robbed 2 mvps.

so believe me when i say that nobody from canada even really knew this guy existed before he got drafted. and most people who know anything about basketball only knew about andrew wiggins.

this bennett guy is a nobody up here.

i know its early but i think he's a bust in the making. too overweight. too short. no real role on his team.
    You wouldn't give two shits about Nash's MVPs if you didn't think Kobe deserved both of them. So don't try and use that bullshit to try and convince us of you objectivity.