Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Default Re: Which will end their career with the Heat? James, Wade, Bosh? [thread about loyalty]

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    That is entirely different, Shaq promised Miami a championship which they got. He then left once he was out of his prime. Lebron promised but never won. He then bailed at the age of 25 and in his prime.
    Shaq promised he'd "bring a championship to Miami" the first year. Sure, I guess he had a part to play in the 06 title. But RIGHT afterwards, he said that they'd win it again next year. Which is true if winning a championship means getting swept in the first round by a Bulls team that is inferior on paper than the present day ones.

Players are always guaranteeing things which they don't upkeep. LeBron's was just highlighted brighter than others because of the caliber of player that he was, on top of the fact that many took comfort for that to mean he wasn't leaving Cleveland.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Which will end their career with the Heat? James, Wade, Bosh? [thread about loyalty]

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I could see Lebron going to New York or Brooklyn after 6 years just cause of the same reasons people have always speculated. I would assume that by that time those teams would at least be one piece away from being contenders and that piece could be Lebron. They might already have Melo and/or CP3 there too (Amare as well, but he'll be old by then). I could also see him going to Chicago to play with Rose who will be in his prime by then. I definitely do not see him going to a small market though such as OKC or Portland regardless of how good they might be at that time.
    I can't. He would never be welcome in NY. Maybe Brooklyn, but he burned them too. Then again, Prokhorov has a hard on to be better than the Knicks, so he would probably swallow his pride and take him.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I can't. He would never be welcome in NY. Maybe Brooklyn, but he burned them too. Then again, Prokhorov has a hard on to be better than the Knicks, so he would probably swallow his pride and take him.
    Are you kidding me? Those teams are lottery teams with a slim chance of getting to the playoffs. The Knicks have been a laughing stock for a decade and the Nets just had one of the worst seasons ever and haven't done anything relevant since they made it to the Finals 7 years ago. Maybe right now they would act cold to Lebron, but if the opportunity was available, he'd be welcome with open arms by those teams. Same goes for Chicago. The only team that wouldn't welcome him is Cleveland, and thats mainly the fans. The organization may welcome him back with open arms as well.

Stay Strong Droth

LBJ should go back to Cleveland once his 6 yr deal is done. I know that might sound silly but think about the LBJ love then. It will be equal to the hate he is getting now.

Lebron will be about 31, still have some solid years left. I don't care what people say, if he said "I'm taking my talents to Cleveland" 6 yrs from now, that whole city will acept him with open arms.

Wade is the oldest of the 3, so he has the greatest chance to stay with Miami. But in all likelihood, they all retire members of the Heat.

Heat|Lakers|Celtics

I see Wade retiring with the Heat with Bosh and Lebron i think his career is going to be like Shaqs, going from team to team looking for rings, or go to the Lakers when kobe is gonna get kicked out.

They all are going to retire with the Heat. After they win multiple titles, it's not going to make sense to switch teams. They'll sign extensions and continue on being a contender until they retire. Very much like Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    They all are going to retire with the Heat. After they win multiple titles, it's not going to make sense to switch teams. They'll sign extensions and continue on being a contender until they retire. Very much like Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Another great post by niko

Not Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Can't see Kobe, Nash, Dirk, Pierce, Rose, Rondo, Pau, Deron Williams, or Gerald Wallace suiting up in another jersey off the top of my head.
    Nash = Lakers
    Pierce = Nets, Wizards then Clippers
    Rose = Knicks
    Rondo = Mavs, Kings & Bulls
    Pau = Bulls & Spurs
    D-Will = Nets & Mavs
    Gerald Wallace.. lol?
    Last edited by TheImmortal; 07-07-2016 at 01:08 PM.

I'm going with Bosh here.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    Nash = Lakers
    Rose = Knicks
    Pau = Bulls & Spurs
    D-Will = Nets & Mavs
    Gerald Wallace.. lol?
    at Gerald Wallace. How did he get in there

It's rare for a player in any of the major 3 US Sports to spend their career with one team. This is even more the case now with more freedom in free agency.

It's not uncommon at all for a great who is the "face" of a franchise to eventually spend the latter years of his career with another team. The player is old and declining, the team wants to rebuild, the player doesn't want to retire, so he plays elsewhere.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wade will. Maybe Bosh, doubt Bronzy does.

Can't see Kobe, Nash, Dirk, Pierce, Rose, Rondo, Pau, Deron Williams, or Gerald Wallace suiting up in another jersey off the top of my head.
    8/9. Better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortal
    Not Wade.

Nash = Lakers
    Rose = Knicks
    Pau = Bulls & Spurs
    D-Will = Nets & Mavs
    Gerald Wallace.. lol?

That guy on the first page is right. It's a business. Loyalty is just a word given by the media to players who are fortunate enough to play for a team that keeps their interests in mind for a very long time, whether it's money, locale, a chance to win or all three combined.

What a fail

I usually hit open layups

Many of those have already been wrong.