Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Hornets will be Solid This Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo8
    have fun trying to play ryan anderson at the 3
    Maybe situationally at most.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Wizards > Hornets

Wall
    Beal
    Ariza
    NENE
    Okafor
    God this is dumb. Okafor and ariza don't scare ANYONE, especially hornets fans. Beal is as unproven as any other rookie. Nene? Whatever. Look, it's very easy to post opinions on how a team might be. And that's fine. But I'm ashamed that you guys call yourself nba fans. Give the team a god damn chance to perform before you start spouting off on how rivers can't do this and Anderson can't do that. The league is in flux. You need athletes at almost every position. We'll be fine. We're not winning anything anytime soon, but to write us off and call yourself an nba fan is contradictory. And you're not even taking into account Monty Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by hkc
    God this is dumb. Okafor and ariza don't scare ANYONE, especially hornets fans. Beal is as unproven as any other rookie. Nene? Whatever. Look, it's very easy to post opinions on how a team might be. And that's fine. But I'm ashamed that you guys call yourself nba fans. Give the team a god damn chance to perform before you start spouting off on how rivers can't do this and Anderson can't do that. The league is in flux. You need athletes at almost every position. We'll be fine. We're not winning anything anytime soon, but to write us off and call yourself an nba fan is contradictory. And you're not even taking into account Monty Williams.
    I agree with most of this

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by maxhornets
    I agree with most of this
    What don't you agree with my fellow Hornet? Discussion shall ensue..

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

9th seed at best

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Agreed. Not really Happy with the Rivers pick at all. Sorda wanted K.Marshall
    i always thought its better for the Suns and Hornets of they just swap Marshall and Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Ryan Anderson can play the 3???
    Well, sure, he can be a player on the court with "sf" by his name on the box score.

But he sure couldn't guard any opposing small forwards, even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by hkc
    What don't you agree with my fellow Hornet? Discussion shall ensue..
    Just the fact that you said some of these people shouldn't call themselves NBA fans because they are writing off other players. No-one should be writing off rivers ability to run the point, at this point as he hasn't even played an NBA game yet, but just cause someone does write him off (or another player) that doesn't make them less of an NBA fan. It's just there opinion. Everything else I agreed with

austin rivers suck

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    An ESPN writer wrote his thoughts about all the rookies in summer league and he said he was most surprised by Austin Rivers on how well he played the point. He said HE LOOKED LIKE A PURE PG OUT THERE. How unselfish he was and how he was always looking to get his teammates involved. Its a project for him to be a good PG I know but lets not act like he can't play it at all.
    Didn't he only play in two summer league games? In the one I watched he looked alright playing PG but didn't really do a whole lot for me in terms of eye-opening performance or anything

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    He's quick at getting to the rim, can hit a long jumper (he has a really good jumpshot), clutch, and we now know he can run point effectively. So yes there should be no worries about him as a PG
    [/QUOTE]

Did we watch the same Austin Rivers last year? He CAN have a good jumper but it's inconsistent. He's a streak shooter and I rarely saw him stop and pop from 15-18 feet. It was either a drive to the hole or three-pointer. I'm not saying he can't be a good shooter or develop a really good jump shot, but right now he is far from having a "really good jumpshot." Not to mention his form is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    i always thought its better for the Suns and Hornets of they just swap Marshall and Rivers
    I agree with this. New Orleans needed more help at PG and SF and instead took a 6'3" combo guard who's more of a SG than PG. Phoenix did need a PG because at the time they didn't know they'd get Dragic, but they needed more help at SG in my opinion. With Lillard gone, I thought Marshall would have been a great fit in New Orleans.

I like our line-up more:

Dragic / Marshall
    Brown / Redd
    Beasley / Dudley
    Scola / Morris
    Gortat / Frye

But who knows, new rosters take a while to gel before they're not playing like complete garbage...

I wish we could've gotten Gordon though...

You guys are bashing Rivers and he hasn't even played a game in the league yet. I'll admit I wasn't thrilled with the pick but Demps and Monty know what they are doing. Apparently they liked what they saw in workouts, they traded Jarrett Jack (solid starter) away for pretty much nothing. Let the 19 YEAR OLD play a game or two before you start bashing.

66.7 % of Hornets games were determined by less than 10 points last season. Now we have talent. Add that with Monty Williams coaching and a healthy Eric Gordon and playoffs might be a possibility (probably no higher than 7 seed)

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I agree with this. New Orleans needed more help at PG and SF and instead took a 6'3" combo guard who's more of a SG than PG. Phoenix did need a PG because at the time they didn't know they'd get Dragic, but they needed more help at SG in my opinion. With Lillard gone, I thought Marshall would have been a great fit in New Orleans.
    Vasquez is a solid big pg with great court vision, go look at his numbers when he plays over 30min this is with minimal talent all year also.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyRandolph
    Vasquez is a solid big pg with great court vision, go look at his numbers when he plays over 30min this is with minimal talent all year also.
    I keep forgetting they have Vasquez. I'd think/hope he's the starting PG to begin the season and, if Rivers shows promise, then move him into the starting lineup. But Vasquez had some nice moments/games off the bench in the WCF last year for Memphis.

And I'm well aware of his game. I'm a UNC fan and, every time they played Maryland, Vasquez went nuts.