Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I just feel bad for McGrady

Tracy Mcgrady suffered from injuries due to his weak work-ethic. He didn't take care of his body like LeBron James does. It's not like he ever suffered from freak injuries. He kind of suffered one earlier today but he came back in the 2nd half but that is all I can think of. The rest of his injuries like the back injuries he suffered in Orlando and Houston was due to his inability to take care of his body.

If you feel bad for McGrady then I can't think of a single person you wouldn't be sympathetic about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Mypoic would be sitting around feeling bad for a multi-millionaire athlete who has lived his dream. At least understand the meaning of a word before you use it.
    Master the spelling of the word before attempting to understand the meaning.

And yes, thinking that someone with money can't have ailments or struggles that warrant sympathy makes you quite myopic. Or it could just be youthful naivete.

For what? Dude is traveling the world making millions for playing fcking basketball.

I have more sympathy for the average person walking down the street that can't afford medical insurance (more than 1/4th of the American population). At least when T-Mac gets hurt, he gets to see a Doctor.

I think you're the one with a narrow view of the World.
    No... I've seen and lived in less than "first world" conditions. I fully understand that Americans and Canadians make a lot of money in comparison to the rest of the world, but I am also not an idiot. I know that life is way more than money.

The fact that you have no sympathy for a guy getting hurt because he has a lot of money and healthcare is stupid, no one is shedding tears for him or preparing a eulogy, he didn't die. The fact is that a guy who has bounced back from injury after injury just cannot seem to stay healthy normally make people sympathetic. It's not that hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    Master the spelling of the word before attempting to understand it.

And yes, thinking that someone with money can't have ailments or struggles that warrant sympathy makes you quite myopic. Or it could just be youthful naivete.

Thinking a person who has made millions playing a game they love to play is tragic because they didn't reach their goals is narrow-minded. You lack an understanding of what real pain and suffering is.

And you know you've lost an argument when you start correcting spelling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    No... I've seen and lived in less than "first world" conditions. I fully understand that Americans and Canadians make a lot of money in comparison to the rest of the world, but I am also not an idiot. I know that life is way more than money.

The fact that you have no sympathy for a guy getting hurt because he has a lot of money and healthcare is stupid, no one is shedding tears for him or preparing a eulogy, he didn't die. The fact is that a guy who has bounced back from injury after injury just cannot seem to stay healthy normally make people sympathetic. It's not that hard to understand.

And I won't waste my time feeling bad for a guy who has lived most people's dreams (regardless of income) because he failed to live up to expectations. I'll save my sympathy for those that truthfully deserve it. It's not that hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    For what? Dude is traveling the world making millions for playing fcking basketball.

No, no, it's a complete tragedy. Millionaire athlete got hurt and failed to live up to expectations. We should right a book or make a movie about the tragedy.

That's fine. I'm sure you are the type that uses anything to rationalize your self out of feeling for other people because we all are fortunate in certain aspects of life.

Oh btw, being sympathetic isnt some deep sense of sorrow like you make it out to be. what a dumbass. The only thing tragic in this thread is the fact that I wasted my time explaining how normal human being function to you. No one is crying.
    Last edited by RaininTwos; 05-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.

I just think it's unfortunate we were robbed of greatness. From '01-04, Mac was legendary.

That's fine. I'm sure you are the type that uses anything to rationalize your self out of feeling for other people because we all are fortunate in certain aspects of life.

Keep trying to act like you know who I am. I can assure you I've done more, and do more than you've ever done for less fortunate people.

Keep trying to act like you know who I am. I can assure you I've done more, and do more than you've ever done for less fortunate people.
    Of course.

I laughing at you because you dont even understand the concept of sympathy, so I'm thinking compassion is a reach for you as well.

Of course.

I laughing at you because you dont even understand the concept of sympathy, so I'm thinking compassion is a reach for you as well.

And I feel bad for someone with such little understanding of the real World that they sympathize for a millionaire athlete who hurts his knee.

And for the record, it's not that I don't feel any sympathy for T-Mac, it's just that he's at the very bottom of my list.

Banned

Thinking a person who has made millions playing a game they love to play is tragic because they didn't reach their goals is narrow-minded. You lack an understanding of what real pain and suffering is.
    You're aware that there exist varying levels of sympathy, yes? Nobody is crying that TMac's story is tragic and tear-inducing like you're trying to imply. Frankly, I'm rather indifferent to his injury struggles. But to claim that a millionaire deserves no level of sympathy is either materialistic simplicity, myopia or naivete.

And you know you've lost an argument when you start correcting spelling errors.
    You question my understanding of a word I employ, I'll question your understanding of the same word you can't spell.

I'm saying regardless of injuries, he's lived a better life than 99.9% of the people on this planet.

And I'm not telling anyone not to sympathize for him. I'm just stating that I don't.

ps - I didn't realize this thread was started because he was injured tonight (I'm watching Bulls v 76ers), maybe you should include that? I still don't sympathize, but it certainly makes me look more cold-hearted.
    You just said you dont sympathize for him...wtf?

And for the record, it's not that I don't feel any sympathy for T-Mac, it's just that he's at the very bottom of my list.
    I'm not telling anyone not to sympathize for him. I'm just stating that I don't.
    I didn't realize this thread was started because he was injured tonight... I still don't sympathize, but...
    Nope. I don't feel sorry for Brandon Roy.