Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Observations of Lebron's game

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I'm fully aware, just checking your temp. You seem a bit ill, somehow excluding mj from a stat aware group. They all are in some way or another. Some more than others, and some care about areas others dont.
    What matters is the time he won dumby.

3ball, i hope you realise that feeling the need to express the same contempt for one player and/or your partisan Jordan > assumptions since February 2014 with all your 6,657 posts shows only unhealthy Jordan bigotry and hence lack of appreciation for great basketball ability that may come from somewhere else & hence the game of basketball itself.... its called insecurity / envy as fan of not basketball, but one man, all in honor of one man...

...considering there is only one player you ever show/showed that contempt for of any player in NBA history it means you think that players basketball ability is the only one that intimidates...

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    What matters is the time he won dumby.
    This, is what's known as cherry picking.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

3ball, i hope you realise that feeling the need to express the same contempt for one player and/or your partisan Jordan > assumptions since February 2014 with all your 6,657 posts shows only unhealthy Jordan bigotry and hence lack of appreciation for great basketball ability that may come from somewhere else & hence the game of basketball itself.... its called insecurity / envy as fan of not basketball, but one man, all in honor of one man...

...considering there is only one player you ever show/showed that contempt for of any player in NBA history it means you think that players basketball ability is the only one that intimidates...
    the difference is that i can actually ball and i've played against a lot of guys you see on tv.. against someone like you, i'd dunk all over you (both via chest-to-chest and after a blow-by/ankle break) and abuse you worse than anyone's ever abused you at anything in your entire life.

from what i can tell, none of you guys know what that's like.. i use this knowledge and experience when evaluating the game, past and present.

that's how i know ball-dominance is suboptimal - like, I was watching the 2011 Finals with my sister, and it hit me - this ***** can't operate without a live dribble.. he sucks.. i told my sister about it and she actually understood what i was saying (unlike you guys).. now guys like gilbert arenas are saying the same thing 4 years later.
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-27-2015 at 01:18 AM.

3ball, do you spend as much time chasing skirts as you do making all the lebron* hating threads?

I mean, even I cant be bothered to shit on LeBron* this much.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy

So, again, you couldn't have been more wrong about LeBron's style of play leading to underachieving offenses and ORtg
    No one is arguing that Lebron's teams have bad ORtg's.. The argument is that Lebron's playing style prevents his team from using optimal strategy (like the Spurs or Warriors), which causes team underachievement - underachievement is the argument, not ORtg.. The Heat can have a satisfactory ORtg and still be losing and/or underachieving given their talent.

From 2009-2011, Lebron's team was the favored 1-seed and had equal talent to the opponent that beat them (they also had equal talent in 2014) - but team chemistry and their brand of basketball was inferior to the opponent each time.. As the franchise player, Lebron and his one-dimensional, ball-dominant style is the biggest factor affecting chemistry and the brand of basketball his teams are capable of.

Ray allen's walk-off in 2013 merely postponed a trend where opposing teams play a superior brand of basketball that dooms Lebron's team to a loss, thus rendering his stats empty - they're empty whether he takes a passive 17 fga on all 3-and-D to protect efficiency (2014 Finals), or whether he doubles the fga to 34, but the additional isolations and midrange required of high volume shooting tanks his efficiency (2015 Finals).
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-27-2015 at 06:26 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    This, is what's known as cherry picking.
    Lol i said foregone dumby

Banned

isolation game is overrated unless you are mj or dirk or kd or king or even bird but lebron doesnt have a great j and basketball is never one on one at the rim

need to have one if you are gonna post unless you have a pet move like a hook or wheel and under and he doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Jackson

isolation game is overrated unless you are mj or dirk or kd or king or even bird but lebron doesnt have a great j and basketball is never one on one at the rim

need to have one if you are gonna post unless you have a pet move like a hook or wheel and under and he doesnt

but in today's game it can be 1 on 0, since defenders must help from outside the paint, due to spacing and defensive 3 seconds.

so quick players in today's game have the opportunity to beat the help defense to the rim, whereas this wasn't possible in previous eras, since defenders could WAIT in the paint and under the rim.

