Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

Default 2014-2015 Premier Predictions, Rankings AKA The Thing I Eventually Stop Updating

Let's kick it off with some rankings, in the form of quotations (if I can think of enough quotes)

1. 313 - (0-0-0) - "To be the Man, You've Gotta Beat the Man" - Ric Flair

2. iamgine - (0-0-0) - "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

3. Keep Floatin - (0-0-0) - "Big time players, make big time plays" - Unknown

4. D.R.A.K.E. (0-0-0) - "Consistent Action creates Consistent Results" - Some Bitch

5. Pocahontas (0-0-0) - "Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski

6. Dream Team (0-0-0) -"We have been declared war upon. We are the enemy of the state." - Terrell Suggs

7. NJ3MVP @NavidsWorld (0-0-0) - "LeBron is your meal ticket to the playoffs, don't screw it up" - Pistol Pete

8. TysonChandlerParsons (0-0-0) - Being underrated gave me the time to create it." -Xzibit

9. Overdosed (0-0-0) -"Young people are in a condition like permanent intoxication, because youth is sweet and they are growing." - Aristotle

10. Rameek's Year (0-0-0)- "Cause I be ridin, switchin lanes, cruisin real slow
    Working up the fast lane, puffing on a 'dro
    You're looking like I'm the one that cha wanna get to know
    Until you get the green light, it's not cha time to go, so ya" -Wait, What, I Don't Know

Default Re: 2014-2015 Premier Predictions, Rankings AKA The Thing I Eventually Stop Updating

11. G-train (0-0-0) - "The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence." - Confucius

12. Big Poppa PUMPIN (0-0-0) -"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection" -Mark Twain

13. sizz (0-0-0) - "Show Me. Don't tell me." -Unknown

14. Team OJ Mayo (0-0-0) -"If you really believe in what you're doing, work hard, take nothing personally and if something blocks one route, find another. Never give up." -Lauire Notaro

Default Re: 2014-2015 Premier Predictions, Rankings AKA The Thing I Eventually Stop Updating

Some week 1 predictions, based upon absolutely nothing (quite literally, didn't check schedules), but who doesn't love reading predictions

D.R.A.K.E. defeats TEAM OJ Mayo
    G-Train defeats Overdosed
    Keep Floatin defeats sizz
    Big Poppa PUMPIN defeats 313
    NJ3 MVP @NavidsWorld defeats Rameek's Year
    Iamgine defeats Pocahontas
    TysonChandlerParsons defeats Dream Team

2014-2015 Fantasy MVP: Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
    2014-2015 Fantasy MIP: Chris Bosh, Miami Heat

Biggest Gamble of the Draft: Kevin Durant #3 Overall
    Biggest Steal of the Draft: Isaiah Thomas, #93 Overall

Wheres the playoff predictions?

Okay, time for some actual analysis this time.

A quick review of Week 1 predictions (bold denotes correct prediction):

D.R.A.K.E. defeats TEAM OJ Mayo
    G-Train defeats Overdosed
    Keep Floatin defeats sizz
    Big Poppa PUMPIN defeats 313
    NJ3 MVP @NavidsWorld defeats Rameek's Year
    Iamgine defeats Pocahontas
    TysonChandlerParsons defeats Dream Team

2014-2015 Fantasy MVP: Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
    2014-2015 Fantasy MIP: Chris Bosh, Miami Heat

Biggest Gamble of the Draft: Kevin Durant #3 Overall
    Biggest Steal of the Draft: Isaiah Thomas, #93 Overall
    Thus far, my player picks are pinpoint, Bosh and Anthony Davis are off to amazing starts, Isaiah Thomas (although limited by minutes/role) has been very efficient.

Onto the Power Rankings:

1. 313 (Last Week: #1) 5-4-0 - The Champ stay The Champ. Kicked it off with a super tight matchup (won categories with +5 points, +4 assists, +3 steals, +6 threes) and got blown out in everything else. But any week where 313 can stay ahead while Durant (and Oladipo) recovers is a huge week. 313 will have an interesting 'crossroads' decision as the team sported a 58% FT this week and I'm unsure whether Durant can fix that mess, ultimately I think Durant ends up getting moved because his value is easier to recoup then the likes of Dwight, Nerlens Noel, etc.

