Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The 12 ABSOLUTE WORST NBA players vs the Top college team...Who wins?

Too hard to pick the worst players... most of them never play.

How about the current Sixers vs Kansas?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: The 12 ABSOLUTE WORST NBA players vs the Top college team...Who wins?

Any list without Chris Duhon puts the poster in my 12 ABSOLUTE WORST ISH posters.

I want to see the best college players versus any NBA team. They should do it for fun.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Didn't they do Team USA (when it was only college players) vs the NBA before? I thought I saw that on YouTube. Jordan was in it as a college kid..

Here this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjhIXKc6Xk

USA vs NBA Stars.

1984 USA Olympic Team

Michael Jordan
    Alvin Robertson
    Vernon Fleming
    Sam Perkins
    Patrick Ewing

Steve Alford
    Leon Wood
    Joe Kleine
    Jon Koncak
    Wayman Tisdale
    Chris Mullin
    Sam Perkins
    Jeff Turner

NBA All-Stars

Magic Johnson
    Isiah Thomas
    Walter Davis
    Alex English
    Larry Nance

Michael Cooper
    Butch Carter
    Kiki Vandeweghe
    Kurt Rambis
    Funny thing is, I think people would choose that college team over the NBA Allstars in hindsight.

MJ, Robertson, Perkins, Ewing, Mullin.. Even Tisdale was good for 20/8 back at his peak.

Just re-watched that. I don't know how could watch that game and think, hmm... maybe I should draft Sam Bowie over that Jordan guy. He shit all over NBA allstars as a college kid. Ewing and Perkins looked like monsters, too. Walter Davis and Nance are beasts.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 03-20-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Serious playground baller

Dumb thread is dumb. Like seriously. Middle school lunch talk. Better question would be worst d league players vs a top college team. And still not sure if college can win

Good thread.

Fucc the haters

Kansas starting 5 vs bottom nba 12 starting 5? Kansas all day.

Kansas 6-12 bench players????? Eek. Vs NBA? Nba?????

Close.

If I was betting, I'd type Kansas. Close though

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Too hard to pick the worst players... most of them never play.

How about the current Sixers vs Kansas?
    12 absolute worst nba players, fair, ill debate with that, but this??!?!

This is the most retarded thing ive ever heard, and i thought you were a somewhat respectable poster. I dont care how many games the 76ers lost in a row, a full nba team with a MCW that already has almost a full season on his belt, and Thaddeus Young, who will eat Kansas up alive?

the 76ers would tear em apart, Wiggins would be the only one to score more than 10 points! As for thaddeus young, who's guarding him? He'd go off for 30-10-10 on a college squad...

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    12 absolute worst nba players, fair, ill debate with that, but this??!?!

This is the most retarded thing ive ever heard, and i thought you were a somewhat respectable poster. I dont care how many games the 76ers lost in a row, a full nba team with a MCW that already has almost a full season on his belt, and Thaddeus Young, who will eat Kansas up alive?

the 76ers would tear em apart, Wiggins would be the only one to score more than 10 points! As for thaddeus young, who's guarding him? He'd go off for 30-10-10 on a college squad...
    This is why I asked. I don't follow college ball.

Banned

what rules are they playing in. if its college rules than college players have a chance. if its played in nba rule than college players have no chance

Just to take random a college team, we'll use the '92 Arkansas squad:

Todd Day(8th)
    Oliver Miller(22nd)
    Lee Mayberry(23rd)
    Isiah Morris(37th)

Even the best of teams are only going to send 1 lottery pick, 1-2 late 1st rounders, and maybe a 2nd rounder. And even that is a bit generous. The best case scenario is usually probably a lottery pick and 1-2 that go in the late 1st round into the 2nd round.

