Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #31
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: Wait, Clippers lost again? Ok it's time to "FIRE DOC RIVERS"

All-Star, All-NBA, All-Defense, with all time great statistics at his position is hardly accomplishing nothing. Hes arguably been the best PG in the sport for the past decade.

So again, if youre going to base his entire career around not making the WCFs, then I think its fair to point out hes had a tougher path than most (and some bad luck).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #32
elementally morale
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
All-Star, All-NBA, All-Defense, with all time great statistics at his position is hardly accomplishing nothing. Hes arguably been the best PG in the sport for the past decade.

So again, if youre going to base his entire career around not making the WCFs, then I think its fair to point out hes had a tougher path than most (and some bad luck).

I don't care too much about Chris Paul either way. I think he is a very good player but as for the person... I just don't care. And I'm not saying he wasn't the best PG for many years. I have no problem someone arguing he is still top 10. He may be. Still, he had very little success for his talent. Is is bad luck? Maybe. But Tracy McGrady is T-Mac for a reason. Did he have bad luck? Yes. Is he a proven winner? Not really.

You rarely have to make excuses for winning.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #33
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Tougher path? Bad luck? Bro, he had a 21/8 all-star PF in David West, Peja Stojakovic & Tyson Chandler and they shut down Tim Duncan & he blew a 3 - 2 lead to the Spurs in 2008 with a Game 7 in his house.

He was up 3 - 1 on the Rockets...Game 6 at home to clinch the series and they go from being up 13 going into the 4th to losing the game by 12...AGAINST THE ROCKETS' 2ND unit! and it should have been a loss by 15 points but Chris Paul does what he does best, he makes the 3 with 2 seconds left when it's a blowout, he got outscored in the 4th quarter by COREY BREWER and JOSH SMITH.

And then there's this little gem vs. OKC with the series tied 2 - 2 and Clippers up 7 with 49 seconds left @ OKC

https://youtu.be/BT55zpjT0v4?t=43

"clutch jump shot by Chris Paul!" as he's thumping his chest and acting like he's the best PG ever

Here we have 3 instances of massive choking in the 2nd round of the Playoffs. Even Deron ****ing Williams led a team to the WCF. Melo led a damn team to the WCF. Steve Nash led a team to the WCF twice, Dirk made two Finals.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:31 PM   #34
k0kakw0rld
The Special One

Wow losnig 68-90 to the Knicks

It's just a matter of time, at this point. Or are they tanking?
k0kakw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #35
L8krH8tr
Local High School Star

I can't even imagine how furious Steve Ballmer must me... Richest owner in the league with one of the worst teams in the league must be driving him nuts. Probably mad dogging Doc every game planning something.
L8krH8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #36
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

If I were the clippers I would blow it up trade anyone except for Blake..

Fire Doc
Jordan could get them a lottery pick 9-12
Bev could get them a late lotto pick if needed throw in Lou
Lou can get them a late 1rst
Rivers can get them a late first if they take back a bad player on a expiring contract

I don't think they can trade Gallo untill hes in his final year nobody wants a piece of that contract

So potentially 2 lotto picks plus a late along with their top 5 pick and some cap relief that's not bad going into the summer with 3 lottery picks plus you still got Griffin...
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #37
I<3NBA
NBA rookie of the year

Clippers' losing streak is now at 9 games
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:30 AM   #38
tamaraw08
Great college starter

I actually questioned prognosticators, Analysts and fans here why they are picking the Clips to qualify for the playoffs. Most said, veteran leadership, defense etc etc.
Well, Gallo and Beverley, 2 starters are out.....
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:17 AM   #39
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

Suns trade Monroe(expiring contract) and Len (expiring contract) and a first for DeAndre Jordan Beverley

Suns lineup
Beverley/Ulis/James
Booker/Knight
Warren/Jackson
Chriss/Bender
Jordan/Tyson

With the trade the pick will be anywhere from 8-11 and the suns already have two other first rounders this summer (Bucks pick and Heat pick probably in the lottery) to many young players on the suns to add 3 more first rounders to the roster. This balances the team with experienced veterans and will result in more wins both Jordan and Beverley are great defensive players. Clippers do this for a extra lottery pick to add to thier own and cap relief with Monroe and Len being expiring contracts but still talented. Niether would be on the suns roster next year.