2. iamgine (Last Week #2) 5-4-0 - iamgine kicked it off where he left off, hitting some threes, doing well in guard statistics and getting railed in big categories (to be fair, almost stole blocks). This team doesn't appear to be as powerful as years past, but the consistency has never been a problem, iamgine will hardly ever be blown out and should continue to rack up close wins.

3. Keep Floatin (Last Week #3) 8-1-0 - Keep Floatin had a huge week 1, which will be needed with the unfortunate loss of the Russell Westbrook. It's hard to read a lot into this result because sizz is absolutely brutal. Keep Floatin FT% was awful (70.1%) but still good enough to win. With the loss of Westbrook, the team is left with only Teague as a traditional point, will need Tyreke to step up his dimes to fill the void, this is a forward/big heavy team who just lost his key cog in the backcourt, struggles could ensure.

4. D.R.A.K.E. (Last Week #4) 5-4-0 - D.R.A.K.E. opened up his quest for ring #4 with a tight, competitive matchup with lilojmayo. Trailing for most of the week, a strong weekend pushed D.R.A.K.E. over the top to a comfortable 5-4 win. The returns of Kawhi Leonard and Reggie Jackson should help as Week 2 presents a stiffer test. Improvement in the backcourt will be needed to jump into title contention as this roster seems a big too excessive at the center position with 3PT and AST clear weakness.

5. Dream Team (Last Week #6) 7-2-0 - Dream Team gets a 1 spot bump for a solid 7-2 win over TysonChandlerParsons. It was a solid opening week for the man with the golden plan, although his overall numbers were nothing out of ordinary. Right now this roster is getting a huge boost from Brandon Knight and Terrence Jones. It will need Deandre Jordan and Andre Drummond to step up in a big way if it hopes to deliver on the guarantees previously made. Long term, there may some weakness at the PG when Knight inevitably cools off.

6. Pocahontas (Last Week #5) 4-5-0 - Dropped a tight matchup to iamgine but I'm still a believer in the talent on this roster as the highest ranked team who lost their week 1 matchup. Demarcus Cousins, Nikola Vucevic, Joe Johnson, and Gordon Hayward had big weeks and the pickup of Perry Jones III should provide a huge boost in the short run. This roster has depth, talent and is pretty well balanced. Like many others, Pocahontas should be on the hunt for a point guard to compliment Kyrie Irving, seems to be the one noticeable absence on this well composed roster.

7. Rameek's Year! (Last Week #10) 6-3-0 - A very very strong week 1 performance by Rameek's Year! who dropped 40 threes and over 550 points in a shortened week. It's hard to find weakness in any of the totals put up this past week, of particular dominance was the threeheaded monster of Rudy Gay, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Blake Griffin. This team has a very solid core but I still have questions about the #9-13 range of the roster. If Rameek's Year! can sustain this type of performance, the eventual return of Bradley Beal will provide a big boost. A very impressive Week 1 and a "sleeper" team to watch out for in the coming weeks.

Rankings 8-14 and Week 2 predictions to follow.

8. G-train (Last Week #11) 6-3-0 - Another team which put up a huge week 1. Chris Bosh has been an absolute monster through the first 3 games for G-train. It's impressive to take 6 categories when Kevin Love was virtually irrelevant in the overall picture. G-train will need more from Lance Stephenson, Goran Dragic and a few of his supporting pieces if the winning ways are to continue, but it was a great beginning.

9. NJ3MVP @NavidsWorld (Last Week #7) 3-6-0 - Dropped a tough week 1 loss to Rameek's Year!, but I still believe in the power of LeBron James. James wasn't his usually stat stuffing self in the first week and that should eventually sort itself out. Nicolas Batum has been a severe disappointment through the first 3 games, a bounceback from him will be critical to getting into the winning columns. Overall, the roster should be worthy of challenging for a playoff spot, simply a week 1 slip up in my opinion.

