Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K15 info and discussion

I'll be getting it after work tomorrow though not sure if I'll get a chance to play it.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

The download is ridiculous.

Why do next gens do this?? 130 EST and I'm just getting to play.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Anyone got this shit for PC? Curious how it holds up.

My Xbox download has had be waiting for two hours now.

While at 82% I launched the game. It only allows you to play Spurs vs Heat. From what I've played so far it seems better. Players don't feel as floaty. Dribbling in traffic is harder even with Wade and Parker. They will lose their dribble if you mess around too long. The on ball defense still feels a bit stiff.

Overall it looks like an improvement. I think I need to play a full game before I'll know. I like that this game finally has all the settings from last gen. There weren't any defensive sliders in 2k14 next gen. Now I feel like I can tweak my game plan.

Popped the game in around 12:30 and its just now finishing downloading an hour later. I'll play like two hours and head to sleep. Next chance I'll have to play is probably Friday.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Alright, I'm stuck in the Spurs vs Heat loading matchup, so I can only judge of that right now (38%...Started at 33% and went up 5% over the duration of an entire played game).

Also to preface, I put about 5 hours into the PC version of 2k13. Although I put thousands into the previous whatever on the 360. Finished my first game on the Xbox One. Rusty as hell right now. Got my ass kicked by 13 on allstar . Although I was down 20+ and got it to single digits in the fourth. Slowly all coming back.

As this is my first next gen 2K game, it's beautiful. I've always been a skip the replay and action sequences because I just want to play guy. I don't care much for the pretend you are playing on tv experience (I use 2K camera, for instance). Give me the ball and let me play what it is: a video game. But I've been sitting through the replays and marveling at the beneath POV on action shots. Although the latter seems unrealistic since you never get that shot on TNT, ESPN, ABC, and whatnot. The lighting is gorgeous, tho. The game looks so good, while I'm typing this I'm letting it run CPU vs CPU.

The controls are tight. I feel like the dribbling and general movement around the court is as accurate as a 2K game has felt.

The shooting seems cleaned up. I can't remember if they fixed this in 2K14, but bad shots are bad shots. No more taking bs off balanced 3s just because you are wide open, and it being treated like a wide open set jumper.

I'm still annoyed with the off the ball movement AI. I see lanes that players should be taking and they don't. Then I see times when my guys need to flare out to the 3pt line and then cut in the crowded paint. That's always been a problem for me in every 2K game. Maybe it's my playing style. Still annoying and it leads to almost all my turnovers. That's why I prefer teamup with guys who know basketball.

Not too much else based on one game. There is this one animation where the player acts like he's fouled under the basket and the ball effortlessly falls through the hoop when you defend close shots. Saw that at least 7 times in the one game. Pretty annoying. Also the cpu reacts to loose balls like crazy. On one play I blocked a Wade layup with Leonard and immediately Bosh "tip" passed it to the corner guy for 3. It happened so quickly I had to go to the replay to see what actually happened. I thought Wade managed to catch the blocked shot and pass it himself. Something similar happened later in the game when I knocked a dribble loose.

Got to play more. If this game ever installs. 41% now.

70% now, 4 hours in. I have to wake up in a few hours so I guess I have to leave the console on...
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-07-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Played my first game Blazers vs Rockets. I lost to the Rockets by like 10. The game was close the whole time and then CPU cheese happened. Dwight Howard was making post fade aways. Not post hooks, they were Dirk like turn around shots. Then Batum just through the ball to the defender next to Aldridge in the post. It was the CPU deciding that the pass was going to get stolen.

Played someone online. He picked the Pacers. He tried to cheese with Paul George and it didn't work. I won by 10 with the Blazers. Lillard was my leading scorer.

It's a better game than 2k15 but still stupid stuff going on during the game. Weird animations happen. Players aren't as responsive as they should be. Defenders do stupid things. Players watch the ball go out of bounds when they could save it. You have players with little momentum just taking off from way too far and dunking. It looks goofy. Some of these dunks are not possible by the laws of physics.

The shot system is better. Kevin Durant does an tutorial that explains the shot meter. I thought that was cool. I like what they did this year with the shot meter. If you get a green flash your shot goes in every time. But the meter narrows depending on what kind of shot you take, if you're defended well, and the players attributes.

PC User

Does the Online Modus work fine?

Had NBA2k12 back in the days on Steam and you couldnt play a single game online.

They list Wilt at 275 and give arguably the most dominant scorer of all time only 2 stars in inside scoring..Even though when given the go ahead was still putting up as much as 60+ and averaging 27ppg as late as 1969

Don't mean to Stan but these guys have obviously never seen Cavs youtube channel

And again, sadly no Kareem....Anyone know what's up with that?
    Last edited by jongib369; 10-07-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Got a hard copy for PC sitting at my front door right now. Won't be able to get home to play it till 9 tonight

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    And again, sadly no Kareem....Anyone know what's up with that?
    I just do not believe he wants his likeness to be used, or he and 2K could not come to a monetary agreement. I had a feeling the only reason he agreed to be in 2K12 is because the Legends (and in turn, himself) were to be one of the primary focuses of that product, with their own mode paying homage to those guys and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I just do not believe he wants his likeness to be used, or he and 2K could not come to a monetary agreement. I had a feeling the only reason he agreed to be in 2K12 is because the Legends (and in turn, himself) were to be one of the primary focuses of that product, with their own mode paying homage to those guys and whatnot.
    That's unfortunate, even though it seemed impossible (For me at least) to make his hook from spots he did in real life it was nice having him in the game.

Banned

****, I really want this, but I have to wait for the European release on Friday

Servers online suck ass holy hell

On ball defense is impossible. I got torched by the Knicks and Thunder. All I can say is this is disappointing. Defense is never consistent in these games.