Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

Default Re: Create the best possible diet

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

Venison (best animal protein in the world based on bio availability)
    Me and my friends were drinking beer and grilling some back straps off a deer I shot and this bearded, Rasta beanie-wearing friend of a roommate, who I never met before, walks up to me and matter-of-factly tells me, " I hope you know deer meat has no nutritional value whatsoever". I reply "That scientifically impossible"(admittedly ignorant on my part without a given explanation). Dude then tells me firmly, "You are wrong". So, a little annoyed at this guy for killing my beer buzz, I tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about and he storms off. And on his way out my buddy yells, "put some ketchup on it then you'll at least get your vitamin C!"(again a little ignorant because ketchup generally doesn't contain vitamin C).

Deer meat is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
    Me and my friends were drinking beer and grilling some back straps off a deer I shot and this bearded, Rasta beanie-wearing friend of a roommate, who I never met before, walks up to me and matter-of-factly tells me, " I hope you know deer meat has no nutritional value whatsoever". I reply "That scientifically impossible"(admittedly ignorant on my part without a given explanation). Dude then tells me firmly, "You are wrong". So, a little annoyed at this guy for killing my beer buzz, I tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about and he storms off. And on his way out my buddy yells, "put some ketchup on it then you'll at least get your vitamin C!"(again a little ignorant because ketchup generally doesn't contain vitamin C).

Deer meat is awesome.
    Venison is extremely low fat and actually the highest of any animal in heme iron, the bioavailable iron found in red meat. Out of any red meat source it is considered the healthiest

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Venison is extremely low fat and actually the highest of any animal in heme iron, the bioavailable iron found in red meat. Out of any red meat source it is considered the healthiest
    The fact that Venison is not popular in America is ****ing mindblowing we literally kill thousands a year to just control populations and its so healthy and so tasty but no one wants to ****ing eat it. They'll eat pink slime but not venison.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    The fact that Venison is not popular in America is ****ing mindblowing we literally kill thousands a year to just control populations and its so healthy and so tasty but no one wants to ****ing eat it. They'll eat pink slime but not venison.
    I'm pretty sure Americans kill and eat more deer(and elk) than anywhere on Earth

Love Live Life

Lot of people eat it down here in bama. I like it but it does have a weird taste.

I'm pretty sure Americans kill and eat more deer(and elk) than anywhere on Earth
    Yes, but I would wager that less than 10% of the population eats it. Outside of Colorado I have NEVER seen it on a menu

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    For all those trying to come up with the healthiest diet possible. Eggs have to be in there
    Eggs aren't that good for you if they're a huge part of your diet

Yes, but I would wager that less than 10% of the population eats it. Outside of Colorado I have NEVER seen it on a menu
    You are probably right and Canadians may eat more venison per capita but for sheer volume it has to be America followed by Russia or Canada.

You are probably right and Canadians may eat more venison per capita but for sheer volume it has to be America followed by Russia or Canada.
    True I agree with that, those northern lads like their antlered meats

Wait, I thought some fat is now considered good and high iron is not good for men. So a medium fat + low iron meat should be more ideal.

I believe it is illegal to sell venison in the majority of the US. So unless you hunt and kill your own (I do) or know a friend that does you don't have access to it.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I believe it is illegal to sell venison in the majority of the US. So unless you hunt and kill your own (I do) or know a friend that does you don't have access to it.
    you can kill all you want but you can't make use of it?

Quote Originally Posted by robert de niro
    you can kill all you want but you can't make use of it?
    You can't kill all you want. You have to wait for deer season and tag each harvested deer. Depending on where you hunt you may be able to kill 4-5 deer per year but most hunters get 1-2/

Water

Eggs

Turkey Bacon

Salmon

Blueberries

Broccoli

Greek Yogurt

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Pepper is a spice you nub.
    What do you think spices were used for traditionally you nub?
    You think I would make a comment about it if I had no clue what it does?
    http://bioperine.com/about-bioperine.html
    All spices have traditional medical purposes. Trikatu in India (commonly known as black pepper) was used to help support disgestion and nutrient absorption. Having it spice your food is a bonus to the herb
    You seem to get agitated a lot by things I post. What bothers you so much?