Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron says 12' team beats Dream Team

Like I've already said. People over-rate the '92 Team because it was twenty years ago so everyone keeps thinking "legacy" standings. If you had an open tryout between the '92 team and the guys this year at least five guys from '12 would make the team.

Lebron says 12' team beats Dream Team
    Well duh!!! Of course a 12' team would beat the Dream Team. Holy shit, that's two feet higher than the rim!!! Who the f-ck can stop that?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    notice how no one gives a shit(media) when Lebron says it but when Kobe says it, it gets blown up.
    Yeah nobody cares when Lebron does or says anything.

Lebron needs to stfu. The only time he talks is when he teams up with other great teammates so he won't choke.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    They could stick LeBron on Magic, and Chris Paul would be matched up against John Stockton, either way, if they were to match up Magic Johnson wouldn't have a chance in hell to guard Chris Paul. Chris Paul wouldn't be able to guard Magic neither, but a 1992 Magic vs a 2012 CP3, CP3 wins.
    why is stockton starting? paul would have to guard magic or jordan...and either way it's a serious disadvantage for team 2012. on defense magic would probably be guarding kobe, and jordan would guard paul

it's a moot point though, because they could not start paul if magic was playing, even old limpy ass magic. the match-up problems are too great. lebron would have to run point, melo would start at 4, and then they could give the dream-team some problems.....1992 magic wouldn't last very long in that scenario. pippen would be off the bench pretty quick

Kobe is poisening LeBron's mind with this kind of bullshit.

Ewing and Robison would have field days

its pretty simple

better front court + best player on the court "MJ"= better team
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 07-27-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

They could stick LeBron on Magic, and Chris Paul would be matched up against John Stockton, either way, if they were to match up Magic Johnson wouldn't have a chance in hell to guard Chris Paul. Chris Paul wouldn't be able to guard Magic neither, but a 1992 Magic vs a 2012 CP3, CP3 wins.

Magic and Stockton wouldn't be on the court at the same time, so CP would be stuck guarding Magic and get killed offensively. Mismatches go both ways. I'll take the 1992 team, they were bigger, tougher, just as good defensively, and they were all good shooters from midrange. The only advantage I see on the 2012 team is 3-point shooting and speed. The 92 team wasn't exactly slow. People seem to forget that those guys were pretty quick and athletic in 92.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

The so-called 1992 "dominant bigs" will do what the Euros did to this USA team. Nothing. Nada. Old school ball is inferior basketball.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Well duh!!! Of course a 12' team would beat the Dream Team. Holy shit, that's two feet higher than the rim!!! Who the f-ck can stop that?
    LOL. I lol'd. :)

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

If Marion, Terry and Stevenson can turn LeBron into a mental midget, I can't imagine what Jordan, Stockton, Barkley, Bird will do to his psyche.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

About time someone else from that team backs up Kobe.

Lmao teams playing the 92' team were too busy getting autographs to even play. Seriously, that team had little competition. That's drastically changed in today's olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Like I've already said. People over-rate the '92 Team because it was twenty years ago so everyone keeps thinking "legacy" standings. If you had an open tryout between the '92 team and the guys this year at least five guys from '12 would make the team.
    I'll give you Laettner but what 4 players wouldn't make this squad?

1992 Magic vs a 2012 CP3, CP3 wins.

You're really showing your age with that comment.

It always amazes me that people on this board pretend they know something about a player they've never seen play.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    only bron & durant makes the team over laettner & bird.

and i'm certain kobe doesn't makes the team. you don't need kobe when you have MJ. 34 year old kobe would think he is still better than 29 year old MJ. much like how isiah got left off, kobe will be left off. people would fear that kobe would turn into a total cancer. this team really don't need a poorman's MJ.

charles was being generous saying that kobe would make the team. he certainly won't.

and the rest of 12 squad just isn't good enough.