Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

Default Re: I just feel bad for McGrady

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Michael Beasley has even more potential, but...
    He's a lazy pothead...

Quote Originally Posted by The Real JW
    But you're saying we shouldn't feel bad for his injury-plagued career just because he isn't poor? Doesn't make sense. What do money and his constant injuries have to do with one another?

I'm saying regardless of injuries, he's lived a better life than 99.9% of the people on this planet.

And I'm not telling anyone not to sympathize for him. I'm just stating that I don't.

ps - I didn't realize this thread was started because he was injured tonight (I'm watching Bulls v 76ers), maybe you should include that? I still don't sympathize, but it certainly makes me look more cold-hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

But anyhow, you don't feel sorry for Brandon Roy?

Nope. I don't feel sorry for Brandon Roy. He's had an amazing life so far, and will probably have an amazing life moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm saying regardless of injuries, he's lived a better life than 99.9% of the people on this planet.

And I'm not telling anyone not to sympathize for him. I'm just stating that I don't.

ps - I didn't realize this thread was started because he was injured tonight (I'm watching Bulls v 76ers), maybe you should include that? I still don't sympathize, but it certainly makes me look more cold-hearted.
    How can you say that?

Making tons of money doesn't give you an awesome life, dude still fell short of multiple career goals he had and that will haunt him for a while. I don't see why you cannot feel sorry for someone who's trying to do their job and gets hurt repeatedly, how much they make should have no say in whether or not you have compassion for someone. Clearly you value money a little too much.

According to your logic, the vast majority of this board lead privileged lives so if anything happens to them or you, no one should feel sorry because we are apart of the world's elite when it comes to income? That just sounds silly.
    Last edited by RaininTwos; 05-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos

According to your logic, the vast majority of this board lead privileged lives so if anything happens to them or you, no one should feel sorry because we are apart of the world's elite when it comes to income? That just sounds silly.

This is indeed my logic. It's called a having World perspective.

And we aren't talking about "anything happening". We're talking about a Millionaire athlete hurting his knee.

T-Mac will be just fine.

This is indeed my logic. It's called a having World perspective.

And we aren't talking about "anything happening". We're talking about a Millionaire athlete hurting his knee.

T-Mac will be just fine.
    Dude has had multiple knee and back problems, you are living in a dream world if you think he will be "just fine".

By the way that's called over valuing money, money doesn't make your life better than anyone. Keep believing that though, I would hate to see without it.

Dude has had multiple knee and back problems, you are living in a dream world if you think he will be "just fine"

He's playing NBA ball, so he's in better physical shape than most of the World. He also has full medical coverage, and is already financially set for retirement.

And please don't pull the, "but NBA players go bankrupt!" card... because that certainly won't garner any sympathy from me.

He's playing NBA ball, so he's in better physical shape than most of the World. He also has full medical coverage, and is already financially set for retirement.

And please don't pull the, "but NBA players go bankrupt!" card... because that certainly won't garner any sympathy from me.
    Because him having a large bank account and low body fat percentage allows him no sympathy from you. Makes sense.

I don't see how someone could have such a narrow view on what make's someone's life great.

Banned

bdreason is either very materialistic and myopic, or simply very young.

Banned

theres no limit your bank account can hit that means you never feel sad or regretful ... if you cant feel empathy towards someone who is sad then thats fine, but dont pretend like thats normal

I dont feel bad for him, hes been overrated since he won a scoring title. How many of you still remember that he quit on his team in 2009 while the Rockets made a playoffs run to the 2nd round almost knocking down the 65 wins Lakers? Dude had chances to finally get rid of the title of a 2nd round virgin, he blew all of them.

Banned

What happened between T-Mac and Rondo? I'm going by the posts on the 1st page.

Because him having a large bank account and low body fat percentage allows him no sympathy from you. Makes sense.

I don't see how someone could have such a narrow view on what make's someone's life great.

I have more sympathy for the average person walking down the street that can't afford medical insurance (more than 1/4th of the American population). At least when T-Mac gets hurt, he gets to see a Doctor.

I think you're the one with a narrow view of the World.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    bdreason is either very materialistic and myopic, or simply very young.

Mypoic would be sitting around feeling bad for a multi-millionaire athlete who has lived his dream. At least understand the meaning of a word before you use it.

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

I have more sympathy for the average person walking down the street that can't afford medical insurance (more than 1/4th of the American population). At least when T-Mac gets hurt, he gets to see a Doctor.
    Dude, we're talking about a sport here. I'm not saying McGrady deserves the level of sympathy that a leukemia patient does. But in the scope of NBA discussion over basketball careers hampered or cut short by injury, I feel bad for McGrady. I don't get your objection with that.