Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why Do People Call Rose Socially Awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    How does one "try hard" to be humble?

Not really surprising to see, coming from a Heat fan. Ignorance.
    Yes he does I've seen his interviews and he does try hard, he doesn't dance at an ALL-STAR GAME, then he calls himself a superstar and complains about not getting calls.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Yes he does I've seen his interviews and he does try hard, he doesn't dance at an ALL-STAR GAME, then he calls himself a superstar and complains about not getting calls.
    U kidding me man?! Dancing?! Who the fk cares?! Some people dont like to dance! Especially when you personally believe the guy near you dancing is a clown (Lebron). Would it bother you too if Rose didnt like Salsa with his tostitos? Because thats how arbitrary of an act dancing is.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    U kidding me man?! Dancing?! Who the fk cares?! Some people dont like to dance! Especially when you personally believe the guy near you dancing is a clown (Lebron). Would it bother you too if Rose didnt like Salsa with his tostitos? Because thats how arbitrary of an act dancing is.
    Well that "clown" shut him down and all the other starters were dancing except him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Heat fan logic.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

Derrick Rose is very serious about his basketball. The sport has a lot of fans who watch the sport on TV. It is a form of entertainment. In a way they are just like actor/musician-style celebrities.

Now if you are at en event like an all-star game when everyone is there to have a good time and you just put on your serious face, or if you are being interviewed by ESPN and you appear like a robot, you are failing.

There is nothing wrong with being quiet and shy, and for what Derrick Rose lacks in social skills he more than makes up for on the court.

He is awkward but he's a helluva basketball player.

are people really trying to say not dancing means you aren't sociable?

what tmac says makes sense. i just think rose is slightly introverted and a guy who'd rather hang out with a small group over a large one. that doesn't make him socially awkward. it's just a personality trait. you can also talk too much and be socially awkward....i'm sure we've all been around someone who just couldn't shut their mouth to listen for one second, were horrible listeners or constantly gossiped. that, in a way, is socially awkward...or at least not in the 'norm'. it works both ways - rose just has a more serious, business-like approach and expresses himself more on the court than off.

I don't know how socially awkward he is, he's just a moron who can barely put two words together.

Comparing him to Pop is the most laughable thing I've seen on ISH in a while and that's saying something, he's known for giving crazy (if rude) interviews as well as being one of the most intelligent guys to ever be around the game.

Learning to shoot layups

I don't see how anyone could hate on Rose. Rose fans maybe but they're some of the more/most reasonable fanemies I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

Heat fan logic.
    So you think think he's really as humble as he makes himself look? He seems to serious.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

He doesn't know how to speak so he comes off that way. I'm sure he's just not outgoing but that doesn't make him awkward. I really don't like him at all but I'm sure if I actually met him, that would probably change.

He's not, they're just hater.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrizzy
    Derrick Rose is very serious about his basketball. The sport has a lot of fans who watch the sport on TV. It is a form of entertainment. In a way they are just like actor/musician-style celebrities.

Now if you are at en event like an all-star game when everyone is there to have a good time and you just put on your serious face, or if you are being interviewed by ESPN and you appear like a robot, you are failing.

There is nothing wrong with being quiet and shy, and for what Derrick Rose lacks in social skills he more than makes up for on the court.

He is awkward but he's a helluva basketball player.
    Yeah but maybe thats not his type of fun. The festivities might just be something he dislikes. Maybe hed rather be on a beach in Hawaii during the all star weekend? To me his "robotic" demeanor at the ag isnt awkward, he just seems like he doesnt find it fun thats all. Watch an interiew with Kenyon martin, he breaks into spasms from his shyness...to me that is awkward, not a calm disposition.

what a terrible post

'rose doesnt dance at the ASG, and then has the gaul to complain about not getting calls'

like rose doesnt deserve to get superstar treatment, because he wont dance!?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Yeah but maybe thats not his type of fun. The festivities might just be something he dislikes. Maybe hed rather be on a beach in Hawaii during the all star weekend? To me his "robotic" demeanor at the ag isnt awkward, he just seems like he doesnt find it fun thats all. Watch an interiew with Kenyon martin, he breaks into spasms from his shyness...to me that is awkward, not a calm disposition.

kenyon martin suffers from a stuttering problem

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I don't know how socially awkward he is, he's just a moron who can barely put two words together.

Comparing him to Pop is the most laughable thing I've seen on ISH in a while and that's saying something, he's known for giving crazy (if rude) interviews as well as being one of the most intelligent guys to ever be around the game.
    Once again someone who doesnt read entire posts.

I said they are similar to their business like approachto the game and their lack of tolerance for the media circus.... Thats it, and thats an accurate asessment