Here's the thing; even the biggest scrubs in the NBA were stars in the NCAA. Let's look at a few:

-Brian Scalabrine averaged 18/6/3 on 53% shooting and 40% from downtown his junior year at USC

-Bo Kimble(who played just 3 years in the league) averaged 35/8 on 53% shooting and 46% from downtown his last year at Loyola Marymount

-Derrick Dial(who played just 4 years in the league) averaged 21/7 on 48% shooting and 40% from downtown his senior year at Eastern Michigan

-Doug Overton averaged 22/5/4 his senior year at LaSalle

Those are all guys who were either career journeyman at best, or lasted only a few years in the league. All dominated in college. Even the shittiest players in the NBA were studs in the NCAA. The worst guys in the NBA would definitely wipe the floor with the best NCAA players. Stronger, higher ball IQ, more experience.
    Last edited by D.J.; 03-21-2014 at 12:57 AM.

"Top college team" hasn't been clearly defined.
    However, let's see it logically: Take 12 guys from the bottom of the last 2 drafts alone or, in general, the least successful players of the last 2 drafts. These are likely to be among the very worst NBA players: Not enough talent to play good minutes + not much older/more experienced than the NCAA players, not to mention some of them may play for teams that don't care to win due to aiming high for the next draft, so talk about their morale being not exactly high. Some may even have regressed since their NCAA days. Why should I expect from these 12 scrubs to beat an all-NCAA team, which may already include players more NBA-ready, mostly coming off some serious NCAA programs, not some desperate tankers who couldn't care less about their scrubs?

Look at it this way: Do you think the 12 worst players from the 1984 NBA could beat the 1984 USA Olympic Team? The same team that, you know, used to face and beat teams comprised of NBA All-Stars? OK, the NBAers were not in seasonal form, but I'd still expect them to beat the 12 worst NBA players of that time.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Look at it this way: Do you think the 12 worst players from the 1984 NBA could beat the 1984 USA Olympic Team? The same team that, you know, used to face and beat teams comprised of NBA All-Stars? OK, the NBAers were not in seasonal form, but I'd still expect them to beat the 12 worst NBA players of that time.
    That's what im talking about. I can't believe another poster said that the worst d league team will have a fight against the best college team compromising of some future nba stars.

He doesn't even watch d-league. I do on occasion and trust me besides a few really good players, the worst d-league teams are a mix of a bunch of over-the-hill NBA players (like lates 30s-40) to people who are tweeners (like sub 6 foot point guards or 6'9 overweight centers that kind of thing).

BTW, the d leagues have tryouts where any top dick and harry who have graduated high school can play. I imagine the talent pool to be really diluted.

source:https://dleaguetryouts.nba.com/FAQs.aspx
    Last edited by tgan3; 03-21-2014 at 02:51 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    That's what im talking about. I can't believe another poster said that the worst d league team will have a fight against the best college team compromising of some future nba stars.

He doesn't even watch d-league. I do on occasion and trust me besides a few really good players, the worst d-league teams are a mix of a bunch of over-the-hill NBA players (like lates 30s-40) to people who are tweeners (like sub 6 foot point guards or 6'9 overweight centers that kind of thing).

BTW, the d leagues have tryouts where any top dick and harry who have graduated high school can play. I imagine the talent pool to be really diluted.

source:https://dleaguetryouts.nba.com/FAQs.aspx
    Bottoms aren't allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    Let say you form 12 of the worst NBA players, guys they are either over-the-hill or just rotting on the bench getting no minutes.

Vs the top college team.

I'm pretty sure the college guys win, i want to see this being played...

Edit: (I just took 12 of the worst PIE nba players)

Hasheem Thabeet
    Lou Amundson
    Tornike Shengeila
    Shannon Brown
    Earl Watson
    Mike Muscala
    Jason Collins
    Erik Murphy
    Stephen Jackson
    Darius Johnson Odom
    Mustafa Shakur
    Brandon davies

vs say Kansas?
    12 worst NBA players would be the last picked rookies who has no NBA experience.

This is a safe list:

Marko Todorovic
    Erick Green
    Raul Neto
    James Ennis
    Romero Osby
    Colton Iverson
    Arsalan Kazemi
    Joffrey Lauvergne
    Alex Oriakhi
    Deshaun Thomas
    Bojan Dubljevic
    Janis Timma

Once you include players like Hasheem Thabeet and Stephen Jackson who would absolutely destroy the college players, it's not fair anymore.