Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron needs to slim down

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Show me one pic where he is relaxed or standing around that shows his "big wide back," his "big a$$ legs," or his "big ass torso."

Like I said, he has big, wide shoulders, big arms, has some good traps.
    his arms aren't big his torso is wide

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    IDK if you're kidding, but they have him listed at 260...
    They actually still had him at 210 last season.

You know why he weighs so much? Because he's F*CKING 6'9"!!! And I don't believe he weighs 265+. Do you know how much a f*cking lb of muscle is? Have you seen a 16oz steak before? Have you seen one before it's been cooked? Kobe weighs what, 220/225 lbs? Lets say 225 lbs. You think LeBron has 40 more steaks attached to his body? Think about it.
    Kobe actually said last season that he was down to 200 and he's listed at 205. Remember he lost 15-20 pounds over the summer when he demanded the trade so he could be quicker and better defensively again? Plus Kobe looks A LOT thinner than Lebron and he's about 3 inches shorter.

but most importantly everyone carries weight differently. Some people weigh 20-30 pounds more or less than you'd think. It can especially tough to tell with people who have low body fat % like Lebron.

You do realize that at the 2003 pre-draft camp Lebron weighed in at 245 pounds? Do you remember what he looked like then?

You don't think he could be 20 pounds heavier here?

Then factor in that Lebron was measured 6'7" when he weighed 245 and now he's being reported at 6'9", I don't know if he's grown 2 inches in reality, but chances are he's grown a bit.

Lebron was already claiming to be 260 back in 2007. He's atleast that and most likely the 265 pound figure someone mentioned is correct.

Saw a basketball once

Only LeBron James could look like an NBA player coming right out of high school and then a couple years later look that much bigger. What a freak.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    They actually still had him at 210 last season.

Kobe actually said last season that he was down to 200 and he's listed at 205. Remember he lost 15-20 pounds over the summer when he demanded the trade so he could be quicker and better defensively again? Plus Kobe looks A LOT thinner than Lebron and he's about 3 inches shorter.

but most importantly everyone carries weight differently. Some people weigh 20-30 pounds more or less than you'd think. It can especially tough to tell with people who have low body fat % like Lebron.

You do realize that at the 2003 pre-draft camp Lebron weighed in at 245 pounds? Do you remember what he looked like then?

You don't think he could be 20 pounds heavier here?

Then factor in that Lebron was measured 6'7" when he weighed 245 and now he's being reported at 6'9", I don't know if he's grown 2 inches in reality, but chances are he's grown a bit.

Lebron was already claiming to be 260 back in 2007. He's atleast that and most likely the 265 pound figure someone mentioned is correct.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    What are you laughing at kid?

If LeBron turns into a bulimic, I will blame this thread.

lebron has bigger body more room for lbs

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    ?

Then he wouldn't have the penetration strength he has right now. His jumpshot's developing slowly but surely anyways. It's basically like Brandon Jacobs relying on his force/strength to get some yardage.
    Penetration strength?

He'd still be bigger than almost every shooting guard and almost every forward (including power), but more importantly he'd be quicker and faster, a lil more elusive, even jump higher.

And for some of you that don't understand....

How many of you have lifted weights before and gained weight?

Almost every single person that's done so, doesn't have the same movement. Even if you don't really gain much mass, muscle still prevents from the usual mobility.

Somebody mentioned Kobe slimmed down.... is it any coincidence that he's shot better since then?

I mean... I seriously don't get it why some of you see this as a bad thing. A slimmer Bron would still be stronger than almost everybody, but now he'd be more agile and of course, more dangerous.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    If LeBron turns into a bulimic, I will blame this thread.
    LOL

I know it was a joke, but for those idiots that can't differentiate. He doesn't have to vomit to lose weight, or take diet pills.

Just have a slightly different diet and change his off season routine a bit. One that emphasizes speed and agility along with strength.

I think even MJ changed his regimen at one point to lose weight. He came back leaner and better, but still strong.

Losing weight does not mean one becomes weak, specially when one is naturally strong.

And like some mentioned, it helps his body in the long run.

lebron at 30-35 was heavier and stronger

I don't believe Kobe is only 200 or even 205. He's not 3 inches shorter than LBJ. I'd bet the house that LBJ isn't close to 6'9 (Close being less than an inch). I can believe LBJ at 265, but he sure doesn't look 60 lbs heavier than Kobe IMO.

NBA rookie of the year

LeBron is NOT THAT BIG. He has big arms and shoulders, THATS IT. He has skinny legs, skinny torso, wide shoulders but narrow back, no lats what-so-ever.
    Lebron has very big quads for an NBA player. Have you ever seen other perimeter players' quads? He's carrying a lot more weight on his legs than they are.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 02-14-2009 at 01:00 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    I don't believe Kobe is only 200 or even 205. He's not 3 inches shorter than LBJ. I'd bet the house that LBJ isn't close to 6'9 (Close being less than an inch). I can believe LBJ at 265, but he sure doesn't look 60 lbs heavier than Kobe IMO.
    You don't believe me?

[QUOTE]Bryant is in stellar condition after dramatically altering his diet this summer when he felt bloated after a meal of pepperoni pizza and grape soda. He was about 215-220 pounds the past two NBA seasons and was 225-230 pounds in 2004-05.

"[B]I

College superstar

Post some locker room pics or something. It's too difficult to tell with these super baggy jerseys they wear nowadays.

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Lebron trying to be like Brock.