Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: want hops

Saw a basketball once

Default want hops

sup im 12 and i want to touch rim, touch net, or in a couple years dunk.im short and My vertical leap is low and i cant touch net ANYWAYS does anyone know any exercises i can do to get better hops? please help me i wanna skool the tall people at my jr high school. please help me jump higher.

PS i was thinking about buying air alert, would my purchase be worth it?

get dunk now
    i get best results with that one

Saw a basketball once

Default thks

alright man thanks ima get dat ty so much

Quote Originally Posted by shortballa7
    sup im 12 and i want to touch rim, touch net, or in a couple years dunk.im short and My vertical leap is low and i cant touch net ANYWAYS does anyone know any exercises i can do to get better hops? please help me i wanna skool the tall people at my jr high school. please help me jump higher.

PS i was thinking about buying air alert, would my purchase be worth it?
    First, don't do any kind of program, you will only stunt your growth. Jesus, at least wait until you be 15.

Second, When you do, choose Air Alert

Saw a basketball once

alright dude will programs really stunt my growth? im like 13 and i thought it wouldnt well whateva

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease littlespyda's Avatar

i reccomend air alert. im 11. im on week 5 and i started out with a 14'' vertical and im now at 15.75''. it's definetly worth the price and it works.

ps
    it doesnt stunt your growth!!!

Serious playground baller jrt1584's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littlespyda
    i reccomend air alert. im 11. im on week 5 and i started out with a 14'' vertical and im now at 15.75''. it's definetly worth the price and it works.

ps
    it doesnt stunt your growth!!!
    how in the hell would u know?? You just said that you're 11. U kids should be waiting until your muscles develop a little more to be doing all that training and stuff... Crazy @$$ kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jrt1584
    how in the hell would u know?? You just said that you're 11. U kids should be waiting until your muscles develop a little more to be doing all that training and stuff... Crazy @$$ kids.

11, 12, Jesus F*ckin christ. Do NOT do any programs or you will ruin the natural developement in your legs and will, in turn, stunt your growth.

PS: I don't plan on arguing with an 11 year old.

I'm only 14 but im doing the dunk now programme. But anyway if it does stunt my growth, i dont really mind because i play pg or sg. But i dnt want to be mega tall anyway. but ye as jrt1584 and XxNeXuSxX said dont get any programme until your at least 14-15.

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    11, 12, Jesus F*ckin christ. Do NOT do any programs or you will ruin the natural developement in your legs and will, in turn, stunt your growth.

PS: I don't plan on arguing with an 11 year old.
    thanx but why dont you shut up! do you think im 5!!! and it wont stunt my growth. and dont use f-ckin between jesus and christ you satanist.
    Last edited by littlespyda; 10-28-2006 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlespyda
    thanx but why dont you shut up! do you think im 5!!! and it wont stunt my growth.
    11, five, either way your just a little kid. If you are actually trying Air Alert, and following every set exactly as it states with the correct form you will damage your growth plates because that will be far too strenuous on your undeveloped legs. (EG: Doing 800 burnouts correctly, in one day, will have about a 50% chance of straining your growth plates). What exactly makes you an exception to this? What have you said to back up your statements? Do you even know what a growth plate is? No you don't, because you are 11 and probably being told by a fellow "friend" that you will be able to dunk if you do Air Alert. Well, not only will you not being able to dunk after doing this program, you will never be able to dunk in your lifetime because your legs will never develope.

The correct age to start a high-strenuous program like AA should be around the age of 15, that's around the time when your legs should be developed enough to take the forcefulness of thesehigh intensity plyometric programs.

and dont use f-ckin between jesus and christ you satanist.
    I'm not going to respond to this, I'm just going to say you will learn these things called "expressions" in middle school, and they will help you get through life and stop being a d*p**** with an attitude. I'm actually surprised you were aware 'satanist' is a word, props to you.

Now, I hate to own little kids, but don't talk to me like you know what your talking about when you are, literally, half my age. But maybe now you will understand that what you are doing can and will hurt you later on when you reach puberty and teen years. If you must work on your muscles, you have to be on a low stress program that will naturally make you stronger and faster, such as low weight training combined with running.

Learning to shoot layups guacomole's Avatar

The correct age to start a high-strenuous program like AA should be around the age of 15, that's around the time when your legs should be developed enough to take the forcefulness of thesehigh intensity plyometric programs.
    I need some advice, since you seem to know what your talking about. Im 15, 5'5 and 105lbs, but im in a growth spurt witch i get in about every 6 months or so were i grow up to an inch or less. Im am very skinny, my arms are realy skinny but they are pretty long for my height and my hands are as big as my 6"1 dads. I have been lifting for a few months and ive seen a noticible improvement in my upper body strength. My vertical is about 25" inches, and id like too know if i should do a jump program and wich one would be best.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

I need some advice, since you seem to know what your talking about. Im 15, 5'5 and 105lbs, but im in a growth spurt witch i get in about every 6 months or so were i grow up to an inch or less. Im am very skinny, my arms are realy skinny but they are pretty long for my height and my hands are as big as my 6"1 dads. I have been lifting for a few months and ive seen a noticible improvement in my upper body strength. My vertical is about 25" inches, and id like too know if i should do a jump program and wich one would be best.
    Honestly man, forget the jump program for now. Buy some protein shakes and go hit the weights. Your verts decent already, but you'll never do anything without some size and strength.

Ok then im just making sure im doing the thing aswell seing as you lot know what you are talking about.

I'm 14, 5-8, weight = 153lbs. Ive been doing weights around 20-30kg in a gym and lifting iron at about 5kg each hand. I do around 300 sit ups a week and around 100 -150 crunches because i wanted better upper body strength.

My vert atm the moment is around 20-25 (i havent measured it) and im doin dunk now.

Is this okay to do or am i overdoing it?

11, five, either way your just a little kid. If you are actually trying Air Alert, and following every set exactly as it states with the correct form you will damage your growth plates because that will be far too strenuous on your undeveloped legs. (EG: Doing 800 burnouts correctly, in one day, will have about a 50% chance of straining your growth plates). What exactly makes you an exception to this? What have you said to back up your statements? Do you even know what a growth plate is? No you don't, because you are 11 and probably being told by a fellow "friend" that you will be able to dunk if you do Air Alert. Well, not only will you not being able to dunk after doing this program, you will never be able to dunk in your lifetime because your legs will never develope.

I'm not going to respond to this, I'm just going to say you will learn these things called "expressions" in middle school, and they will help you get through life and stop being a d*p**** with an attitude. I'm actually surprised you were aware 'satanist' is a word, props to you.

Now, I hate to own little kids, but don't talk to me like you know what your talking about when you are, literally, half my age. But maybe now you will understand that what you are doing can and will hurt you later on when you reach puberty and teen years. If you must work on your muscles, you have to be on a low stress program that will naturally make you stronger and faster, such as low weight training combined with running.
    im not stupid. you can say whatever you want but i am still growing. when i started aa i was 4'9.5'' and now im 4'10''. in one of the reviews i looked at online someguy had his 11 year old son do it. i dont think he would have had him do it if it was going to stunt his growth plates or whatever. also on the aa website it says to be 11 and up. guess what!!! im 11 einstein!!! and i havent done 800 burnouts yet and it is just jumping up and down anyway!!! now i think your just hating on me because your mad that you probably have a 5 inch vert and i have 16.25".