Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hannibal Buress vs Bill Cosby

Hannibal Buress has recently done a stand up bit about the beloved Coz. But it's not an Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock top bit. This bit gets serious. It's about rape. Not how would it be if rape a woman. Apparently he did, 13 times! WHAT! He's been accused of rape 13 times. Howhas anyone never known of this.

I wonder how this will go over with the black community? Some things are off limits. A young Chris Rock got a thrashing in his early daya for doing Miles Davis is so dark jokes and speakinf of Johnny Carson's illegitimate children. Katt Williams has been somewhat blackballed.

Bill Cosby has enough power to end Hannibal Buress' bright career. True or not, was this a smart move on Hannibal's part?

Default Re: Hannibal Buress vs Bill Cosby

You're retarded if you think Cosby can end anyone's career.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You're retarded if you think Cosby can end anyone's career.
    Lisa Bonet, remember her?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Lisa Bonet, remember her?
    Are you really that stupid?

Is it 1989? Is Hannibal Burress on a show starring Bill Cosby?

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Link? I doubt Bill Cosby cares though.
    It's been in the news this week. He's been doing the bit for about 6 months but someone recently recorded it and put it online. Outlets then picked it up.

Hannibal Buress ain't exactly a newcomer to the game, so I really don't think he can be blackballed at this point. Especially by someone who really hasn't been too relevant (comedically) in at least a decade.

It is what it is...there are no punches held in stand-up. Especially since Cosby puts out this air that he's such a wholesome person and has attacked other African Americans based on the way they talk and dress. Don't throw stones....

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Buress
    "It’s even worse because Bill Cosby has the f—ing smuggest old black man public persona that I hate,” Buress ranted. “He gets on TV, ‘Pull your pants up black people, I was on TV in the ‘80s. I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom.’ Yeah, but you rape women, Bill Cosby, so turn the crazy down a couple notches. ‘I don’t curse onstage.’ Well, yeah, you’re rapist, so I’ll take you saying lots of motherf—ers."
    I really don't think Buress was attacking Cosby because of what he did. It's the arrogance that he took exception to. But at the end of the day, if it makes people laugh, that's all that matters. That's the game. I'm a bit biased though, Hannibal's one of my favorite stand-up comedians.

Are you really that stupid?

Is it 1989? Is Hannibal Burress on a show starring Bill Cosby?
    Possibly.

Cosby is a pretty big name and she didn't work for a while. Others have been blackballed for much less.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Hannibal Buress ain't exactly a newcomer to the game, so I really don't think he can be blackballed at this point. Especially by someone who really hasn't been too relevant (comedically) in at least a decade.

It is what it is...there are no punches held in stand-up. Especially since Cosby puts out this air that he's such a wholesome person and has attacked other African Americans based on the way they talk and dress. Don't throw stones....

I really don't think Buress was attacking Cosby because of what he did. It's the arrogance that he took exception to. But at the end of the day, if it makes people laugh, that's all that matters. That's the game. I'm a bit biased though, Hannibal's one of my favorite stand-up comedians.
    True he used to get on Richard Pryor about his material. Told Eddie he didn't have to curse so much. Hated the Def Jam comics. He kills the young black community ever chance he gets. A lot of comics won't touch the subject because he's Bill Cosby comedic genius.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Possibly.

Cosby is a pretty big name and she didn't work for a while. Others have been blackballed for much less.
    Who? By whom? and for what?

He is damn near irrelevant outside of your parents. He had a hit show 25 years ago that is hardly even syndicated.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Bill Cosby has a lot of pull in the entertainment industry. Execs will be very afraid to cast Buress in anything. You cast Buress, then you want Cosby? You aren't going to get him and your whole project goes down the toilet. Big mistake, Hannibal.

Hannibal will be fine. He is well supported by a ton of big names in comedy and is very popular with fans. Nobody gives a shit about Bill Cosby.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Bill Cosby has a lot of pull in the entertainment industry. Execs will be very afraid to cast Buress in anything. You cast Buress, then you want Cosby? You aren't going to get him and your whole project goes down the toilet. Big mistake, Hannibal.
    You must be joking? What shows is Cosby appearing on? What is he promoting?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    I don't see this happening, dude.

Buress has two major Comedy Central specials. Writing credits for the most successful skit show ever, plus 30 Rock. He's hit almost every late night talk show there is to promote his stuff. Nominated for Emmys. Not to mention funny as ****.

This isn't some dude just going on stage and trying to make a few bucks. He's established, and has proved to be pretty dynamic with different roles he's taken in the industry.
    Last edited by code green; 10-22-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

We're talking about Bill Cosby here, he's a hot commodity. Studios are dying to make Ghost Dad 2 and don't want to cross him.

Who? By whom? and for what?

He is damn near irrelevant outside of your parents. He had a hit show 25 years ago that is hardly even syndicated.
    Cosby is a huge name in the comedy world. Since the early 60s. That show is usually ranked a top 5 sitcom all time (number 1 by a lot.)

Andrew Dice Clay
    Janet Jackson