Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is sharing personal stories not appropriate on here?

I guess my schtick is sharing some detailed personal accounts on here with some social interactions. But for some reason I seem to get some backlash about it.

First off, what I do is come up with a scenario. I relate that scenario to a personal interaction I've had. I just assume most, if not all of you can relate to a situation I've encountered. I think the only difference is I tend to go into more detail about it. But I don't make it exclusive to me and open all to share detailed experiences. (draz seems to be the only other homie that likes to share these accounts)

This seems to bother some of you. Some of you go as far as to think these situations seem to carry some long term negative effect on me. I ensure you, these negative interactions are few and far between. I have a happy life, yet most don't acknowledge that because those accounts of my life cannot be criticized. It's easier to pick out the negative than to praise the positive. That's how people are hardwired

At the end of the day, as much as I share these personal stories, what you think, or how you feel about them or me do not affect the outcome of what happens in my life. Through anonymity these are just stories from a random fellow about faceless people you will never engage with in real life. So what is the big deal? This is an open court discussion board. Don't I have the right to spice it up? For some reason they do engage in long interesting discussions. So why not just let it be? Anyways, thoughts are welcome

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Is sharing personal stories not appropriate on here?

na you have good threads fam

dont trip

No matter what you post there will always be some people who lash out for whatever reason. Just post what you want and live your life. You should invite us all over and share your beer generously.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    na you have good threads fam

dont trip

Dub Nation reppin

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    No matter what you post there will always be some people who lash out for whatever reason. Just post what you want and live your life. You should invite us all over and share your beer generously.
    Lol, I find it weird. Like these anonymous stories seem to irritate people. Most of the time I find people will react differently due to.me posting as opposed to the situation

98% of the people on the board, I enjoy the conversation with. The other 2%, I usually just ignore or actually place on ignore.

I share stories on here, it's all in good fun. Nobody knows me personally, but if you wanted to hunt me down and stalk me, it probably wouldn't be that hard.

Do what you do, man. It's nice to hear stories from different posters with different perspectives.

Some people take everything personal and cry about every ****ing thing in the world. People like you and me, it rolls off our backs. I enjoy my life as well, and couldn't ask for anything more. You have to appreciate what you've got and if you do that, you're ahead of the game.

Of course its appropriate to share personal stories here.

Its also appropriate to post your thoughts and reactions to someone elses shared stories.

I dont see what the problem is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Of course its appropriate to share personal stories here.

Its also appropriate to post your thoughts and reactions to someone elses shared stories.

I dont see what the problem is here.
    The problem is some people have shitty lives and think because their life sucks, everyone's life must suck, but by reading these stories, they realize that not everyone's life sucks as much as theirs does, so these people will try to rationalize why they hate you.

NBA Legend

Keep sharin, homie

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Everything gets backlash in here...that's what ISH is...a shark pool of posters waiting for an opening to call someone a f@ggot.

It's what sets ISH apart though...I post on other sites and the bulk of shit in here would get you banned there. It has its pluses, but the minuses are trolls that never go away. If you create a thread in here you just have to always be prepared to get called out, when has anyone ever made a thread in here that resulted in nothing but "compliments"?

I've read "OP is a f@ggot" a million times...I've read "OP is a genius" zero times.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    The problem is some people have shitty lives and think because their life sucks, everyone's life must suck, but by reading these stories, they realize that not everyone's life sucks as much as theirs does, so these people will try to rationalize why they hate you.

Like I said, I dont see any problem.

If you think they are angry because they have shitty lives then dont let their opinions bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Everything gets backlash in here...that's what ISH is...a shark pool of posters waiting for an opening to call someone a f@ggot.

It's what sets ISH apart though...I post on other sites and the bulk of shit in here would get you banned there. It has its pluses, but the minuses are trolls that never go away. If you create a thread in here you just have to always be prepared to get called out, when has anyone ever made a thread in here that resulted in nothing but "compliments"?

I've read "OP is a f@ggot" a million times...I've read "OP is a genius" zero times.

this f[COLOR="black"]ag[/COLOR]got nailed it.

hateraid you have been posting here for at least 10 years, you should know how this place works by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners

this f[COLOR="black"]ag[/COLOR]got nailed it.

hateraid you have been posting here for at least 10 years, you should know how this place works by now.
    Lol, actually it's quite different from 10 years ago. There weren't as many trolls on here. You can have a thread that can be a rational entertaining conversation without a hitch. Nowadays you can't have one thread without a callout even if it's from the most rational poster on the most rational topic. I'm actually surprised the thread went this far without a "OP is a fagghet" comment.

but I agree with you in a sense is if you share a personal experience, then people have a right to comment on it however they want. which is fine, I guess I've noticed more posters attacking me as opposed to the situation. Like if I had no intentions of being mad, sad, or indifferent, I will be attacked as such, regardless of story.

$hit... I'd rather talk about personal things on a message board
    as opposed to Facebook where everybody I know can read it.

I think we have a pretty good balance here at ISH where it's ok
    to post a few personal stories, or personal experiences...

But if you're writing about good experiences... it comes off
    as bragging...

if you're writing about negative experiences... it comes off
    as being a pussy.

And if you're asking for advice... you come off as an idiot.

That's my 2 cents... or what I've experienced.

So... post at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Keep sharin, homie
    who says I'm stopping?
    Part of the fun now is it annoys some posters. That's a bonus!