Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Reggie Miller - HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    His hall of fame entry is because the word "Fame" in there. Which is really about all he needed.
    Let's see Spud Webb, Mugsy Bouges, make the hall of fame. Everyone knows them. Random people who don't follow sports know them.

If that's too bold, than Kemp and Penny. Just about the same era as Miller. Have just as many accolades if not more in a shorter prime/time period. Are they into because they were "fame"ous?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Nothing any of them have done or will do short of a killing spree will make them the name Reggie Miller was because of the Knicks. Reggie was on national news....not sports news. The news period.

Spud webb wasnt shit outside basketball fans. Reggie vs Spike was big business.

Its a gotdamn 30 for 30special...and another special too....

Nothing any of them have done or will do short of a killing spree will make them the name Reggie Miller was because of the Knicks. Reggie was on national news....not sports news. The news period.

Spud webb wasnt shit outside basketball fans. Reggie vs Spike was big business.

Its a gotdamn 30 for 30special...and another special too....
    You know how many guest spots Spud and Mugsy had on TV shows in the 90s ...

Local High School Star

Those Webb, Penny ect examples aren't one and the same.

Im not going to explain the difference in coverage between Muggsy and the Reggie/Spike lee thing becase no sports fan needs it.

Reggie was never, at one time, a top 10 player. But hey, neither was Ray Allen.

Reggie was a great player tho, who played within a system his entire career. Whenever he needed to play as something greater than that, he showed up and he delivered. When the team needed him, he stepped up and not just with Robert Horry stuff. Quarters, full games, whatever.

23.5PPG for his playoff career, until the last 3 years where he averaged like 11 and was obviously well past it.

He was an All-NBA caliber player his entire career. Fringe, whatever. But he was that talent over a decade. It adds up. And in RETROSPECT, it's amazing to look back at some of those series and not realize it wasn't just a cold-blooded streak. It was his game. And if he played almost anywhere else he'd regularly put Ray Ray numbers. He didn't even play heavy minutes.

Whenever he needed to play as something greater than that, he showed up and he delivered. When the team needed him, he stepped up and not just with Robert Horry stuff. Quarters, full games, whatever.

Yea....look into that.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Most overrated player in NBA history along with Pete Maravich.
    You're confusing Reggie with Kobe.

College star

Harden isnt better than Reggie. But Manu is.
    This is correct. Manu = 2nd GOAT SG, so he's better than Reggie.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    You know how many guest spots Spud and Mugsy had on TV shows in the 90s ...

Put down the crackpipe, they are not comparable to Reggie in starpower

College star

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    Reggie Miller in his prime (whatever that may be since he was roughly the same player for a long time) lost to guys like Jeff Hornacek, Reggie Lewis, Dan Majerle, Kendall Gill, Jeff Malone, Kenny Anderson, Eddie Jones, Terrell Brandon, Sprewell, Blaylock, his own teammate Mark Jackson once and Steve Smith in All-NBA balloting. If anyone asks, I have complete results.

He flatout wasn't considered that good. Obviously, his major argument stems from his post-season play so All-NBA is irrelevant there but he's pretty overrated there too.

For all his clutch play, his career is littered with moments where he couldn't create his own shot in crunchtime where his skillset came into the equation, got fatigued due to working off-ball and running around so much or faced a tough nosed defender who'd pressure him, stick with him and not get baited into any of his cheap tactics.

Also, for a guy really "feared," pretty interesting how Phil Jackson and Larry Brown said Derrick McKey was the best player on the Pacers.

He's pretty easy to appreciate only if people didn't stop overrating him to the nth degree.
    Phil Jackson's comments on opposing players are always worthless.

College star

Did you watch the NBA in the 90s?
    He did and Reggie didn't rape anybody.