Than the clippers trade

Lou Williams, Rivers and Reed for Al Jefferson (Expiring contract) and first rounder

Pacers lineup
Collision/Joseph/Rivers
Oladipo/Lou/Rivers
Bogdanovic/Lance S
That Young/Sabonis/Leaf
Turner/Reed/Anigbogu

With the trade the Pacers get deeper and a better shot to contend for a playoff berth.Pacers are a team that doesn't want to rebuild and didn't want to trade PG but we're forced to. The clippers continue to shed cap with a expiring contract in Jefferson and get a pick in the 13-16 range.

Clippers lineup after trades

Teodosic/Evans
Thornwell/Wesley
Gallo/Dekker
Blake/Harrell/Johnson
Monroe/Len/Jefferson

Major cap for this summer or the next off-season to go along with 2 lottery picks plus their own pick witch will be top 5 for the next two years and you still have a star in Griffen. Only thing hurting this rebuild is Gallo's contract but the clippers wouldn't be in the luxury tax and would have about 30mill to spend in the offseason, even more if you find a buyer for Wesley Johnson.

Teams are starting to follow this route that have hit the wall and couldn't get any better (Hawks, Bulls, Mavs,) and teams that already took this route (Sixers,Denver,Lakers,Wolves,Suns, and to a extent Boston) are beginning to turn it around if not already turned it around and have some nice young studs to build on and are/were in a position to sign or trade for some big names. Now not every team can be as fortunate as the Celtics and get guys like IT and Stevens to stay afloat and rely on the nets picks or like the bucks to go to the lottery and get a Jabari Parker than get the great freak mid draft but all these teams i named are in a better position than teams like clippers, nets, jazz, grizzlies, heat etc.who tried to do patch jobs. By doing this you are only prolonging the inevitable. The only exception I see to this route are the kings who have a bad owner and uneducated GM but even they managed to get some pretty nice young guys in a couple years they should be good.

Edit: since clippers will be a bottom 5 team during the draft trade Blake and Gallo for the first overall pick depending on the team it will work since they will have cap to do it if not take a salary back. Imagine a the young roster clippers could have if they rebuild this way. First overall pick plus there own top 5 plus two lottery picks or 1 lottery and one mid draft pick and only about 40 mill in guaranteed contracts..

1rst overall Michael Porter
Top 5 clippers pick either Luka Doncic, DeAndre Ayton or Marvin Bagley
Suns lottery pick Miles Bridges
Pacers pick Hamidou Diallo

Teodosic/Evans
Diallo/Thornwell
Porter Jr/Dekker
Bridges/Harrell
Ayton/Johnson
That's 3 future allstars in your frontcourt

Plus 60mill+ in cap room to sign a star and/or fill out roster.

Last edited by AI09 : 11-21-2017 at 01:50 AM.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:37 AM   #40
PP34Deuce
NBA lottery pick

Doc not getting fired he will step down.

Right now clippers fo are seeing the value for dj..beverly...and Lou.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:38 AM   #41
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Clippers have now lost 9 in a row...they never lost more than 4 in a row with Chris Paul in the lineup.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:38 AM   #42
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy

Weren't they the last undefeated team in the NBA too? What happened
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:43 AM   #43
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Weren't they the last undefeated team in the NBA too? What happened

Injuries.

Injuries has plague the Clippers for the past two years now. But now their 3/5 starting lineup was injured. Injury prone roster. And Blake has been sucking too.
Micku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:53 AM   #44
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I actually questioned prognosticators, Analysts and fans here why they are picking the Clips to qualify for the playoffs. Most said, veteran leadership, defense etc etc.
Well, Gallo and Beverley, 2 starters are out.....

Three starters out and their 6th man used the first handful of games to get into game shape after missing nearly all of training camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI09

1rst overall Michael Porter
Top 5 clippers pick either Luka Doncic, DeAndre Ayton or Marvin Bagley
Suns lottery pick Miles Bridges
Pacers pick Hamidou Diallo

Teodosic/Evans
Diallo/Thornwell
Porter Jr/Dekker
Bridges/Harrell
Ayton/Johnson
That's 3 future allstars in your frontcourt

Plus 60mill+ in cap room to sign a star and/or fill out roster.

Ayton is the clear-cut #1 pick, after him, the guys to target being Bridges & Diallo are fine, but give me Hands & Mikal Bridges over the other two.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: