Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Miami Heat Player Only Meeting to Happen.

tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
    RT @IzzyESPN: Wade tried to inspire team in huddle when Heat was down 13 in 3rd. Didn't work. Plyrs only meeting could just result in a fight, at this pt.

https://twitter.com/#!/IzzyESPN/stat...74080177225728

Default Re: Miami Heat Player Only Meeting to Happen.

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

lol @ players only meetings especially a team having multiple meetings in a shortened NBA season who clearly know they should be beyond glorified pep talks laced with profanities.

This team has always been flawed and overrated.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I'm certainly not writing Miami's epitaph prior to the playoffs. I never thought that this experiment would be all that successful due to redundant parts that don't work well together, but I made the mistake of becoming too brash about it last season and it nearly backfired in the playoffs, as they got a lot closer to a title than I thought possible mid-season.

When a team has this much talent, you don't count them out until they are eliminated from the playoffs and, when the game really slows down, they are still going to have a tough defense to score on (which was their greatest trait during their run last year).

All of that said, the flaws that I noted when this team was initially formed and the expectations were flying high should be clear to everyone at this point. Offensively, these guys just do not make one another better (they do the opposite, actually) and I honestly do not care what the statistics or PER says. You can watch them and see it.

Bosh plays much better when either LeBron or Wade are not in the game. He has shown himself to be an absolutely top-flight player this year, but it usually comes when one of those guys aren't playing. Wade and LeBron are still taking turns attacking in the halfcourt and Bosh is left being a spot-up shooter... And he is far too good a player to be that limited.

This team looks like it is on the verge of cracking and it 'feels' like they are beginning to realize that they don't work well together, too. I'll also say this... even after a regular season that did not live up to the hype last year, they still struck some fear in the hearts of opponents heading into the postseason and, frankly, their first few series looked like the teams they were playing were simply overwhelmed by the amount of talent in front of them.

This year, I don't think the Heat are striking that kind of fear into the hearts of opponents come playoff time. Their flaws have been shown and teams now know that they can, not just be beaten, but defeated soundly with the right kind of approach. Intimidation and swagger, I felt, were a big part of their playoff run in 2011. Does anyone see that kind of team at this point, despite the very respectable 37-14 record?

Again, I'm not writing their epitaph and they certainly have the talent to make another deep run and possibly win a championship. There does come a point where talent can overcome deficiencies in the makeup of a team. But, this team does have major deficiencies -- not with the coach or the role players, but with the stars.

And, if they don't win it all this year, does anyone give them a better chance in 2012-13? Or the next year? With teams like the Thunder and Bulls getting older, more experienced and better?

Remember, this team wasn't put together with the idea of just winning a chamiponship, but being a dynasty. I don't see it happening and I feel confident in saying that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm certainly not writing Miami's epitaph prior to the playoffs. I never thought that this experiment would be all that successful due to redundant parts that don't work well together, but I made the mistake of becoming too brash about it last season and it nearly backfired in the playoffs, as they got a lot closer to a title than I thought possible mid-season.

When a team has this much talent, you don't count them out until they are eliminated from the playoffs and, when the game really slows down, they are still going to have a tough defense to score on (which was their greatest trait during their run last year).

All of that said, the flaws that I noted when this team was initially formed and the expectations were flying high should be clear to everyone at this point. Offensively, these guys just do not make one another better (they do the opposite, actually) and I honestly do not care what the statistics or PER says. You can watch them and see it.

Bosh plays much better when either LeBron or Wade are not in the game. He has shown himself to be an absolutely top-flight player this year, but it usually comes when one of those guys aren't playing. Wade and LeBron are still taking turns attacking in the halfcourt and Bosh is left being a spot-up shooter... And he is far too good a player to be that limited.

This team looks like it is on the verge of cracking and it 'feels' like they are beginning to realize that they don't work well together, too. I'll also say this... even after a regular season that did not live up to the hype last year, they still struck some fear in the hearts of opponents heading into the postseason and, frankly, their first few series looked like the teams they were playing were simply overwhelmed by the amount of talent in front of them.

This year, I don't think the Heat are striking that kind of fear into the hearts of opponents come playoff time. Their flaws have been shown and teams now know that they can, not just be beaten, but defeated soundly with the right kind of approach. Intimidation and swagger, I felt, were a big part of their playoff run in 2011. Does anyone see that kind of team at this point, despite the very respectable 37-14 record?

Again, I'm not writing their epitaph and they certainly have the talent to make another deep run and possibly win a championship. There does come a point where talent can overcome deficiencies in the makeup of a team. But, this team does have major deficiencies -- not with the coach or the role players, but with the stars.

And, if they don't win it all this year, does anyone give them a better chance in 2012-13? Or the next year? With teams like the Thunder and Bulls getting older, more experienced and better?

Remember, this team wasn't put together with the idea of just winning a chamiponship, but being a dynasty. I don't see it happening and I feel confident in saying that at this point.
    Trust me, they won't win it this year. I put my entire reputation on it.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Got a pretty f*cked up rep already as a thief, wtf can be any worse than that?

they want to cry together

For you, that's like saying you bet your entire herd of unicorns on it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

April Fools!!!

Way to wager the big bucks fvckface

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    they want to cry together

Not before they do this first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wj8Yxa309E&ob=av3e

Is clear they were trying to feature Bosh early on in the game but he was sucking so bad. How is it that KG at this point is still kicking Bosh's ass? Ever since he came back from his Grandma's funeral hes been getting his ass handed to him especially against Perk and Ibaka.

So any news? Was Lebron fired?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I always thought they would lose last year and then run off 2 or 3 titles in the next 5 years.

That is still a possibility, but not only do they have serious issues...but other teams are just really good as well. The Bulls and Thunder aren't going anywhere...and there is always going to be one or two more potential threats.

I think its a combination of everything you said above combined with the fact that teams like the Thunder/Bulls have the makings to even better.

Last year might have been their best chance to win it all in terms of the competition level.

Regardless, if this team does not produce 2 to 3 titles over the next 5 years its one of the biggest letdowns in NBA history. Lebron and Wade clearly thought it was going to be far easier than this....and its showing.

lebron about to cry again?