10. TysonChandlerParson (Last Week #8) 2-7-0 - A disappointing week 1 performance from TysonChandlerParsons but not something I believe will occur regularly. This roster struggled carrying injuries of Nick Young, Patrick Beverley, and (Josh McRoberts, effectively). With McRoberts back, these next few weeks will be huge on which way this team is going to go. Quite simply, right now the supporting cast has been atrocious - Giannis, Henson, Avery Bradley, Enes Kanter (along with Nick Young/Beverley/McRoberts) are not rosterable at their current levels of production, TysonChandlerParsons will need 3-4 of these to pan out if he hopes to make a playoff run... atleast the Mavericks in real life are looking very strong and dangerous!

11. Overdosed (Last Week #9) 3-6-0 - Getting carried by my fantasy MVP choice (and the #1 player of last week) Anthony Davis, but also getting absurd production from the #3 overall player, Klay Thompson. Savvy sleeper production from Overdosed staple Larry Sanders and Mirza Teletovic. How does this team lose with these guys exploding? Elfrid Payton, Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, Marcus Smart are 4, unrosterable black holes (thats wacist) in a cast littered with top 75 production. It's inexcusable to allow this to occur, Overdosed will need these guys to get it together or he must cut bait as the core is way too strong to waste.

12. Big Poppa Pumpin (Last Week #12) 4-5-0 - Dropped a tight one to defending champ 313 in the battle of the injuries. Quite simply, I'm not sure this roster is capable of surviving injuries to MCW, Lamb, and George Hill (and now Amir Johnson is banged up). Derrick Favors and Chris Paul had monster weeks and Big Poppa Pumpin franchise player Al Horford has gotten off to a great start coming off injury, but this many injuries along with the end of the roster depth pieces contributing little will make it tough to stay above water, health is paramount.

13. Team OJ Mayo (Last Week #14) 4-5-0 - Dropped a tight contest to D.R.A.K.E. in which he led most of the week. This roster is razor thin with 4 main cogs in Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Kobe Bryant, and Damian Lillard. The obvious problem in this strategy is that Rose/Bryant/Wade are injury prone/aging/injury prone+aging, and with no preseason top 100 pieces supporting them, the strategy is too volatile in my opinion. Adjustment will be needed, but perhaps the quick start of OJ Mayo, Nene Hilario, Marcus Morris can provide an opportunity in the trade market. For certain, Team OJ Mayo will need Derrick Rose playing at an MVP level, and not injured, to make any ground in his playoff chase.

14. sizz (Last Week #13) 1-8-0 - What can you really say? I hate to pile on but this roster is bad. Although inactivity has been a staple, this wasn't the roster sizz drafted, and it's questionable whether he'll invest the time to fixing the mess. Injuries to Calderon, Brook Lopez, and David West handicapped his week 1 production and right now this is about a 4-5 man team. The roster is extremely big heavy (Jefferson, Ibaka, Lopez, Monroe plus forwards like Parsons, West, Pierce) and non existent in guards. sizz is going to have to make a huge effort to get this team on the right track, I hope I'm wrong but history tells us this effort won't happen, a long season and a probable bottom 2 finish await unless this turns around.

Week 2 Predictions

D.R.A.K.E. defeats Dream Team (Matchup of the Week)
    NJ3 MVP @Navidsworld defeats Overdosed
    Pocahontas defeats Keep Floatin
    313 defeats sizz
    Rameek's Year! defeats Team OJ Mayo
    iamgine defeats G-Train
    TysonChandlerParsons defeats Big Poppa Pumpin

Decent playground baller D.Z.W.'s Avatar

Damn, beautifully done, I missed Pete's power rankings so much

If only you guaranteed to write them every week, it would have definitely made my decision to return much easier

Although I have no idea why you guys let Sizz stay.. he doesn't even bother trying at all right?