Obviously, if there were no 3-pointers, today's 3-pointers/layups strategy (3-and-D) doesn't work - however, the strategy also needs 3-pointers to open it up and create greater potential for the layups portion of the shot allocation strategy.. Today's defensive 3 seconds rule helps to clear the lane for greater layup potential, in addition to the aforementioned spacing.
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-27-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    but in today's game it can be 1 on 0, since defenders must help from outside the paint, due to spacing and defensive 3 seconds.

so quick players in today's game have the opportunity to beat the help defense to the rim, whereas this wasn't possible in previous eras, since defenders could WAIT in the paint and under the rim.
    they still get there in time no team leaves the rim open even with these sissy stretch 4s there is always someone

it was better back when stars had to navigate through herds though i give you that

was pure artistry on the court watching mj make his way through

and even if kids dont know he didnt have to just weave because he could POWER IT DOWN on any big man

they still get there in time no team leaves the rim open even with these sissy stretch 4s there is always someone

it was better back when stars had to navigate through herds though i give you that
    Exactly, because even though today's defenders can "get there in time", that's not as good as being there waiting, where there is no chance you can be late.

Today's spacing and defensive 3 seconds keep the paint open for most of the possession, so quicker players have more opportunity game to beat the help defense to the rim.. The hand-check ban makes it even easier.

Quick sidenote on related topic - obviously, if there were no 3-pointers, today's 3-pointers/layups strategy (3-and-D) wouldn't work - however, the strategy also needs 3-pointers to open it up and create greater potential for the layups portion of the shot allocation strategy..

Today's defensive 3 seconds rule helps to clear the lane for greater layup potential as well, in addition to the aforementioned spacing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Exactly, because even though today's defenders can "get there in time", that's not as good as being there waiting, where there is no chance you can be late.

Today's spacing and defensive 3 seconds keep the paint open for most of the possession, so quicker players have more opportunity in today's game to beat the help defense to the rim.. The hand-check ban makes it even easier.

Quick sidenote on related topic - obviously, if there were no 3-pointers, today's 3-pointers/layups strategy (3-and-D) wouldn't work - however, the strategy also needs 3-pointers to open it up and create greater potential for the layups portion of the shot allocation strategy..

Today's defensive 3 seconds rule helps to clear the lane for greater layup potential as well, in addition to the aforementioned spacing.
    the 3 pointer is a sissy shot

everybody back then used to call it one

NOBODY respects it

hand check ban is shit back in the 70s it was allowed and they limited it then

theyve limited it TWO MORE TIMES since then WHAT BULLSHIT

you are a good poster you and warriorfan are the only two on here who know how it is

the 3 pointer is a sissy shot

everybody back then used to call it one

NOBODY respects it
    the 3-pointer opens up the court for wider driving lanes, which has helped the efficiency of screen-roll/drive-and-kick.. The wider driving lanes coupled with the extra point provided by the 3-pointer on each conversion, has increased the efficiency on drive-and-kick so much that today's game is now based on it.

However, in the 80's, there was little or no 3-point shooting, so drive-and-kick wasn't worthwhile or used much - that's how we know Lebron would be worse in the 80's - without screen-roll/drive-and-kick being a primary option, the only options left are things he's average to bad at: midrange, off-ball, isolation and post play.

you are a good poster you and warriorfan are the only two on here who know how it is
    It's remarkable how important a midrange game is - Lebron's lack of midrange ability doesn't only make him worse in the 80's.. It also makes him incapable of having good efficiency at higher shot volumes, since additional mid-range is required of high volume shooters (you can't get 30 fga per game on all 3-and-D).

Of course, Lebron's inability to shoot well at high volumes means he doesn't require double-teaming - what's the danger in letting Lebron shoot a lot at 39%?.. His inability to command a double-team uncomplicates the opponent's defense and makes him highly exploitable.. He might be able to beat lesser teams with horrible efficiency, but it's not good enough to beat championship-level teams - championship teams aren't championship teams by letting someone beat them shooting 39%.
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-27-2015 at 08:51 PM.