Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Do you take back beer you brought over as a guest?

Over the weekend I invited a friend over to watch the Cavs/Raps game. He brings over a 4 pack of beer. He puts it in the fridge and I suggest to drink mine because it's already cold. So we polish of 4 each of my beer and decide to go play pool since the game was over. We decide to leave his beer there so when we're done we can have night cap beers when we get home. We go to the pool hall, which I pay, I buy us 3 rounds and he bought none. We finish up and head back to my house. By then we're cashed and don't feel like having another one. I call it a night and my buddy does too, takes off to go home. Next morning I look in the fridge and he took his beer with him.

Now I don't feel obligated to his beer, but wouldn't it be a good gesture to leave the beer behind as a thank you for your hospitality? Or even as a gift offering when you come over like a bottle of wine? Thoughts?

Default Re: Do you take back beer you brought over as a guest?

Your friend is cheap af, I hate people like that. Honestly that says soooo much about him, especially the fact that you drove to the pool hall, you payed for all 3 rounds, and yall were drinking your beer AT YOUR HOUSE. After all that the dude has the nerve to take his sorry ass 4 pack home? **** him. It's not like he brought an 18 pack or something big, that shit probably cost him $10 bucks at the gas station.

To him, his $1 is worth more than your $10. People like that should be dropped like flies man, he ain't worth shit. Punk ass dude.

NBA Legend

I have a couple friends with whom I'd do somethin like this (altho not if theyd also paid for a bunch of pool rounds and beers at the bar) just because they they know Im on a pretty tight budget and that I typically try to pay my share when we hang out but sometimes have to squeeze a bit. Maybe he's on a tight budget and just wanted to grab it so he can bring it over next weekend as a thanks for you supplying brews this time, rather than have you use them this week and him having to buy another one next time.

It all just depends on circumstance. Cant really judge it on this one incident alone, have to consider it in a greater context of what you know about the guy, which obviously is info we dont have access to.

Of course not, that's wack.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I have a couple friends with whom I'd do somethin like this (altho not if theyd also paid for a bunch of pool rounds and beers at the bar) just because they they know Im on a pretty tight budget and that I typically try to pay my share when we hang out but sometimes have to squeeze a bit. Maybe he's on a tight budget and just wanted to grab it so he can bring it over next weekend as a thanks for you supplying brews this time, rather than have you use them this week and him having to buy another one next time.

It all just depends on circumstance. Cant really judge it on this one incident alone, have to consider it in a greater context of what you know about the guy, which obviously is info we dont have access to.
    Regardless of the scenario isn't a gesture of hospitality? You bring something to someone's house as a thank you for having me over. Otherwise don't bring anything at all. What if that was a bag of chips? Or a cake? If it's unopened or uneaten would you take it home?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Regardless of the scenario isn't a gesture of hospitality? You bring something to someone's house as a thank you for having me over. Otherwise don't bring anything at all. What if that was a bag of chips? Or a cake? If it's unopened or uneaten would you take it home?
    When I've been on tight budgets aka broke and brought over something like beer or chips, While it may have been tempting to take it especially if it was unopened, I never did it because it's a lack of respek. Once you brig something to someone's home, it is theirs now. No take backs.

I wouldn't take back beer or average wine, but if I bring over a bottle of decent bourbon I take it with me.

NBA Legend

I think bringing somethin over as a gift is typically done in more formal occasions, when a host may have spent time cooking a big meal for a gathering, or is providing refreshments for a large number of people, or arranging a bunch of details for a get together, with lots of dishes and cleanup to be done afterward etc. Usually IMO just having a friend over to watch a game doesn't necessitate a hospitality present.

As I said, maybe he brought the beers in case you didn't have any stocked at the moment, but since you did he figured he'd take them home and just bring the beers again next time. Or maybe he's just an outright cheapskate, I think there's really no way to know based off a single incident.

Over the weekend I invited a friend over to watch the Cavs/Raps game. He brings over a 4 pack of beer. He puts it in the fridge and I suggest to drink mine because it's already cold. So we polish of 4 each of my beer and decide to go play pool since the game was over. We decide to leave his beer there so when we're done we can have night cap beers when we get home. We go to the pool hall, which I pay, I buy us 3 rounds and he bought none. We finish up and head back to my house. By then we're cashed and don't feel like having another one. I call it a night and my buddy does too, takes off to go home. Next morning I look in the fridge and he took his beer with him.

Now I don't feel obligated to his beer, but wouldn't it be a good gesture to leave the beer behind as a thank you for your hospitality? Or even as a gift offering when you come over like a bottle of wine? Thoughts?
    Wine is different. I don't drink a whole lot, but I always take my leftover beer if there's more than one or two left.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I think bringing somethin over as a gift is typically done in more formal occasions, when a host may have spent time cooking a big meal for a gathering, or is providing refreshments for a large number of people, or arranging a bunch of details for a get together, with lots of dishes and cleanup to be done afterward etc. Usually IMO just having a friend over to watch a game doesn't necessitate a hospitality present.

As I said, maybe he brought the beers in case you didn't have any stocked at the moment, but since you did he figured he'd take them home and just bring the beers again next time. Or maybe he's just an outright cheapskate, I think there's really no way to know based off a single incident.
    What's up, guy? Where ya been?

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Wine is different. I don't drink a whole lot, but I always take my leftover beer if there's more than one or two left.
    Hell yea bro, you'd be crazy leaving $7 worth of beer at your friends house for him to enjoy, better take it for yourself.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

You have more money than him.

And you let him drive home drunk or at least over the legal limit.

Neither one of you are good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Hell yea bro, you'd be crazy leaving $7 worth of beer at your friends house for him to enjoy, better take it for yourself.

That's super tacky. Especially since he was drinking on your dollar all night? Wow

only 2 ways about this...........
    1. he