Local High School Star

Good stuff! Very nicely put together. I'm thanking the fantasy gods right now as I get sizz this week so I should be looking alright when KD35 coming back as well as Oladipo. As for trading KD I don't think I'll do that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
    NJ3 MVP @Navidsworld defeats Overdosed

Week 3 Rankings and Predictions

1. 313 (Last Week #1, 5-4-0, 10-8-0)

Well, 313 hasn't done anything remarkable, and he's played weak competition, but two weeks, two wins, two weeks closer to the return of Oladipo and Durant. Tony Wroten has been an absolute horse filling up every category (including turnovers). Sitting in a playoff spot after two weeks despite these injuries, 313 just needs to keep it going, avoid the blow out losses, bide his time, no matter how bad his opponents have been, it's hard not to be impressed with what he has done thus far. Shoutout Iman Shumpert.

2. iamgine (Last Week #2, 6-2-1, 11-6-1)

Another week, another win, this one more emphatic, James Harden is putting this team on his back. Near and dear to the heart of team iamgine, the life of Linsanity is dare I say, on the comeback trail. He'd provide a big boost relative to his draft position if he can capture the magic of his Knick days. It's hard to say a lot about this team, it puts up big numbers, it puts up 3s, it's really tough to beat, the consistency is remarkable.

3. Dream Team (Last Week #5, 5-4-0, 12-6-0)

Well, what else can be said? Dream Team jumped out to an early lead over yours truly, and I wasn't able to ever make up the gap. This was a clean 5-4 win, with victory really never in doubt with 5 dominant categories. Trevor Ariza jumped out with two huge games with the week and Stephen Curry was his usual strong self. This team is deep, talented, and putting up numbers. Andre Drummond, for all his potential, has been a disappointment thus far, but his emergence could take this team to another level. Congratulations on the win.

4. Rameek's Year (Last Week #7, 7-2-0, 13-5-0)

The man, the myth, the legend, hitting his stride, #1 in Premier Football, occupying the #1 spot in Premier Basketball through 2 weeks. It's hard not to be impressed with what has gone down through two dominant victories. Rudy Gay, Kyle Korver, LaMarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, and Blake Griffin have given Rameek's Year a “DZW”-esque core 5 that is carrying this roster. It is downright impressive that this team has jumped out to such a strong start while also holding onto Bradley Beal's injury. Keep it up old head.

5. Pocahontas (Last Week #6, 6-3-0, 10-8-0)

Boogie Cousins is bringing the heat and him teaming up with Vucevic is probably the best interior duo in the league right now. Chris Copeland is putting up big numbers but he should take a hit with the return of the David West this week. Gordon Hayward and JJ Redick filling the white guy quota nicely by filling up the board. This is a deep team, this is a roster I liked since the draft, and I'm not surprised to see the big guy rumbling up the board. This is a playoff team right now and I'd expect it to continue, there is some volatility in the roster but I'm buying.

6. Keep Floatin (Last Week #3, 3-6-0, 11-7-0)

After a big 8-1 win to open, took it on the chin this week, but it's hard to not see the impact of carrying Russell Westbrook's injury. Uncle Jeff Green has exploded with a new found aggressiveness but I think this team needs to address it's weakness inside. There are a lot of nice pieces, and like team 313, this will be about staying above water while Westbrook is hurt then making a run when he comes back. Unlikely, but while Westbrook is hurt, this team could use some production from Josh Smith and Eric Gordon, lol, you got Jeff Green, can't get all three.

7. D.R.A.K.E. (Last Week #4, 4-5-0, 9-9-0)

A disappointing loss but well deserved for D.R.A.K.E., didn't show up for the first half of the week and got what I deserved. Reggie Jackson has provided a big boost, and Demar Derozan and Pau Gasol has been everything I could hope for. For this team to turn it on, trades need to be made in deficient categories, and Kawhi Leonard (who showed signs of life last game) needs to take the leap back to his top 20-25 self. Rumours of his eye infection still bothering him are worrysome, but in the famous words of D.R.A.K.E., it always works out, keep calm, no panic, be cerebral.

Rankings 8-14 along with Week 3 predictions to follow...

8. Overdosed (Last Week #11, 5-3-1, 8-9-1)

Anthony Davis is an animal, Eric Bledsoe and Evan Fournier have provided some nice support. Overdosed has been active on the wire and made some nice pickups, but at the end of the day, I still don't see a sustained title run until he relinquishes control of the rookie fetish. Markieff Morris, Jared Sullinger, and Mirza Teletovic are the type of support pieces that this team should be targeting – not green rookies who are a year or two away. Still, with Anthony Davis as a focal point, this team will always have that title potential, he's a 9 category filler.

