Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

Default Re: Why do people consider OKC title contenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    One of the best rosters in the NBA. Their only real flaw is a rookie coach from college.

That's why I got them at #4 seed, but still division winners. The team is good enough to win 45+ games w/o any coach. I don't think Donovan will bring that much to the table, not yet at least. But I may be wrong.
    Isn't having a rookie coach better than having a terrible coach?

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook0
    Isn't having a rookie coach better than having a terrible coach?
    good point

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

when you boast the best palyer in the league and the 2nd best pg in the league. you kind of should be expected to win. did anyone not expect kobe and shaq to win every single year they were together? (not saying KD&WB is shaq and kobe, but yea pretty much.)

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    when you boast the best palyer in the league and the 2nd best pg in the league. you kind of should be expected to win.
    I thought we were talking about OKC and not Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    They havent added anyone.. still just Russ+KD+garbage..

Spurs already whooped that ass 2 years ago, with an injured Tony and no LMA... ...

OKC is a second round exit as it stands

1 Finals appearance, multiple WC Finals appearances, 2 of the very best players in basketball in their primes, some good depth and role players. If healthy, I would be absolutely shocked if they didnt make it to the conference finals at minimum.

Dunking on everybody in the park

With a healthy KD and Westbrook they are title contenders off that alone. And they have decent bigs in Ibaka, Kanter, Adams and Collison. Throw Waiters in as someone who can score off the bench. I don't think it's accurate to call their roster outside of KD and Russ "garbage".

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    With a healthy KD and Westbrook they are title contenders off that alone. And they have decent bigs in Ibaka, Kanter, Adams and Collison. Throw Waiters in as someone who can score off the bench. I don't think it's accurate to call their roster outside of KD and Russ "garbage".

McGary is another guy that impressed me last year, another decent big off the bench if he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    It's not even a little bit accurate. As has already been pointed out a couple of times in the thread, this is OKC's best roster to date. This is the deepest and most balanced they've ever been behind Durant and Westbrook.

NBA lottery pick

They made all their moves last trade deadline

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Why do people ignore that this team made the WCF in 11, the finals in 12, got better on both sides of the ball in 13 before the WB injury, lost a coin flip series to the Spurs in 14 playing without Ibaka anywhere near 100%....

And now have the best roster they've had to date...especially if they can flip Waiters.

The reason people consider them contenders is because they've been legit contenders every season since 10 when healthy.
    Because people are stupid. Especially on this messageboard. They come here to troll not talk actual basketball. I don't think this gets spoken about enough, if Durant is healthy OKC has no excuses for not winning the championship this year. I don't see a more complete team in the league and roster wise they don't have a single weakness.