9. TysonChandlerParsons (Last Week #10, 6-3-0, 8-10-0)

A good rebound win from TysonChandlerParsons, thankfully. I believe in this roster so it was good to see a convincing win over an inferior opponent. This was an early must win for this squad. It's perfect that Dirk Nowitzki put the team on his back this week, Kyle Lowry also has put up some huge games, including a triple double. Early season disappointment Joakim Noah can push this team to another level if he's able to get back on track. The end of the bench depth pieces really need to step up as he's currently not getting enough from the likes of Afflalo, McRoberts, Henson, etc. Nevertheless, a win is a win, and TysonChandlerParsons is temporarily back on track.

10. G-Train (Last Week #8, 2-6-1, 8-9-1)

It's tough to drop when you put up a big week, and I slightly feel bad about dropping G-train this far in the rankings because losing to iamgine is pretty standard at this point. Despite the loss, I still love this roster, still love many of the pieces on the roster, and am a big believer in its potential, this squad is borderline 12 deep and Donald Sloan and Draymond Green have been huge in support. If they can sustain this when George Hill and David Lee (ideally to the bench) return, watch out, this team is ready to push forward.

11. NJ3 MVP @NavidsWorld (Last Week #9, 3-5-1, 6-11-1)

You can sum up the early season performance of this roster by saying LeBron is not currently LeBron. Jimmy Butler has provided huge numbers early but as the King goes, so will this roster. It's hard to really be critical when nearly everyone would have been thrilled to take LeBron #1 overall. Nicolas Batum has also been super disappointing, this roster's production has just been super disappointing, word of the week for NJ3 MVP @NavidsWorld, disappointing. It should turn around, but that assumes LeBron turns it on.

12. Big Poppa Pumpin (Last Week #12, 3-6-0, 7-11-0)

Another week, another pretty convincing loss, this team is the human injury bug right now and the roster isn't good enough to compensate. George Hill, Michael Carter-Williams, Amir Johnson, Ty Lawson, questionable depth pieces galore, Chris Paul and Al Horford not giving enough production, there are major problems all over right now. Big Poppa Pumpin badly needs healthy, and some breaks, to get things turned around, the nature of Premier League is that you can't afford to fall behind, so doing it quickly is important.

13. Team OJ Mayo (Last Week #13, 2-7-0, 6-12-0)

Damian Lillard stepped up, Kobe Bryant has been solid, Dwyane Wade was prime Wade, but bottom line though is, as currently constructed, this team cannot afford to miss Derrick Rose because the depth cannot make up for the missed production. This team badly needs Rose back in order to evaluate where the true holes are. As it stands, this is not a playoff team, and is a long way from contending for a title. If Team OJ Mayo can get all 4 stars playing at an elite level, and scheduling is kind, it's not outside the realm of possibility to defeat anyone, but that's merely a hope, and not a consistent threat at this point.

14. Sizz (Last Week #14, 4-5-0, 5-13-0)

Well, Al Jefferson and Serge Ibaka have been beasts. Chandler Parsons has been a dud, overall, his counting stats were actually respectable and maybe he deserved a slightly better fate, but at the end of the day, you can't lose to a guy who is basically just trying to survive right now. Two weeks in, this team is still headed south, at some point, a change of direction is needed, the roster as is won't get it done. David West will provide a boost if he's able to return this week.

Rameek's Year defeats D.R.A.K.E.
    Overdosed defeats Team OJ Mayo
    G-Train defeats Keep Floatin
    TysonChandlerParsons defeats sizz
    Pocahontas defeats 313
    Iamgine defeats NJ3 MVP @NavidsWorld
    Dream Team defeats Big Poppa Pumpin
    Last edited by Pistol Pete; 11-10-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Now you move me up.

Great rankings. I do think 7 is too high for a team that has split against the two worst teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Now you move me up.

Great rankings. I do think 7 is too high for a team that has split against the two worst teams in the league.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Down With 313!!!!

Lasted longer than expected.